[closed]The Showcase-join the 'OnePlus Explorer Backpack' reviewer squad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sriharsha Koduru
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2018

Sriharsha Koduru , Oct 30, 2018 :
    @Trista.W Here is my entry for The Showcase.
    Hello friends! I am Sriharsha Koduru.
    My favourite backpack is High Sierra access backpack. It has been my buddy for the past 4 years. I will describe my bag under various departments:

Design:
    1540863458838.jpg

I would say that my bag performs great here with its simple design. I got this bag as a gift and loved it at the first sight itself. This simple black colour with mesh design at few places gives me a sense of simplicity.

Protection:
    My bag gives protection against mechanical damage and also against rain. This is another key area which attracted me. This backpack is having a dedicated cushion zone. This ensured that my ipad stayed protected during my 11th and 12th grade and now my Chromebook is also safe in there. Speaking about rain, the fabric of my bag is capable of guarding my stuff against drizzle. There is a rain cover in the compartment underneath the bag and it can be put on in when it's raining heavily.

1540899012029.jpg

The access zip:

1540863530875.jpg

1540900873630.jpg

This is the feature I loved the most. My backpack has a side zip which I call the access zip. If I had to give an analogy for this I would say that this is as handy as Alert Slider on OnePlus 6. This allows you to put your stuff in while it's still on your back. So basically when I am walking or standing with my backpack on, I can put my stuff in.

The organising pocket:

1540897323418.jpg

This pocket ensures that your little sized stuff is well organised and you don't end up scavenging for them when you need them.

Comfort:
    The back of my backpack got padded air mesh. This reduces the strain on my back and it has suspension system on straps. They claim that this eases weight on shoulders while walking running etc.

Fabric.
    This is made of duralite material that offers resistance against mechanical stresses and also protection against drops of water. But the problem here is that the fabric itself is a bit heavy and so it adds on to the weight of the bag. It would have been great if the material used is as durable as this and also a light weight material.

Carrying capacity:
    You can pack in most of your daily stuff you need when you go out on a picnic or school or office or travel. The size goes like this: 20"×9"×15"

Overall this is a great backpack which stayed withe me for 4 years because of its utility design and comfort.
    Thank you guys for sparing your time!

PS. I am not 18 yet but I will be 18 in couple of months
    I am not a member of this community for a year. I joined this in may after I got my OnePlus 6. I loved the warmth and support of this community and will be with this community for years to come.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018

script likes this.
  2. script
    Nougat Moderator Oct 30, 2018

script , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Great post

loco-cork likes this.
  3. loco-cork
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2018

script likes this.
  4. palc
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2018

palc , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Hi Everyone. I'm Pallav Chanda and here's my entry.

Backpacks.. We all have one because we all need one, and trust me, most of us would agree - we have more than just one. So, it's obvious that - amongst the whole lot we bought throughout our journey of life (as of yet, that is), one of them would be very special for us that we lot dearly close to our hearts and don't dump it off even if it's torn, gotten old or the color's got washed. We attach memories to it that make it special. Be it just the longest lasting one, or the one that you fell in love with at the first sight.. Or maybe the one that your high school crush made a small doodle right at the corner.. Or the one that you bought with your first salary. Whatever be the reason behind it being special, it just is, and will always remain so. I am here to tell such an exciting story about my favorite, special backpack.

So, it was summer holidays and I had been to visit my grand parents. I had just passed 4th grade. Roaming through the streets in the small town named Baruipur in India, holding my grandfather's hand, I saw this bag hung at a store. Black colored bag, sewn with red threads all around, it caught my eye. On enquiring, I found that it was the latest backpack by the company named Stallion (it has a running horse as the logo). I didn't know much about the company but the quality was top-class. Thick fabric, water-resistant, double to triple stitches at places where there would be strain.. It was big - met my school needs (that was a different story that I'd to carry 1.5-2 kilos to school, on my back everyday). The backpack was very minimalistic. Very subtle but appealing.. And, oh my God, the red threads and Red color at various other places - the edges, the bottom, etc - made it look really great. I was in love and wanted to buy it at that very instant! It had 3 big pockets and 2 hidden pockets. The zip quality was great and was painted black. The bag was sturdy enough to hold upto 5 kgs and padded enough to not give your shoulders and back an ache while carrying those 5 kilos over..

But.. The price.. Now, you need to understand the timeline I'm talking about - 2007. That time money had quite a different value. And my parents or even grandparents didn't have much money to spend. So, the Retail price was 1500INR then but he'd give us at a discounted price of 1200INR. We couldn't afford it, damn straight. 1200INR for a backpack, no.. But then, I promised I'd use it for 3-4 years and then there was some crying and tossing. The shopkeeper said, "This is the only piece that's left of it, so you take it for 900INR, final price. But I'm selling this at the cost price, no profit for me here, so if you feel the quality is really great, please return to my shop some other day again for a backpack.."

So, finally got it and my happiness new no bounds that day. That backpack lasted me 5 years and it's still in a very good condition. Nothing is torn, no color faded. So, basically, it has lasted me through some best and worst times of my life - my first girlfriend and first break-up, some wins at national level exhibitions, and others.. XD It never betrayed me, stayed strong through 1 to 4 kilos of stuff inside. And still looked comparatively slim and stylish even at full capacity. All my friends appreciated the backpack and one of them tried to get the same for himself (but, that backpack sold really well for Stallion and was out of stock for months before my friend could get it).

One special memory that I relate to that backpack is, ofcourse, my grandparents.. They are no more in this world and looking at that backpack reminds me of the good times I spent with them in childhood. It brings tears to my eyes thinking of them. So, I am still not able to let go off that Stallion backpack and I never will. Good times, love from grandparents.. all such memories related to that backpack.. that I hold it very dearly close to my heart. I hope wherever they are, they are happy, coz I am, and they've contributed a large part in making my childhood special which traces way way beyond just getting this backpack for me...

Nonetheless, that's the story of my favorite backpack.. I hope I've done justice - not just to the backpack's quality and features but to the story itself.. Thanks for reading this all the way through. Sorry for not being able to attach any pictures, I'm currently living in Hostel for studies and the backpack is at home. :(

5. palc
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2018

palc , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Hi Everyone. I'm Pallav Chanda and here's my entry.

Backpacks.. We all have one because we all need one, and trust me, most of us would agree - we have more than just one. So, it's obvious that - amongst the whole lot we bought throughout our journey of life (as of yet, that is), one of them would be very special for us that we lot dearly close to our hearts and don't dump it off even if it's torn, gotten old or the color's got washed. We attach memories to it that make it special. Be it just the longest lasting one, or the one that you fell in love with at the first sight.. Or maybe the one that your high school crush made a small doodle right at the corner.. Or the one that you bought with your first salary. Whatever be the reason behind it being special, it just is, and will always remain so. I am here to tell such an exciting story about my favorite, special backpack.

So, it was summer holidays and I had been to visit my grand parents. I had just passed 4th grade. Roaming through the streets in the small town named Baruipur in India, holding my grandfather's hand, I saw this bag hung at a store. Black colored bag, sewn with red threads all around, it caught my eye. On enquiring, I found that it was the latest backpack by the company named Stallion (it has a running horse as the logo). I didn't know much about the company but the quality was top-class. Thick fabric, water-resistant, double to triple stitches at places where there would be strain.. It was big - met my school needs (that was a different story that I'd to carry 1.5-2 kilos to school, on my back everyday). The backpack was very minimalistic. Very subtle but appealing.. And, oh my God, the red threads and Red color at various other places - the edges, the bottom, etc - made it look really great. I was in love and wanted to buy it at that very instant! It had 3 big pockets and 2 hidden pockets. The zip quality was great and was painted black. The bag was sturdy enough to hold upto 5 kgs and padded enough to not give your shoulders and back an ache while carrying those 5 kilos over..
    But.. The price.. Now, you need to understand the timeline I'm talking about - 2007. That time money had quite a different value. And my parents or even grandparents didn't have much money to spend. So, the Retail price was 1500INR then but he'd give us at a discounted price of 1200INR. We couldn't afford it, damn straight. 1200INR for a backpack, no.. But then, I promised I'd use it for 3-4 years and then there was some crying and tossing. The shopkeeper said, "This is the only piece that's left of it, so you take it for 900INR, final price. But I'm selling this at the cost price, no profit for me here, so if you feel the quality is really great, please return to my shop some other day again for a backpack.."

So, finally got it and my happiness new no bounds that day. That backpack lasted me 4.5 years and it's still in a very good condition. Nothing is torn, no color faded. So, basically, the backpack has lasted me through some best and worst times of my life - my first girlfriend and first break-up, some wins at national level exhibitions, and others.. XD It never betrayed me, stayed strong through 1 to 4 kilos of stuff inside. And still looked comparatively slim and stylish even at full capacity. All my friends appreciated the backpack and one of them tried to get the same for himself (but, that backpack sold really well for Stallion and was out of stock for months before my friend could get it).

One special memory that I relate to that backpack is, ofcourse, my grandparents.. They are no more in this world and looking at that backpack reminds me of the good times I spent with them in childhood. It brings tears to my eyes thinking of them. So, I am still not able to let go off that Stallion backpack and I never will. Good times, love from grandparents.. all such memories related to that backpack.. that I hold it very dearly close to my heart. I hope wherever they are, they are happy, coz I am, and they've contributed a large part in making my childhood special which traces way way beyond just getting this backpack for me...

Nonetheless, that's my story of my favorite backpack.. I hope I've done justice not just to the backpack's quality but to the story itself.. Thanks for reading this all the way through. Sorry for not being able to attach any pictures, I'm currently living in Hostel for studies and the backpack is at home.

6. Trista W.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Oct 30, 2018

BobbyV8_, RJBoss, script and 3 others like this.
  7. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Oct 30, 2018

SoniaB , Oct 30, 2018 :
    All those stains. You love your backpack ... wash it [​IMG]

OALEXANDER and script like this.
  8. script
    Nougat Moderator Oct 30, 2018

script , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Fixed

Train and Bag-01.jpeg

Plenkske and OALEXANDER like this.
  9. OALEXANDER
    Indian POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 31, 2018

OALEXANDER , Oct 31, 2018 :
    American Express V/S CitiBank for @harichand raghavan
    Now he will play in Dinars..

ravi4ever and Harichand_Raghavan like this.