[closed]The Showcase-join the 'OnePlus Explorer Backpack' reviewer squad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sapshot
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 25, 2018

Stickied Post
    sapshot , Oct 25, 2018 :
    So I've been using this bag (Lowepro 22L AW) for more than 5 years now. Ever since, it has been my absolute companion in any outings or trips that I've gone to.

The reason why I choose this bag was it's functionality and it's look and feel.
    It is basically a camera backpack with a customizable camera compartment on the lower back side of the bag. It can fit 1 camera body and 3 medium size lenses.

The entire square camera compartment has a pouch design and is stuck to the bag using really strong Velcros and can be detached entirely to make the backpack a normal one.

Above the camera compartment is a half sized normal compartment which can easily squeeze 1-2 pair of clothes. It also has a small chained pocket to accommodate cash, keys and valuables.

The front of the bag has a zipper and has two divisions, one of which is nicely cushioned and it perfectly fits my 13" Mac book Air.

The strap of the bag has a Sunglass holder, a pen holder and a chest harness to tuck the bag nicely to my body.

Like every other camera bag, it also has an attached Rain cover in its bottom part and it has really proved to be useful at times.

It has side pockets on both the sides which can hold water bottles and are deep enough to fit small tripods.

Most importantly, the colour of the bag is really attractive and makes for a good contrast in almost every situation and can be used as a good subject for photographs.

I've travelled almost 5 different countries and more than 30 different cities in India with this bag over my shoulder.

It proved to be the most t obedient companion to me throughout these 5 years. 1.jpg 2.jpg

2. Elliro

Elliro , Oct 25, 2018 :
    damn I gotta upgrade my image game if I want any chance of winning this thing

3. Vamsi Varun
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2018

4. Speedlover777
    Honeycomb Oct 25, 2018

Speedlover777 , Oct 25, 2018 :
    Sorry, just spent some time to read and try to understand conditions, but it's still not clear for me :) the text above is written in somewhat country-specific style, imo))

Maybe someone explains everything in a couple of rows?
    Thx.

5. Elliro

Elliro , Oct 25, 2018 :
    Write a review of your favourite bag, including the points they mentioned. include pictures. Post before October 30. Include pictures. Good luck.

Speedlover777 likes this.
  6. BobbyV8_

BobbyV8_ , Oct 25, 2018 :
    Make a post in this thread (just like you asked 'How do you enter') covering these

1. why it attracted you (appearance, functionality etc.)

2. how long it has been in your company

3. what memory it has left you

Include pictures

Speedlover777 likes this.
  7. farshin
    Donut Oct 25, 2018

8. X1540476639805
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2018

9. bbkbhattarai
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2018

10. Overzee

Stickied Post
    Overzee , Oct 25, 2018 :
    For more than two years I’ve used the Naturehike 40-liter outdoor backpack. The reason I chose this backpack was rather simple; I needed a small and light backpack, but big enough to provide space for a ‘one-day trip’.

Appeareance, quality and functionality

I find this orange-grey backpack a real eye-catcher, the mix of these colours are blended perfectly together.

The build-quality is really great! After a lot of trips, the backpack doesn’t show any kind of wearing. Since I live in Europe and the chance of rain is rather big, the waterproof fabric of the backpack comes in handy. If the rain gets really serious, you can pull the rain cover out of the bottom of the backpack and all your items are kept nice and dry! The shoulder straps and the waist pads are made of a nice, thick material that provide a great feel while hiking for long hours.

The greatest feature of the backpack is the ‘Aircomfort’ system at the back. This system ensures a little distance between the backpack and the one wearing it, a constant flow of fresh air insures wearing comfort. There are a lot of (waterproof) zippers and little spots where you can store all kinds of things. You can store your mobile phone in a nice pouch, located at the top of the biggest compartment. This pouch is also accessible from a small zipper located at the top of the backpack. Near the pouch the is a (optional) headphone-jack hole, if you choose to use this a small incision should be enough to get it working. I personally haven’t used it, because I think this will lower the waterproofness. On the bottom left and right side of the backpack the is space to place two water bottles, I personally use two 1-liter bottles on each side to create a good weight balance.
    IMG_9931.jpg IMG_9932 kopie.jpg IMG_9933.jpg
    IMG_9868.jpeg IMG_9874.jpeg IMG_9878.jpeg IMG_9885.jpeg IMG_9898.jpg

My greatest memory with this backpack

Last summer we had a great road-trip with our campervan, we spend three weeks in Norway traveling through the southern part of the country. In these weeks we had a couple of great hikes, I want highlight two of those: Jettegrytene in Nissedal and Gaustatoppen near Rjukan.

Jettegrytene in Nissedal is formed by stones and marbles since the ice age. The nature formed aquapark is accesable since the water runs through the hydroelectric powerplant. It was just my luck the powerplant was in maintenance so that the water was running its ‘natural’ way. The water level was much higher than normal and the water was raging down! Because of this I had to travel by foot and used my backpack to store all the stuff needed at this great nature park.

IMG_0003.jpeg

Gaustatoppen near Rjukan
    was the biggest climb of this summer holiday, great to climb a beautiful mountain with beautiful weather. We had to pack our backpack very wise, at the start of the climb the ambient temperature was 13°C, the forecast predicted 2°C at the summit of the mountain and a wind chill temperature of -3°C. Bear in mind this was in mid-summer! The backpack provided al the space for the clothes we needed, and we needed a lot of layers of clothing because of the constantly shifting temperatures. At the summit of mountain you’re able to see 1/6th of this beautiful country, and we had a really great view, one you won’t easily forget!

IMG_0006.jpeg IMG_0010.jpeg IMG_0008.jpeg IMG_0001.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018

Venky61, dsmonteiro, Baymax and 2 others like this.
  11. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Oct 25, 2018

luigimario , Oct 25, 2018 :
    Hi everyone, I am glad for a chance to talk about my experience with a backpack that I love. I bought it last year, I am thoroughly satisfied with it and will continue to use it for years to come (no, it's not the OnePlus travel backpack even though it is great).

The backpack I want to talk about is the Dakine Heli Pro 20L Backpack. Here is the link to the official site: Dakine Website. (I have used some stock photos for illustration purposes, but you will clearly know which photos I took myself).
    Screenshot_20181025-144330.jpg
    [​IMG]

This bag was designed for people that do Heli Skiing/Snowboarding but it is useful in pretty much any situation.

Why it attracted me: I was looking for a more convenient bag to carry my skis from the car to the hill because the bag I had was a regular long ski bag that you have to put away somewhere after you take the skis out. This backpack was a perfect solution because I was using a backpack anyway to carry water, snacks, etc. on the hill in addition to the long ski bag. This was a perfect solution because it can carry skis (in 2 different ways) or a snowboard while wearing the backpack, and it has storage space for lots of things you might need like food and water, medical supplies, or rescue gear.
    Screenshot_20181025-144631.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It has a pocket in the front with organizing pockets to put things in like pens, hand sanitizer, a small notebook, or other small items:
    Screenshot_20181025-144341.jpg
    It has a fleece-lined goggles pocket above that for ski goggles, or sunglasses, or snacks (as I tend to do):
    Screenshot_20181025-144345.jpg
    And it has a large main compartment with a padded pocket that you could fit a laptop or tablet in, or use it for it's designed purpose, a hydration bladder. I absolutely love this feature because you can fill a plastic bladder with water (or whatever beverage you want) and feed a long hose out of a special hole at the top of the bag, and down the left strap of the bag where the bite-valve (so it doesn't leak) is easily accessible to drink without having to take off the bag and take out a bottle. It's perfect for hiking on a hot day when you want to drink lots.
    Screenshot_20181025-144428.jpg Screenshot_20181025-144420.jpg
    It has various straps for attaching your skis/snowboard, and adjusting the fit of the bag to make it more comfortable. It also has a emergency whistle built into the chest strap in case you get lost or hurt on the mountain, or for any emergency situation.
    Screenshot_20181025-144352.jpg
    In the end, what really attracted me to this bag is the quality/durability, the functionality, and the value. This bag does what I need it to do, and because it is so well-made, I know that it will last for many years. It doesn't hurt that it's a stylish looking bag, and that I got it for 50% off :D

How long it has been in my company: I have had this bag for just over a year since I bought it last year in anticipation of ski season. I have used it on a couple different mountains and even on vacation where I did a lot of walking everyday. You could certainly use other bags for different situations, but this is my favourite bag for long days outside because it is comfortable and the hydration bladder feature is really convenient because I don't have to take off the bag as often. I plan to use this bag until it is worn out and unusable.

What memory it has left me: In just one short year I already have many good (and not so good) memories with this bag. I have great memories of ski trips with friends, and not so great memories of a huge wipe out on the mountain that messed up my shoulder. On the bright side, I was wearing this bag with a metal water bottle in it when I wiped out and I didn't get hurt from that, so I consider myself lucky. I have memories of using this bag on my vacation to Japan, my friends teasing me about the safety whistle, being able to hike around all day sightseeing and never have to take off the bag to grab a drink, carrying many varieties of snacks to eat and share and make new friends with, and being comfortable all day because the pack is well designed.

Conclusion: The Dakine Heli Pro is currently my favourite backpack because it is so versatile. This pack carries not only my gear, but also all the good memories I have made while using it.

12. Juan_Sombrero
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2018

Juan_Sombrero , Oct 26, 2018 :
    My favoriete backpack is my Nitro Stash.
    I use this backpack everyday for school and I'm a big fan of it. I'm going to tell you a bit of the history of the backpack.

When I was 8 I went to Germany with my family.
    While I was there we saw a big store. There were lots of Backpacks but I chose this one because I liked the green colour. It had a lot of pockets and functionalities. When I put the backpack on my back it felt very comfortable because the paddings on the back. I felt as if I could concour the world. I used ever sincerly for school and I

13. 2020amolg
    Honeycomb Oct 26, 2018

14. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 27, 2018

BobbyV8_ , Oct 27, 2018 :
    A gentle reminder, you need to post about your favourite backpack. These won't be counted as valid entries.
    It's ok to include you slothy, I know you're aware

15. GaryCoates
    Froyo Oct 27, 2018

GaryCoates , Oct 27, 2018 :
    My favourite backpack doesn't actually belong to me... Utd my daughters and its a little penguin. She was really poorly when she was born, and when we seen this in the shop when she was young, she lit up! We've obviously kept it ever since, and it's always had pride of place in her bedroom.

puma95 and Elliro like this.
  16. Charlied575
    Eclair Oct 27, 2018

17. GopalB.
    Nougat Oct 28, 2018

GopalB. , Oct 28, 2018 :
    That's too much work for someone from my club... :rolleyes:

dalmia09, BobbyV8_ and 2020amolg like this.
  18. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 28, 2018

BobbyV8_ , Oct 28, 2018 :
    Slow and steady wins the race. Never heard of it? Let's make it slothy and drowsy wins the race.

GopalB. likes this.
  19. Harichand_Raghavan
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 28, 2018

Stickied Post
    Harichand_Raghavan , Oct 28, 2018 :
    HOW IT BEGAN AND HOW IT WOULD CONTINUE:MY REVIEW OF LUNA GREY
    When the travel bug bites you, there is no looking back. Instead “BACKPACK”. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines,pack your bag and get set to catch the trade winds .Explore Dream and Discover
    Adventures and Travel has been a part of my life right since childhood. People who know me close jolly well know my love for travel. For my part, I travel not to go to a particular place but to Just go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move .As much as I love travel, my relationship with my favourite travel backpack is something really very special.
    IMG_8139-01.jpeg
    Without any further Ado here is my review on the First Version of the the Oneplus backpack i received when @Pete had come down to India ,Oct 2015.A big thanks to former community manager @ameya_kh .Well yeah am good at Numbers and Dates:p.
    25019046639_af845fb9c5_o.jpg
    DESIGN & REVIEW:
    The OnePlus Travel Backpack(2015 edition) has clean and minimalistic design. There is one zippered main compartment and another one in the front just below for the front pocket. Its made of a good quality sturdy fiber that is almost water repellent as Oneplus phones :p. It comes in dual tones Luna Grey color at the back, there are some good padding that keeps the air flowing while using it which is really nice. The shoulder strap has a nice thick padding that is so comfortable on the shoulder. Downloads1.jpg

This backpack comes with a lot of packets literally, it has pockets for almost everything you need. It has one for a laptop that can fit 13 to 15-inch laptop. Inside you can also keep your smartphones and power bank organized, there’s also a zippered compartment perfect for documents, passport and wallets for easy retrieval. Going to the front pocket of the backpack it has a small compartment, perfect for ID, coins, USB cables, pen and other small stuff. And its easier to get your loose change using this front pocket.

If i was to give a statement,” IT IS LITERALLY A ONE PACK FOR ALL YOUR NEEDS ”. IMG_4720.JPG

I usually travel light .My only standards are a few sets of cloth, my red sneaker and my laptop. Backpacking is an art and i truely believe I ‘am someone who has excelled in it, I feel there is some kind of a bond i share with my backpack. BRkcy00FBDC.jpg

My next travel with my Oneplus backpack is down to Delhi. Yes you heard me right, for the launch. Delhi and the place i hail from, Kerala is around 2100km .i have three days travel to reach Delhi and another 3 days to reach back.it might sound crazy to most, but that’s how it is. I’ve been to almost all the launches and popups since 2k15. This one on the 30th would be something really special and emotional. I am leaving the country in search of a job next month.so this would be the final event at least for a year and a half before i touch down. It’s been 3 years with this one hope she stays for many more.

So here am I introducing my “ONNY” to you my peeps.

ONNY MEET THE WORLD

PEEPS MEET ONNY
    IMG_7996.JPG

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018

20. john3293
    Jelly Bean Oct 28, 2018

john3293 , Oct 28, 2018 :
    Awesome review! Thank you!! Looking forward to buy one