[CLOSED][SOLVED]Transfer/Restore of SMS from old Phone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aeron
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2019

Aeron , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Hello Colleagues/Friends/fellow humans in the world of machines,

I have recently bought OnePlus 7 Pro as replacment for my old OnePlus 3T. As sensible person first thing I did was upgrade to Android 10 and didnt restore all my data as I wanted to have fresh start.

I was able to move everything and configure all but Im having trouble to move SMS from old phone to new one.
    So far I tried:
    SMS Backup & Restore apps from Google Play and I was supprised they didnt work as I didnt have such problem with it before. So I tried official App to move SMS data. OnePlus Switch this didnt work as well.

My question to you. Have anyone had the same problem before ? Is there some new Feature/Bug/Security Annoyance in Android 10 which is causing problems ?

For oneplus Switch I send back feedback via APP but no response so Im hoping someone was trying to do the same and is able to shine a bit of light on this frustrating problem.

Thanks in advance for any sensible tips/solutions/advices/condolences.

Edit:// As transfer of data was completed and I was able to move photos and all The problem seems to lay with the import of the data. I think.

2. insainity
    Eclair Dec 7, 2019

insainity , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 7, 2019 :
    I just went to OP 7 Pro from an older device. I used SMS backup without an issue. I saved to Google drive and restored from there as well. Did you see the error when you made it default text app when restoring? if so:

battery options turn off optimization for sms backup
    restart device after making it default for texting

I swear by that app it has moved me from 5-6 phones overall.

Aeron likes this.
  3. Aeron
    Gingerbread Dec 7, 2019

Aeron , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 7, 2019 :
    Well this is embarrassing. I focused on the issue that no app worked for me to restore sms that I forgot to apply basic windows solution of reboot.

You were right.
    I had to change sms backup and restore as default app, reboot phone and then do alternative restore of sms. This worked.

You have my sincere thanks.

Thread can be closed. On the bright side maybe it helps in the future somebody with the same problem.

insainity likes this.
  4. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 8, 2019

superplus , Dec 8, 2019 :
    Glad putting it as default, followed by a simple reboot was able to solve it in the end. Thread closed as per your request @Aeron and thanks for the helpful answer @insainity :)

Aeron likes this.