[Closed][Solved] Shipping to Canada temporarily suspended

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpajak
    Eclair Mar 11, 2015

rpajak , Mar 11, 2015 :
    Also, will I have any problems in the future if I have a defective device or any problems where I need to ship the phone back for any reason?

2. SoniaB
    Head Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Mar 11, 2015

SoniaB , Mar 11, 2015 :
    The shipping suspension does not affect the RMA procedure. If you have a defective device or a problem, you would open a ticket with support as per normal and be guided on the process from there on by staff.

I would suggest that you keep all your packaging and invoice as a safeguard.

Tobikage, OALEXANDER and fenice like this.
  3. ellisonline
    Gingerbread Mar 22, 2015

ellisonline , Mar 22, 2015 :
    This is very disappointing - can't buy any of the official accessories or the new stuff like a power bank.

Guess its off to eBay. Seriously - before the OPO Two you guys really need to resolve this - a lot of your friends would like to buy your products again - and right now - we can't - this is not a positive experience - its been two months - please make it a priority.

4. Gallieg444
    Cupcake Mar 23, 2015

SoniaB likes this.
  5. SoniaB
    Head Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Mar 23, 2015

SoniaB , Mar 23, 2015 :
    None yet - sorry :(

Tobikage likes this.
  6. Amniseed
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2015

Amniseed , Mar 24, 2015 :
    Do we have a rough idea as to when we can expect this issue to be resolved?

SoniaB likes this.
  7. Gunslinger2015
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2015

Gunslinger2015 , Mar 24, 2015 :
    This is absolutely ridiculous. I've been psyched for the past week on the open invite deal, so I just woke up to buy one (4AM EST) and found this out. Was even considering getting my wife one one the next open invite. We'd be jumping from a 5S and 4S.

Sadly, it looks like OnePlus will get none of our business, nor any recommendations through word of mouth from our corner.

Note 4 it is.

Time to get more sleep.

8. johnzilla
    Eclair Mar 24, 2015

johnzilla , Mar 24, 2015 :
    Ya, I did the same, up at 4am to buy one. Bit of a bummer. "A few weeks" has turned into a month. Hopefully they resolve this soon.

9. SoniaB
    Head Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Mar 24, 2015

SoniaB , Mar 24, 2015 :
    Still no update guys. If any of you live close to the border, you could use an US mailbox and then go and collect. Other possibility is using a mail forwarding service but you would need to investigate costs for that plus the customs duty taxes.

Tobikage likes this.
  10. SoniaB

SoniaB , Mar 24, 2015 :
    :( As per my post above, if you live close to the border, you could use an US mailbox and then go and collect. Other possibility is using a mail forwarding service but you would need to investigate costs for that plus the customs duty taxes.

Tobikage likes this.
  11. oneguycoding
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2015

oneguycoding , Mar 24, 2015 :
    I tried to order with a US shipping address and a Canadian billing address but it still refused to take my order. Is it not even possible to bill to a Canadian address?

12. SoniaB

SoniaB , Mar 24, 2015 :
    That should not be the case. What was the error message? Make sure you are on the US site also.

Tobikage and OALEXANDER like this.
  13. yiwang
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2015

14. oneguycoding
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2015

oneguycoding , Mar 24, 2015 :
    This time it allowed me to order, but is insisting that I create a paypal account, which I refuse to do.

I'll just wait until you have some sane payment options.

Paypal is evil.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

GPopovich and SoniaB like this.
  15. SoniaB

SoniaB , Mar 24, 2015 :
    Is it not giving you Guest Checkout option? PayPal is the only method of payment but you can sometimes check out as a guest

16. ljvarga
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2015

ljvarga , Mar 24, 2015 :
    Same. Pretty choked
    Especially considering my address changes within a month so the window to get one gets considerably smaller

17. Jael Pendragon
    KitKat Mar 24, 2015

Jael Pendragon , Mar 24, 2015 :
    So evil that you can easily get your money back in case of problems and just upgraded buyers protection to 180 days not to mention they cover shipping costs if you choose to send back an article you don't like

Driver0204, GPopovich and SoniaB like this.
  18. deltatux
    Donut Mar 24, 2015

deltatux , Mar 24, 2015 :
    I really don't understand why this was suspended. OnePlus is just hurting themselves by essentially pulling out of an existing market that is interested in their products just to satisfy what I understand is a vocal few.

I've got friends trying to get the device and have moved on to competitors. Crossing the border is not a feasible alternative for many, so it's ridiculous to suggest it. It will work for some, but most don't have that option.

19. ellisonline
    Gingerbread Mar 24, 2015

ellisonline , Mar 24, 2015 :
    There has been some back and forth on the root cause of this.

1) The vocal few that didn't research customs duties is certainly a part of it.
    2) Really high fees from DHL for duty collection
    3) It appears their were some irregularities in some of the customs declarations used for USPS/Canada Post - and customs caught on. There are reports that customs started seizing shipments.

#3 appears to be the root cause - but its largely rumour. You'd think they could resolve the matter faster than this.

Ruth Anne Taves, iTrollz and SoniaB like this.
  20. SoniaB

SoniaB , Mar 24, 2015 :
    There is still the option of mail forwarding if people can't cross border to collect. There will be mailforwarding companies out there that can do it. Its how users from non-launch countries like Australia have been able to get the OPO. As to costs, I do not know. It may not make the OPO competitive in terms of price.

Jael Pendragon likes this.