[CLOSED] So long, OnePlus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaronruiz8
    Donut Dec 8, 2021

aaronruiz8 , Dec 8, 2021 :
    Dear OnePlus,

I just installed the new "stable" OxygenOS 12 on my $1,000 9 Pro. I'm currently settling for the following:
    • Despite countless complaints on the forum, I still have low contrast and ugly red 1's in all my clocks so that I can't tell the difference between 12:00 and 2:00. You actually managed to design a phone that fails to tell users the time.
    • The update completely broke my 5G and 4G network connectivity so I could not make calls or send texts.
    • Display scaling is inconsistent across many system apps to the point that they are unusable.
    • I can't use OnePlus contacts or dialer apps anymore to be consistent with other OnePlus apps. On second thought, maybe this isn't so much of an issue because they would probably have incorrect display scaling too.
    • My quick settings tiles have been changed against my will to force me to use poor quality features instead of the ones I already specified that I want.
    • Google Assistant is completely broken. It launches for half a second and then crashes every time.
    • I can no longer change my icons so that they don't look like cheap Chinese Apple knockoffs.
    • I can't disable the Google Feed to the left of the home screens.
    • Swiping down on the home screen to open the notifications panel doesn't work.
    • Interacting with widgets causes a jarring "press" animation even when scrolling or swiping on it's internal elements.
    • I can no longer set the app search to automatically open when opening the app drawer.
    • The refresh rate aggressively clocks down far too often.
    • I can't toggle icon label visibility on home screens and app drawer independently.
    • I can no longer "disable" stock apps I don't want.
    • I can no longer enter a hex value for my custom accent color.
    • The icon pulldown gesture conflicts with the Google Assistant corner gesture.
    • I can no longer see the battery percentage value when the notification shade or quick settings are expanded.
    • And so much more...
    I have been a loyal member of this community since I got my first OnePlus 3. OxygenOS used to be a refined operating system and OnePlus used to care about producing quality products. Neither of those seem to be the case anymore. I am deeply disappointed.

However, I did learn something valuable from you over the years: Never Settle. That's why I just ordered a Pixel 6 Pro ✌🏼

2. ArvydasPet
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2021

3. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Dec 9, 2021

4. misiokicio
    Donut Dec 9, 2021

misiokicio , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 9, 2021 :
    totally feel ur pain pal, they just aint giving a flying fu...k anymore, if i wanted to buy oppo phone would've done that already instead of picking OnePlus, hope most folks shows how they feel, and same goes later when making decision to buy next OnePlus flagship

Vouad likes this.
  5. Safther
    Eclair Dec 9, 2021

6. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Dec 9, 2021

pablofg1978 , Dec 9, 2021 :
    Hello there,
    Please read and use the official update thread for any update related discussion
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-12-for-the-oneplus-9-and-oneplus-9-pro.1524378/
    Instructions on how to report bugs and leave feedback are on the first post.
    Thread closed

Tokolozi likes this.