[closed]The Showcase-join the 'OnePlus Explorer Backpack' reviewer squad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PattyChiara
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2018

PattyChiara , Oct 28, 2018 :
    I'd like to be in. The bag, the flight, the phone . I'm old but my sons let me knew Oneplus and everyone of us have one. Me too. The new bag is wonderfully original and the 6T... Wow, a dream.

2. v4vamsi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 28, 2018

v4vamsi , Oct 28, 2018 :
    Great note Bro!

3. abdulla na
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2018

4. loco-cork
    Gingerbread Oct 28, 2018

loco-cork , Oct 28, 2018 :
    Ok. Here we go!

I didn't buy my daily 'go everywhere' backpack. I've won it. Won it from Oneplus after participating in 'OnePlus 5T - 7 Day Review Challenge!'.
    I participated in that competition with high hopes on getting one, as my old Caterpillar Backpack was about to fall apart.

DSC05626small.jpg

It was worth it. After loads of reviewing and writing my post was noticed and some time after I was presented with Oneplus Travel Space Black Backpack and hoodie.

IMG_20171229_193724_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20171229_194013.jpg

It attracted me because of it looks. It is matte black!!! with red accents. What else can you ask for.
    I am with MKBHD on this one ... Matte Black Everything!
    See that Honda in the picture ... used to be silver ... now it is ...

IMG_20180422_143435-01a.jpg

Yes ... Matte Black with red accents.

So, I have this backpack for nearly a year and it goes with me almost everywhere. Had a hard time finding any pictures of it as it usually is on my back or hanging of my son's stroller. Like here.

IMG_20180618_092152.jpg

I really like the way it is designed. Simple but practical. Small on the outside but with enough space for daily use or short term travel.
    It has a laptop zipped pocket on the back that should fit laptops up to 15". I usually carry my daughter's tablet in it. Inside the big compartment it has:
    - flat pocket just above A4 paper size, perfect for documents, catalogs or magazines,
    - zipped pocket that would fit your toiletries, small camera, second phone ... which I use for my Xiaomi Bluetooth selfie stick / tripod.
    - two small pockets that I use for extra tissues, lens / glasses cloth.

IMG_20181028_224751-01.jpeg

IMG_20181028_225021-01.jpeg

On the front bottom the rubbery material hides smaller zipped compartment which has another small pockets in it. This part is quite flat but spacious enough for 20000 mAh power bank, pens, business cards, memory cards etc.

IMG_20181028_225234-01.jpeg

IMG_20181028_225358-01.jpeg

The best is the hidden zipped pocket on the front ... yup ... it is hidden so you can't see it in the pictures ... perfect for some small valuables like your wallet or smartphone.

This bag is perfect for daily use and as a short time travel hand luggage.

Daily I carry in it: my power bank, wallet, lens / glasses microfiber cloth, selfie stick / tripod, nappies, wet baby tissues, bottle of water, blanket for my son, some snacks.

IMG_20181028_224304-01.jpeg

While traveling on a plane, all above, except the blanket, sony rx100 camera, over ears headphones, plus 3 t-shirts, jumper and pair of jeans neatly packed in 2 sided zipped clothes organizer that Oneplus provided with this bag but never showed on their website.
    My son's stuff goes into his bag and we are ready to go with only carry-on luggage.

IMG_20181028_230115-01.jpeg

Oneplus incorporated trolley handle pass in their design, which is a blessing if you travel with a check-in suitcase on wheels. You an simply put this backpack over the suitcase's handle and pull all together without worry that it will fall.

Few pictures to prove that it really travels with us everywhere we go.

IMG_20180514_163716.jpg
    Tenerife - Las Moraditas- with my daughter just before her of the mountain paragliding.
    IMG_20180512_181407_Bokeh.jpg
    Tenerife - resting by the pool.

IMG_20180902_130307small.jpg
    Gdansk, Poland - my son and parents.

IMG_20180609_171031.jpg
    Fota Island, Ireland - Fota Park.

IMG_20180517_101746.jpg
    Some elevator - me in Agent Smith mode ;)

To summarize, great 'take everywhere' backpack that is also a very cool conversation starter. People see the Oneplus logo and they start chatting to you about the bag, than the phone. They ask you questions that would't be considered normal during a first time conversation it you hadn't this backpack. Like 'are you a geek?', 'do you code?', 'do you work in IT?'
    So it is not only a backpack. It is also a fashion / personality / interests statement, which is quite cool.

DSC05547small.jpg

Let me showcase and review the new one and I will give you unbiased, no-poop and truly honest piece about it with loads of photos.
    IMG_20180514_163208small.jpg

My insta, so you can see my photo capabilities: http://www.instagram.com/louco.cerebro/

Time to relax! Peace!

IMG_20180512_181351_Bokeh.jpg

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018

script likes this.
  5. angielo
    Honeycomb Oct 28, 2018

loco-cork likes this.
  6. Alex_Hernandez
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2018

7. shekhar0871
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2018

shekhar0871 , Oct 29, 2018 :
    Okay, So I like my backpacks to be functional the more pockets to keep stuff the better and looks generally comes second, unless the backpack is ugly af, So you can easily find laptops that have a lot of pockets but those generally go with a hard shell of a red&balack gamer theme or both, I want my backpack to look normal, and there is a very thin line between that, with backpacks that are functional and don't look ugly af, And that is where lies the HP Odessey laptop backpack which I have been using for almost 3 years now, I think HP did a really great job combining both the Functionality factor and the design, I'll talk about both but let's start with the functionality

FUNCTIONALITY
    This backpack as 10 usable pockets and I say usable because they are not too small to keep the big stuff or to big that my small stuff like usbs and cables flop around the bag, there's is dedicated slots for keeping you pens, and a tablet and another a bit shallow slot for something idk but I keep the novels that I read there, and there's a net pocket opposite to that, where I keep my hard drive in a case, on one side there is a pocket to keep your iPod? I guess, but I use it to keep my power back and there is a small opening from that slot to the other pocket that allows the cable to get our without me having to take the power bank out of the back, I do wish there was some kind of elastic on the side to keep it fixed in the place because there's still a lot of space left in the pocket.
    [​IMG]
    these were the pockets on the inside, as you might have noticed there is no laptop slot on the inside and how does a "functional" guy handle that, well there is a dedicated laptop pocket on the outside so and it stay in contact with my back so there's ) chance of someone stealing my laptop without me noticing it.

It has a sort of secret pocket, I call it a secret because I have sneaked in it some chocolates to the movies theatre and nobody ever notices it,
    [​IMG]
    also a water bottle holder.

LOOKS
    Now let's talk about the outside and the looks, on the out side it has more pockets and the middle of the backpack is made of a faux leather which gives it a sort of water protecting there is no certified water protection with this but it can survive a little rain, and there is also a grab handle on the middle of the backpack which gives it sort of a unique look, I am not a fan of it, I never use it I always pick it up from the top, and if it wasn't there this backpack would have had a better cleaner look, but I can let it slide away, as I said, there is a thin line where functionality meets looks, anyway let's carry on.

there is a quick pocket on the top iI kkeep stuff there which i don't mind if it gets stolen so like reciepts or some cables,
    Now this comes in a lot of colors i got the black one becasue it attracts less attention than any other colour.
    there are also straps and strings hanging from the backpack which don't really have a specific purpose and If I had designed this I would have gotten rid of those as well.
    But I guess you could hang out sunglasses to them like HP advertises if you don't mind getting them stolen, and sunglasses are also expensive af so I keep them inside of the backpack

what could be improved with this?

1. there are a lot of slots and compartments, but there is not dedicated slots for anything you can put anything anywhere, so if there were specific labels on it like where the mouse goes, or laptop or the tablet of the hard drive I would have prefered that.
    2. fewer straps
    3 better colour combinations
    4 Thicker shoulder straps

And this is where it ends, hopefully, you like my review of my backpack I have already made a video about it o my youtube channel. https://drive.google.com/file/d/157_PE-i7Ggf6zzA5c8r1omJhV66ZNLAA/view?usp=sharing so check that out and hopefully, I get to see what the new backpack is like thank You

Attached Files:

8. akakiran
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2018

akakiran , Oct 29, 2018 :
    My go to backpack right now is my Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop Bag, I really liked its small logo, consistent color, and overall look. It's professional enough to use at my workplace, and not as big and clunky as the brenthaven backpack my company gave to me. While it might be a little plain, I like that it balanced utility and design.

[​IMG]

I've used it daily for 2 years. Its held together nicely however the paint on the zippers has started to wear which is weird and is a little annoying.

[​IMG]

Since I've used it mainly for work, the majority of memories I have with is the almost weekly occurrence of losing something in it. It has so much extra unnecessary space. With 5 different pockets and extra storage compartments in them, I constantly lose something in it and have to open and search every single pocket for what I need! I really want a bag I can use for both work and weekend use.

9. crkarlsson
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2018

10. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 29, 2018

Stickied Post
    camohan , Oct 29, 2018 :
    While everyone is busy watching the Launch, I thought will make a quick review of what I like about my favorite backpack.

Here you go

Common Man's review of a Backpack

Introduction
    I was never a person who was keen on having a specific backpack for my daily use or for travel, until one day when I came to know about a new merchandise introduced by OnePlus. It took no time to be in love with this new merchandise which was called as “OnePlus Luna Grey Backpack”.

Final 2.jpg

The love at first sight was mainly due to the minimalistic look of the backpack which is enhanced by a great combination of dark grey and light grey with crafty use of red color which also happens to be the company’s corporate color.

Quest to meet the backpack
    The journey to get the Backpack started and one fine day OnePlus hosted a Sticker contest in which the first 20 winners were to get this Limited edition OnePlus Backpack. I was selected as one of the Top 20 winners and somewhere in April 2016, I got this cool companion from Nicole Q. It has been almost three and half years since then, the backpack has been with me in thick and thin.
    Here is the link to the sticker I had made : https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-sticker-2-0-round-2-selection.436981/#post-14630780 if you guys want to see.

Feature exploration
    I use local transport to commute from Home to Work and back. One of the most important factor in such cases is to have a bag which should not be big enough (considering that public transport can be crowded and may cause inconvenience to self and fellow passengers) but at the same time spacious to have my things fit in a really organized manner. This backpack serves just right for my daily use as it has thoughtfully made pockets and compartments.

The bag has laptop pocket which fits my 14 inch laptop easily and its safety is taken care with a strap which can avoid possible damage due to fall. The compartment has some cushions to ensure laptop is not damaged from side bumps. The strap is extended to another pocket with a size smaller than the laptop compartment, I use that to stuff in my papers which I might require anytime. It can also be used to keep some flat stuff like books.

Than comes the main compartment which is quiet spacious enough to keep books, notepads, small umbrella, chargers, adapters, snack box, clothes as well.

I am currently using it to keep my wallet, box of hard disk which has wireless bullets in it, laptop adaptor and dash charge cable and adapter. During rains it has been a good savior to store in some dry clothes. One of the cute little thing inside the main compartment is the little strap on the left to keep water bottles or cold drinks and stuff. I really like this as it keeps the outer appearance of the bag clean.

Parallel to the laptop compartment on the opposite side you will find 2 small pockets which can be used to keep small numerous things depending on the need.

At the front bottom of the bag, there is a compartment which I use for keeping my work i-card, metro pass, house keys and stuffs. It is actually a dumping ground for me to quickly put in things.

Whats in the bag.jpg

Build quality and material
    I have also used the latest Spaces Black backpack and one of the main things that made the Luna grey a clear winner for me is the how light weight the bag is. Plus straps around shoulders are not hard and gets easily squeezed as per the requirement. This to me gives to me a lot of comfort during my commute.

Train and Bag.jpg

To give a numeric comparison the Luna grey is approximately 700 gms as compared to space black which is approximately 1100 gms.

The backpack is made of polyester which can protect the inside against the light drizzles but the internals may get wet with heavy downpour. This is quiet covered in space black.

Summing it up
    In my honest opinion, this is one of the bags which ticks the criteria of beauty (Aesthetics) with brains (spaciousness). If someone does not mind the lack of waterproof capabilities or for that matter water resistance capabilities, this is the Backpack to go for.

Special tips for regular travelers – It has the gap at the back so that you can fit in the suitcase handle and you can carry both the suitcase and bag without much trouble.

11. ravi4ever
    KitKat Community Expert Oct 29, 2018

ravi4ever , Oct 29, 2018 :
    Awesome review man, looking forward to meet you at Delhi.. amazing OnePlus super fan you are..

12. Harichand_Raghavan
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 29, 2018

Harichand_Raghavan , Oct 29, 2018 :
    O have come hi e kkemk m
    The wait finally gets over tomorrow.3.5 years in club India and u we're one person I always did love to meet

ravi4ever, OALEXANDER and BeingIncog like this.
  13. ravi4ever
    KitKat Community Expert Oct 29, 2018

ravi4ever , Oct 29, 2018 :
    Wonderful journey so far and some cool tips.. thanks for those wonderful stickers, I still have them in my collection..

OALEXANDER, camohan and BeingIncog like this.
  14. Clamarmic
    Eclair Oct 30, 2018

Clamarmic , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Hi everyone,

My name is William-Alexandre. I am a student from Montreal, Canada. My favorite backpack has been the Oneplus Travel Backpack since the first day I got it a couple of months ago. I love the minimal design with the attention to detail that went into the making of this bag. From the red accents to the padded back and shoulder straps this bag keeps me in comfort anytime, I wear it. The awesome CORDURA® fabric makes sure my laptop and papers never get soaked in water again like I have experienced in the past with previous bags. In fact, it is so durable that I haven’t noticed any wear or tear. Another aspect that I love about this bag is the versatility. It has a lot of space and has multiple compartments for my laptop, my books, my camera gear, my cables and anything I need to bring with me to get through the day. As a student that travels a lot, I love to be able to trust a product that I know will not only fit everything I need in my day but also keep it organized and safe. When I look at this backpack, I remember all of the beautiful moments that I lived with it, from my beautiful trip to New York City in April to my photo shoots with friends in Downtown Montreal. This bag has seen it all…

I hope to have a chance to try the new Oneplus Explorer backpack and tell you more about what I think of the product.

Thx for reading,
    William-Alexandre.

P.S. All pictures were taken with my Oneplus 5t.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HeTalks likes this.
  15. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 30, 2018

BobbyV8_ , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Liar liar pants on fire. You say you couldn't write!

002_8.jpg

Sun90 and dalmia09 like this.
  16. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 30, 2018

dalmia09 and Sun90 like this.
  17. BobbyV8_

That's expert level though! If it's not, then I can't think of anything that would qualify as writing.

BTW you've treated it quite bad! Those stains, looks beaten

dalmia09 likes this.
  18. camohan

camohan , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Thanks. 3 and half years.. Used it very hard still stands by..

Sun90 and BobbyV8_ like this.
  19. BobbyV8_

Cool. I pick black just to avoid this. Used a black 'skybags' for over 5 years and it still looks new. Not much abuse.

20. camohan

camohan , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Nice. I took the bag to a house which was getting renovated. I think it picked up stain from there. Tried washing it but it's stubborn.

Sun90 and BobbyV8_ like this.