[CLOSED][TEST] Possible Fix for 911 calling issue on the OP5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Jul 19, 2017

Dr. Indest , Jul 19, 2017 :
    Pre-reading: http://opengapps.org/blog/post/2016/04/25/google-dialer/

As I wrote on reddit:
    If you have the OP5, Open gApps started adding a framework with their larger packs. read the above link.

I don't have a OP5, so I cannot flash gApps to see if the issue can be fixed. However, maybe someone can test it out.

Regards,
    Someone who use to suffer from this issue, on their OPO, and spent too much time learning about the issue.

PS. @Adam Krisko I believe you work in the "beta" or development department. Might be best to forward this info along. Emergency "911" issues are a huge deal.

2. lostLambda
    Lollipop Jul 19, 2017

nyzproof333 and Mr. Vandelay like this.
  3. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Jul 19, 2017

Dr. Indest , Jul 19, 2017 :
    Someone already explained this? Make no mistake, I am not asking for help. I am explaining the issue.

To merge it will deprive of ppl from a potential fix, since this will get lost in a sea of hate spam.

4. lostLambda
    Lollipop Jul 19, 2017

nyzproof333 likes this.
  5. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 19, 2017

lostLambda likes this.
  6. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Jul 19, 2017

SoniaB , Jul 19, 2017 :
    uhm ...

There is a thread about the issue, not one on a possible fix [to be tested] which is what your thread is.

I am in agreement. The two threads have different purpose. Though to make sure that the two can stay separate, @Reboot101 I am going to edit your thread title slightly.

7. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Jul 20, 2017

Dr. Indest , Jul 20, 2017 :
    Official update from OnePlus: Update 2

"Here's latest update on the 911 issue: We have been in touch with the customer and have tested a software update that has resolved the issue. We will be rolling out the software update shortly.

Thanks, David"

lostLambda likes this.
  8. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Jul 20, 2017

Dr. Indest likes this.