[CLOSED] thank you for disabling dash charge function.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G_charlie_Pouls_jLdm Eclair May 18, 2019

2. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop May 18, 2019

3. Waveform Modifier Lollipop May 18, 2019

Waveform Modifier, May 18, 2019 :
    Mine works. Maybe check if there is any obstruction in your charging port. Jumping to conclusions isn't good for you.

G_charlie_Pouls_jLdm likes this.
  4. G_plusone Lollipop May 18, 2019

Phi_ and G_charlie_Pouls_jLdm like this.
  5. G_charlie_Pouls_jLdm Eclair May 18, 2019

G_charlie_Pouls_jLdm, May 18, 2019 :
    many thanks to all who showed up. and sorry I needed irritating speech otherwise who would care about my charging problem .
    I exclude any hardware issue because I have two charging bricks and 2 cables for one phone , cleaned them deeply but the same result for both. also I'm not using my phone for gaming and not over or undercharging it. thats why I think it is program fault.
    I'm a bachelor of power engineering so please don't mind to use complicated words if you know whats happening.

Gaurav Rohilla likes this.
  6. G_charlie_Pouls_jLdm Eclair May 18, 2019

Gaurav Rohilla likes this.
  7. G_plusone Lollipop May 18, 2019

G_plusone, May 18, 2019 :
    How long does it take for a full charge now?
    What does it show on the phone when it is put on Charge?

8. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert May 18, 2019

dsmonteiro, May 18, 2019 :
    What color does the LED show when charging?

9. G_MOHAN_KRISHNA_HLAe Honeycomb May 18, 2019

G_MOHAN_KRISHNA_HLAe, May 18, 2019 :

G_plusone

Is it only Charging rapidly ?​

that's what called dash charge they changed name in to charging rapidly because dash charge is other company patent search in Google dash charge patent they asked one plus to remove it so one plus changed the name into charging rapidly

10. G_plusone Lollipop May 18, 2019

I know that was the reason I asked him

11. Madnezz4Ever Ice Cream Sandwich May 18, 2019

Madnezz4Ever, May 18, 2019 :
    Just because you tried two cables/bricks doesn't mean it isn't a hardware issue as your charging port could either be dirty or damaged.

Try cleaning it and try forcing the cable into the phone to see if it starts to rapid charge. The cable needs to be all the way in otherwise you will get slow charge.

12. Mukund760 Honeycomb May 18, 2019

Mukund760, May 18, 2019 :
    Its working perfectly fine for me. Maybe you damaged your Type C port. Get it checked at a service centre.

13. G_charlie_Pouls_jLdm Eclair May 18, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  14. G_charlie_Pouls_jLdm Eclair May 18, 2019

thanks for advise mate, but I really take good care on them, thats why I can say that its up to software, I have even used cables from other phones. on one of them I still have portcover/protector on cable end , just like it was covered when I took it our from box.
    I don't even leave it overnight, 1 reason it damages the "battery" and its safety future
    and 2 because I don't want connector head to get wider. I'm that pedantic

15. G_charlie_Pouls_jLdm Eclair May 18, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  16. Nick 59 Lollipop May 18, 2019

Nick 59, May 18, 2019 :
    Surprised that a bachelor of power engineering is SO quick to dismiss hardware fault having assessed 2 of the 3 components in his test as working correctly. (2 cables/blocks, 1 phone)
    If this were a software issue EVERYONE using the same version of OxygenOS as you would be suffering from this issue - they are not.
    Take your device to a service centre and get the charging port checked. You have a hardware fault.

EDIT: Leaving your battery on charge overnight does NOT damage it either. ;)

Budruel, Herbert_Lagos and ImraanK like this.
  17. G_plusone Lollipop May 18, 2019

It looks like it is slow charging.
    How much time does it take for a full charge?

18. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert May 18, 2019

dsmonteiro, May 18, 2019 :
    If it's red, it's definitely not fast charging. Just to confirm: are you using the original cable and adapter? Fast charging only works with the official cable.

If nothing else works, I would advise you to contact support.

19. G_charlie_Pouls_jLdm Eclair May 18, 2019

many thanks, I guess it would be only option

20. G_charlie_Pouls_jLdm Eclair May 18, 2019

Don't give me Deja vu 's from university please [e]1f603[/e]
    Everything has to be perfect every god damn measurements phones sensors take,should be perfect in order to start quick charge/rapid charge.(battery voltage,heat sensors, etc) thats why it takes time till quick charge kicks it like like VVT in car engines.
    this is controlled by software thats is why charging slows down after 60%, the reason of that speed decline is software NOT hardware.
    and IF dear program decides to not start it on the first place for some(measured) reason ,no matter how clean my cables would be it will Not start quick charge.

there should be the way to reset those numbers.

Leaving phone over night to charge( as recent study shows )damages batteries lifespan (the reason for that is it keeps charging and then disengaging multiple times over night and it could potentially damage it.
    the main reason I don't leave is I don't want Port itself to be ruined (widened-then all connectors would be loose)

eye842 and G_plusone like this.