[closed]The new One Plus Launcher is terrible. Bring back the old Launcher!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lpadvisor
    Gingerbread Sep 26, 2017

lpadvisor , Sep 26, 2017 :
    The folder icons a incredibly small and you need a magnifying glass to see what the icons are. Definitely not good accessibility for older people.

The slide up from bottom no longer brings up the Google search.

The new reviews on Google Play after this update are 90% negative..Please chime in if you agree.

Deadlynitro and Ash1091 like this.
  2. F_Diganta_Baro_pBas
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2017

marco_sporte likes this.
  3. kamikaze2112
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2017

kamikaze2112 , Sep 26, 2017 :
    I'm not terribly happy with it either. I don't like how folders open a full screen view of icons, makes it so you can't reach the stuff on the left with your thumb easily, which is why all my stuff was in folders along the right side of the screen in the first place. The slide up app drawer is ok tho, IMO. I don't really use the google assistant much anyway.

4. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Sep 26, 2017

Liehjan , Sep 26, 2017 :
    There are plenty of threads open regarding this launcher update. No need to open a new one.

5. louisdexiii
    Donut Sep 26, 2017

marco_sporte likes this.
  6. NiravHirpara
    Donut Sep 26, 2017

NiravHirpara , Sep 26, 2017 :
    1. It's based on Pixel, not Oreo.
    2. You can change the size and style of the icons or even download new ones from the Play Store. Long press your home screen and go to settings.
    3. If you want to go back to the old look, go to settings, apps, OnePlus launcher, 3 dots in the upper right corner, uninstall updates.
    4. Use the search before creating new threads. Or just read the forum because every single thread is about the same thing.

marco_sporte likes this.
  7. Deadlynitro
    Eclair Sep 26, 2017

Deadlynitro , Sep 26, 2017 :
    4. Which clearly shows how many people are upset about the update and there should be an option to switch between launcher styles.

I know I've uninstalled the updates to get the button back and couldn't be happier. I'm all for giving change a chance, but only when it makes sense to make that change and this doesn't make sense it's just a style a Dev preferred. Fortunately everyone's preferences are so how about we.live up to the OnePlus slogan and #NeverSettle for a change a lot of people didn't want.

8. Horsault
    Moderator Moderator Sep 26, 2017

Horsault , Sep 26, 2017 :
    Read specs BEFORE upgrading.
    If you're acting inconsiderate, only blame yourself.
    Use search engine.
    Don't open duplicate threads.

samgsam likes this.