[Closed] The Moderators in this Forum Are Chickens Just like One Plus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toastytoast1234 Marshmallow Oct 20, 2018

toastytoast1234, Oct 20, 2018 :
    Yeah Apple are always sorely in need of publicity for their launch events, they can barely pay people to watch them.

2. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Oct 20, 2018

Cheetosdust, Oct 20, 2018 :
    Your knowledge in spandex always fascinated me. Like a Wikipedia for all things tight. ;)

B_Wrath, Baymax, Kytharsis and 4 others like this.
  3. ouyamaster Honeycomb Oct 20, 2018

4. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Oct 20, 2018

And you figured out now that OnePlus is not as big as Apple and Samsung?

B_Wrath, Baymax, Kytharsis and 2 others like this.
  5. ouyamaster Honeycomb Oct 20, 2018

ouyamaster, Oct 20, 2018 :

Cheetosdust

And you figured out now that OnePlus is not as big as Apple and Samsung?​

of course that is obvious but this action shows a lack of confidence in your product.

If the new oxygen is that good why not give a few free units out to the you tube channels that highlight it's features over ios?

6. toastytoast1234 Marshmallow Oct 20, 2018

toastytoast1234, Oct 20, 2018 :
    I have gaps in my knowledge of anything from 3 months to 3 years (actually I'm probably on about 5 by now), but there's no escaping the classics.

Weirdly enough, for all the times I've watched that clip before I never noticed the French Maid skulking around in the background before.

Baymax, Kytharsis, otto2 and 3 others like this.
  7. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Oct 20, 2018

No, it actually shows being smart and adjusting its plans to the reality.

Picture this: you are the Editor in Chief of a publication. You have one reporter to send out to New York.

Thinking about pageviews and the readers of your publication, do you send him/her to cover Apple or OnePlus?

jcyq88, Baymax, Android450 and 4 others like this.
  8. ouyamaster Honeycomb Oct 20, 2018

That part make sense but don't paste the reason on your website it not only gives apple free publicity and makes you look like you are submitting to them.

Come up with a better excuse and don't reveal why to not make it look like you are apples witch.

9. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Oct 20, 2018

camohan, Oct 20, 2018 :
    I don't really care as long as they make devices that fits in my pocket, my usage and follow their own philosophy of never settle. There are always 2 sides of a coin. I choose to see the brighter side that they were came forth with true facts.

Look at this thread, you learned to quote messages !

B_Wrath, Baymax, Kytharsis and 3 others like this.
  10. ouyamaster Honeycomb Oct 20, 2018

I'd have to settle for a lot to buy this phone so I will not.

1. settle for a Notch

2. Settle for no headphone jack

3. Settle for a glass back

4. Settle for no wireless charging

5. Settle for no waterproofing.

6. Settle for an unwarranted price increase.

I'm sure there is plenty more anyone feel free to chime in.

11. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Oct 20, 2018

Sure... but youuuuuuuu can't seeeeeeeee me!!! :p

I don't like wrestling man. If I want to watch people acting, I just watch a movie or a tv show.

Fun fact: There Will Be Blood started out as a catch phrase on WWE. Later they figured out it was not on the script and it was adapted to a great movie. Yes, this actually makes Daniel a great wrestler.

All true if you don't check it. :p

Apple and OnePlus are businesses. It's easy.

OnePlus is more community oriented, but yeah, if the product doesn't have exposure on launch day, it's not that great for business.

Apple sold millions and millions of phones and reached the magical "trillion" mark. OnePlus did not. You may love it or hate it, but Apple is very popular and very powerful.

Maybe the 6T will make a dent on the XR - who knows - but for Apple to fall, it will take years and years.

OnePlus knows that better than you and me and saw the best option for the business side of things while MAKING SURE the fans were taken care of.

I'm the first to write when OnePlus makes some bad decisions (some are just stupid) - the threads and posts are all public on these forums - but this time I think they did the correct thing.

This is not related to the phone itself and all the rest - I don't know if the OnePlus 6T will be any good, but about the reaction to Apple scheduling the event for the same day.

12. meatandy Oreo Oct 20, 2018

meatandy, Oct 20, 2018 :
    What does your opening post have to do with the moderators , don't you know they just moderate The Forum have nothing to do with the decisions made by OnePlus?

jcyq88, Baymax, Kytharsis and 5 others like this.
  13. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Oct 20, 2018

camohan, Oct 20, 2018 :
    I think you are being too repetitive and there is already no purpose of this thread in first place. I wish you all the best in your search for the perfect phone.

You may continue to discuss in existing threads as I see your topics are already covered across forum.

Pointless thread closed.

Baymax, Kytharsis, otto2 and 5 others like this.
  14. script Nougat Moderator Oct 20, 2018

pigmeej, Baymax, Kytharsis and 2 others like this.
  15. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 20, 2018

superplus, Oct 20, 2018 :
    Posts will be deleted only if they violate the Terms & Rules or if a user requests the deletion of their thread or proceeds with the deletion themselves.

Also be careful with laughing your behind off too much, or it might become uncomfortable to sit ;)

If you have anything to say regarding the move of the launch event, you can do so in that thread:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/announcement-oneplus-6t-launch-update.927563/unread

If you have anything to say about the 6T speculations, you can do so in that thread:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/unified-oneplus-6t-speculation-discussion.834259/

Please mind your language and behaviour in general, I'd like to remind you of Rule 2. Code of Conduct, there's no need to go throwing abuse around.

Please note that threads, however interesting they might prove for the thread starter and any participants in it, still need to serve a purpose of some sort and not be duplicate. What you said in your opening post could just as easily have been said in any of the already existing threads.

Furthermore you made some mention of unfair moderator actions on you, but, even though asked about it by the Head Moderator and some thread participants, you've yet to actually reply to this with any actual actions.

I don't know who this "we" is you're talking about, but if this is the way you feel, then please be clear about whose opinion you are voicing. I for one don't think it's "chicken" to move an event you've already made arrangements for and which is likely to upset people.

And for someone who could care less, you're wasting an awful lot of time and words on them.

Actually, if you'd have a look at the posts in the announcement of the event date change, you'd see the vast majority of forum users seems to appreciate the honesty behind the announcement. If you prefer to get told a fake reason, then that is your prerogative, but it is just your preference, and not that of the majority it seems, but please do check it out for yourself.

Again, please take it to the speculation thread.

This thread has gone way off-topic, and was pointless to start with.

Thread closed.

If you have any actual evidence to provide of your mod abuse claims or otherwise, please feel free to PM: https://forums.oneplus.com/conversations/add?to=superplus

16. Cervantes Lollipop Moderator Oct 20, 2018

Cervantes, Oct 20, 2018 :
    Ole Ole Ole Ole

Baymax, Kytharsis, otto2 and 3 others like this.