[CLOSED] Should I wait for 7 pro or 6t is still a good option......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArjunpalSingh
    Froyo May 2, 2019

ArjunpalSingh , May 2, 2019 :
    Hello everyone as we all know OnePlus 7 and 7pro are just around the corner and in India one plus just dropped the prices for 6t for all models. From all the info I can gather I have found the following info

1. One Plus 7 will be almost same as 6T just few minor changes (maybe batter increase and the SND 855)
    2. One plus 7 will cost a little bit more than 6T
    3. OnePlus 7 pro will cost as much as Samsung Galaxy S10

Right now I m using 3T. So please suggest what should I do.

2. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow May 2, 2019

ghostofcain , May 2, 2019 :
    Buy both a 6T, a 7 and a 7 pro, best of all worlds that way.

In all seriousness of YOU don't know what you want to do, what makes you think we do?

3. Sargo
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 2, 2019

Sargo , May 2, 2019 :
    Wait

4. archz2
    Gingerbread May 2, 2019

archz2 , May 2, 2019 :
    See, every new phone by OnePlus is better than the previous one I believe. 7 series will be better than 6. And 8 series will be better than 7. You'll always be in a state of greed and dissatisfaction with your already bought phone whenever OnePlus takes a out a new model. Technology keeps progressing. Qualcomm brings a faster processor frequently. Any phone becomes less stronger in a matter of few months.

That's what grows every company! Making consumer buy new phones and dump their old one.

5. The1Lion
    Marshmallow May 2, 2019

The1Lion , May 2, 2019 :
    The launch is a couple of weeks. You've held onto the 3T this long so I'd say just wait and see what the 7 offers and at what price then decide if the 6T with the price drop is better. The only drawback would be if the 6T starts selling out with the price drop. I'd think most people though would be waiting to see what the 7 offers before jumping at the 6T.

arjunpalwalia likes this.
  6. malidan
    Nougat May 4, 2019

malidan , May 4, 2019 :
    TBH bro, when one considers
    1.You can get a OP6T for less than £400.
    2.The performance difference is only seen launching games.
    3.QHD is a gimmick.
    4. Wide angle is a gimmick
    5.Zoom lens is a gimmick
    6.Edge screen means palm rejection.
    7. Moving parts means damage from lint and sand
    8. The 7 pro is approaching TWiICE THE PRICE.
    I'd get the 6 months old 6T and comeback when they add;
    .IP certification
    QI
    And 5G will be standard at no extra cost on the 8, but that's my way of thinking.:D

7. meatandy
    Oreo May 4, 2019

meatandy , May 4, 2019 :
    The Thunder purple 6T is still for sale in the north American market if that works for you.

8. Discostu
    Jelly Bean May 5, 2019

Discostu , May 5, 2019 :
    Hypocrite.

In countless other threads you get on your soapbox about how OnePlus are lacking in features because at a hardware level they don't offer things like QHD / Edge Screens / Zoom & Wide Angle lenses, and now they are gimmicks?o_O I know it is difficult for you to keep up the hatred of OnePlus, but if you're going to do so maybe don't contradict yourself left right and centre. ;)

And before you ask, here are your posts. So just to be clear, now that OnePlus are implementing them on a device it is a gimmick, however beforehand it was reason enough to buy another device and for you to claim that OnePlus isn't keeping up?

Post #1 | Post #2 | Post #3
    sht post 1.JPG sht post 2.JPG sht post 3.JPG

To @arjunpalwalia only you can answer this question truly friend.

Does your current phone do everything you need without issue? If yes, the no - you probably don't need to upgrade. However the jump from 3t to 6t will be big, but for even less money you could buy an OP6 which is more or less the same as the 6t - this might be a more cost effective option.

If however you are looking for things that your current device cannot do or you're itching for that next piece of juicy tech - then yes! Upgrade to the 7.

In the end no amount of opinion will sway your decision.... do what you want to and feel happy about the decision you make.

9. Gaurav Rohilla
    Lollipop May 5, 2019

Gaurav Rohilla , May 5, 2019 :
    wait for oneplus 11. Your 6t would hold good till then.

10. Offline7
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 5, 2019

Offline7 , May 5, 2019 :
    The Pro launches in less than two weeks, bro. Maybe wait and decide for yourself then. Anyone telling you to buy the 6T without at least waiting is just kooky, brah

Last edited: May 5, 2019

Maverick2.0 likes this.
  11. Maverick2.0
    KitKat May 5, 2019

Maverick2.0 , May 5, 2019 :
    You know, I never play games on my mobile. Yet, I bought the OP 6. As stupid as it can get - in hindsight ,of course. My student's budget Vivo phone has way more features at one-third the price.
    I also checked with the Moto G5 Plus. No noticeable difference in performance with my kind of usage ( no games).

I sometimes wonder why I bought this phone. There's no end to our wants. If only we could be strong enough to distinguish between what we really need and what we simply desire.

malidan likes this.
  12. Offline7
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 5, 2019

Offline7 , May 5, 2019 :
    Plus, leaked specs look amazing, bro

Screenshot_20190504-131345__01.jpg

It's all a matter of waiting, breh :^^)

13. kumaryashwin
    Jelly Bean May 5, 2019

14. pigmeej
    Community Veteran May 5, 2019

luigimario and Discostu like this.
  15. rainaar
    Gingerbread May 6, 2019

rainaar , May 6, 2019 :
    One Plus 7 will be worthy upgrade since it will come with latest features. 7 Pro may not be that tempting since that popup camera may have lot of moving parts and points of failures etc.

16. malidan
    Nougat May 6, 2019

malidan , May 6, 2019 :
    The PRO will have some of the long standing flagship features, the 7 will be as everything that came before.
    It's good to see OP are finally upping their hardware game, though it will come at a cost over their usual pricing.

17. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2019

Last edited: May 6, 2019

malidan likes this.
  18. Yeshwanth A
    Gingerbread May 6, 2019

Yeshwanth A , May 6, 2019 :
    this question before 2 months or before, I would have suggested you to go for 6T. But now just a week before you should definitely go for 7 series. I hope your 3T can hold up for some days.

arjunpalwalia likes this.
  19. Darkmix
    Eclair May 6, 2019

Darkmix , May 6, 2019 :
    Tbh i can't wait for 7 pro but I would like to know if there will be 7T.

20. keithnyc
    Marshmallow Moderator May 6, 2019

keithnyc , May 6, 2019 :
    Thread took its course. STOP FLAMING EACH OTHER AND ANSWER RESPECTFULLY!
    CLOSED

R.Dineen likes this.