[CLOSED] The off-season F1 talk

?

Who will win 2022 Formula 1 Constructor's Championship?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2022.
  1. Mercedes AMG PETRONAS F1

30.8%
  2. Red Bull Racing

15.4%
  3. Scuderia Ferrari Santander

46.2%
  4. McLaren

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Alpine Racing

7.7%
  6. Scuderia Alpha Tauri

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Aston Martin Cognizant F1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Williams Racing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Sauber Alfa Romeo Racing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Uralkali Haas F1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlienEye
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 10 Pro 5G Jan 14, 2022

AlienEye , Jan 14, 2022 :
    1.gif (Thumbnail credits @rohitanand )
    Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing good.
    Formula 1 in 2021 had its one of the most exciting, dramatic season ever in the history of sport, joining with 2012, 2008 and some others in 1990's. This season had me sitting on the edge of my seat until the last moments of season finale race. The first race from Bahrain to season finale Abu Dhabi, every race was just interesting in its own way(Not you Spa Franco champs and Losail). Even if it wasn't for racing, nature played a great role in this season.

Now we are into 2022 season and I'm already pumped up for pre-season testing and for the first race in Bahrain. There are many reasons to be excited this season:
    - New regulations, Formula 1 car is entering a new Hybrid era with focus on improving aerodynamics of the car which will help in close racing
    - New Mercedes line-up
    - "El-Plan" (Fernando Alonso confident of fighting for title)
    - Completely new Alfa Romeo line-up
    - This year will be Ferrari year (not-jinxing)
    - Williams with significant improvement
    - Aston Martin Collapse
    This is just a overlook, we will go in deep about this years rumors, speculations and predictions.
    Let's start with Formula 1 itself
    FORMULA 1
    [​IMG]
    - Sadly, it is expected that there will be no live coverage of pre-season testing that will take place in Barcelona because Liberty Media wants to create hype within the fans. It is said that only highlights will be shown. (You will pay for this liberty media)
    [​IMG]
    (Liberty media chuckling:imp:)​
    - We are racing in new track this season, the "Miami circuit" which is built around a baseball stadium with a nice view for the rich to enjoy. Smhh, not going to lie I don't like the idea of F1 racing in Miami. But that's not it, we may race in African continent again. South Africa's Kyalami circuit is expected to return in 2022 (chances of this happening is very slim), but 2023 could be a reality. Finally, #WeRaceAsOne will be apt.
    That's enough about Formula 1 itself, now let's move to the F1 governing body the FIA

FIA
    upload_2022-1-15_0-0-15.png
    FIA pretty much messed up last season with their inconsistent decisions.
    - FIA appointed new president Ben Sulayem who has promised to look into the blunder of Abu Dhabi GP and also to take strict actions. FIA is trying to complete the Abu Dhabi GP investigation by February 3rd. Hamilton's return is tied with this investigation.
    - Michael Masi might not continue as race director for the upcoming season. After taking a series of bad decisions in the final race and the inconsistency in decisions over the course of season, he might be on the brink of losing his job. The only thing stopping FIA right now to change the race director is that they don't have a suitable replacement (I am always available FIA:sweatsmile:)

Now lets go constructor's wise and start from the American(Russian) team
    Uralkali HAAS F1
    [​IMG]

- "Schumacher" and "Mazepin" are on equal terms in terms of their relationship after a difficult rookie season. "Mazepin" commented on "Schumacher" last year that he gets everything easy because he is the son of GOAT, but we all know how Mazepin made it into Formula 1 first place.
    - There aren't many rumours around Haas F1 as no one expects much from them because of their financial woes. I feel they might have 2 more years left in Formula 1, they are in very difficult position as a team.
    - Car Reveal Date : TBA
    -My early predictions: P10 in constructors

Sauber Alfa Romeo Racing
    [​IMG]

- There were early talks with Andretti about takeover of the Sauber and eventually a majority stake in the Alfa Rome team, but it seems like the talks have been dropped.
    - Sauber chairman Pascal Picci was the reason behind drivers from Ferrari driving academy used to join Alfa Romeo. Now he has stepped down due a verbal disagreement with Fred Vausser on the decision of second seat which ultimately fell in Zhou's hand
    - Fred Vausser says, there have been a lot offers from China to sponsor the team after Zhou's signing. I guess they made the right decision for team and could see improvement as constructors in coming years. (I still feel for Oscar Piastri)
    - My early prediction: With a rookie and a new driver, I guess they would still be in the same spot P9.

Williams Racing
    [​IMG]

- One of the longest running teams on the grid have kept thing quite this off-season. There isn't much to report about the team but seems like their development is going very smooth.
    - With Dorliton Capital taking over team operations in 2020, everything has been an upward graph for them since then. They achieved a handful of points in 2021 after 2020 turmoil which is very much promising for the future. They've got Jenson Button too.
    - With Alex Albon coming back to the grid again, I'm very interested in this driver pairing and looking forward to see how they will perform. I feel Alex Albon will finish above Latifi in 2022 season.
    - My early prediction: P8 in constructors championship

ASTON MARTIN COGNIZANT F1
    [​IMG]

- Otmar Szafnauer has left the team just months before pre-season testing. There were reports early in 2021 season that he was about to leave the team to lead Alpine F1 but later he publicly denies those reports(Cheeky).
    - Aston Martin appoint Mike Krack, former BMW motorsport boss as their new team principal (should've appointed Lance stroll, he would have strolled everyone:tearsofjoy:). "Krack" has a big crack to fix in the team.
    - They've disappointed a whole lot of fans after a bad 2021 season, I feel the disappointment might continue for this year too because there is no chance of Green Mercedes this year due to regulation changes:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:.
    - Aston Martin are building a new technology center and they aim to make it operational by end of 2022 or early 2023. Tides may shift in favor of them in 2023, but I'm not optimistic for them this season.
    - Aston Martin also hijacked Mercedes F1 aero chief Eric Blandin, their intention is clear but implementation might take time.
    - Car Reveal Date : 10th February
    - My early predictions: P7 or P6 in constructors championship

SCUDERIA ALPHA TAURI
    [​IMG]

- The Red Bull sister team has been pretty quite off-season, there has been nothing cooking on car development news or driver news
    - They had one of the strongest years in F1, giving Alpine a good run this season.
    - Tsunoda's seat was hanging in thread after several bad performances in mid-season but he concreted his seat with a strong finish at the end of the season. His defending against Hamilton and overtake on Alonso was a highlight this season. I just enjoyed those moments completely.
    - I wanted Gasly in RedBull but it is what it is. With an average qualifying position P6 and race position P7, he showed how strong he is. I just want to see him in a better team next season.
    - My early prediction: P7 or P6 in constructors championship.

ALPINE F1
    [​IMG]

-"EL PLAN" , Alonso is cooking and we could expect great results from this team
    - Martin Budkowski, executive director of the team has departed. He was in the team principal role after Cyril's departure last year but he left the team within a year, probably to make way for Otmar Szafnauer.
    - Estebean Ocon has extended his contract for 3 years with Alpine, but he might already move to Mercedes if Hamilton doesn't show for F1 2022. According to experts, he is the front runner for Mercedes hot seat. If the same happens, Oscar Piastri might grab the second Alpine seat.
    - Car reveal date: TBA
    - My early predictions: P4 or P2 in constructors championship. It's all or nothing for Alpine.

MCLAREN
    [​IMG]
    - Norris put in solid performances for McLaren in 2021, on the other hand Daniel didn't. McLaren probably lost P3 in constructors just because of Daniel's slow start.
    - There has been rumors of Audi overtaking McLaren, but CEO Zac Brown denied those statements publicly.
    - Daniel Riccardo stated his start to the season as "nearly laughable" in an interview.
    - McLaren is one of the best teams on the grid, but they have financial woes too. They may eventually end up selling the team in near future(just a blind guess) and focus on Indy racing.
    - Car reveal date: TBA
    My early prediction: P5 in constructors championship

SCUDERIA FERRARI SANTANDER
    [​IMG]

- "This year will be our year" : Finally, time to keep up those words I hope
    - Ferrari have been focusing on their 2022 challenger from 2 years. They have been developing the engine with great optimism. They have been very focused which made Mattia Binotto to personally involve in engine development in the factory due to which he missed several races. He even commented that they don't care about 2021 result.
    - Mission Winnow exits and Santander returns to sponsor the team, old vibes for Ferrari fans.
    - Jean Todt is set to return to the team in advising role says some reports.
    - Shell has optimized their race fuel for Ferrari which reportedly helped them to recover 20HP:screamcat:
    - Sainz renewal talks are in place and he might extend his contract for two more years
    - Every piece is falling in place for Ferrari and I'm very much optimistic for this team.
    - Car Reveal Date: TBA
    - My early predictions: P1 or P2 (anything less...we riot)

RED BULL RACING
    [​IMG]

- Max Verstappen won the driver's championship in the most controversial way possible, yet completely deserving title.
    - Max Verstappen decided to take the #1 in the grid after his first driver's title.
    - Christian Horner has extended his contract to stay as team principal until 2026
    - Honda was said to exit F1 in 2021 and help Red Bull to develop their own engine and production for 2022, but recent reports says that the partnership has been extended till 2026 until engine freeze. Honda will manufacture engines for Red Bull in Japan but without Honda branding, that's a great gesture from Honda
    - Horner said they're optimistic about 2022 car development and they have been achieving their goals, but if "Ferrari" smashes them out of park then their car development might have been compromised.
    - Red Bull also roped in several Mercedes powertrain engineers for 2022
    - My early predictions: P3 or P4 (their development might have taken a hit I guess)

MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS F1
    [​IMG]
    - Hamilton WDC loss rattled the entire team and fanbase. Hamilton is supposedly still in shock over the events that took place in Abu Dhabi GP. Some say he might not return until he believes in FIA again, which might only happen if they sack Michael Masi and change some blunt rules. I don't want Hamilton to end his career this way, but it is what it is
    - Toto might already have a backup plan in place if Hamilton doesn't return. The possibilities are Estebean Ocon, the podium less driver with most races, Nyc De Vries, Estebean Guttirez. The podium less man feels a good choice to me.
    - Mercedes are the first team to fire up their rocket this season.
    - I feel Mercedes has managed their 2022 car development smartly while winning the 2021 constructor's title. I don't see them downgrading this season unless Ferrari and Alpine shows up.
    - My early predictions: P1 or P3 in constructors championship

That's it folks, thanks for the read. Comment down any other rumors if you know and also drop in your early predictions. Also drop in your driver's championship predictions.
    Stay Safe.

Gor., derLenno, rHITkM. and 16 others like this.
  2. AlienEye
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 10 Pro 5G Jan 14, 2022

3. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Jan 14, 2022

Dresa91 , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Thank you for the tag:)
    And thanks for this thread:)
    The next season will be interesting:)

4. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Community Expert Jan 14, 2022

TibiTibi , Jan 14, 2022 :
    👌🤤

5. Bobbie63
    Nougat Jan 14, 2022

Bobbie63 , Jan 14, 2022 :
    This sums it up very nicely, thank you.

6. SRD.
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Jan 15, 2022

SRD. , Jan 15, 2022 :
    A wonderful thread to start the day with. Thanks, @AlienEye for the tag. That's pretty much the sum up of F1 2022.

I can't predict anything unless design changes are in place, but yes, Ferrari & Mercedes are gonna roar this season.

7. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Jan 15, 2022

Liehjan , Jan 15, 2022 :
    Thanks for the tag!
    And thanks for the thread. Next season will be next level and no one can really know which cars improve, and which aren't... The thing I'm most exited about next season is F1 TV pro is coming to my country, and all the camera angles and additional data I can be able to see

Tobikage, rHITkM., Bobbie63 and 4 others like this.
  8. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Jan 15, 2022

Tobikage, rHITkM., SRD. and 4 others like this.
  9. Cheetosdust
    Moderator, Content Coordinator Moderator Writers' Club Jan 15, 2022

Tobikage, rHITkM., AlienEye and 3 others like this.
  10. rHITkM.
    Jelly Bean Jan 16, 2022

rHITkM. , Jan 16, 2022 :

Thanks @AlienEye for the Tag , and very well written thread thanks for this too.
    It was very nice to be in the previous thread.

- I think Hamilton should return for 2022.
    - And Want to see good fight for the WDC amongst atleast 6 teams so there is some Element of Surprise.
    - I am rooting for Mercedes.

Tobikage, Dresa91 and AlienEye like this.
  11. derLenno
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Jan 17, 2022

derLenno , Jan 17, 2022 :
    Let me pre-order torches and pitchforks lol

AlienEye, Tobikage and Dresa91 like this.
  12. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Jan 17, 2022

Tobikage , Jan 17, 2022 :
    Wait...who ? what ?

rHITkM., AlienEye and Dresa91 like this.
  13. AlienEye
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 10 Pro 5G Jan 17, 2022

14. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Jan 17, 2022

Tobikage , Jan 17, 2022 :
    Oh...a Hulk comeback unlikely imo

AlienEye, rHITkM. and Dresa91 like this.
  15. AlienEye

AlienEye , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 17, 2022 :
    I feel anything is possible,
    Ocon won't be released by Alpine at ease, Nyc de Vries and Esteabean guttirez are rookies. So I am still keeping my hopes up for Hulk podium

rHITkM., Dresa91 and Tobikage like this.
  16. AlienEye

AlienEye , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 17, 2022 :
    News
    - Alpha Tauri is going to use the gearbox and rear suspension same as RedBull's from 2022.

Rumour
    - Martin Budkowski might be the next in line to replace Michael Masi as race director for 2022

Car Reveal
    - Ferrari : 17th February (why am I excited if it is still going to be red?)

rHITkM., Tobikage and Dresa91 like this.
  17. AlienEye

rHITkM., Tobikage and Dresa91 like this.
  18. Cheetosdust
    Moderator, Content Coordinator Moderator Writers' Club Jan 18, 2022

rHITkM., AlienEye and Dresa91 like this.
  19. AlienEye
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 10 Pro 5G Jan 18, 2022

AlienEye , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 18, 2022 :
    More rumours
    - The man who commented " They need a new driver and an engine" on RedBull is set to join RedBull power train development department. (Cyril Abiteoul - Ex Renault team principal)

This off season is going crazy 🙃

rHITkM., Dresa91 and Cheetosdust like this.
  20. Cheetosdust
    Moderator, Content Coordinator Moderator Writers' Club Jan 18, 2022

Cheetosdust , Jan 18, 2022 :
    If true, Cyril and Verstappen is going to be epic. Another reason to watch Drive to Survive. :p

rHITkM., Dresa91 and AlienEye like this.