[closed]The Showcase-join the 'OnePlus Explorer Backpack' reviewer squad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P1539337614841
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2018

2. JerRV5G
    Gingerbread Oct 20, 2018

JerRV5G , Oct 20, 2018 :
    t 1540055176713.jpg

I noticed the OnePlus Midnight black & Mandora backpacks online, & thought they looked really cool, so I ordered the Midnight black color, (I ended up buying the Mandora grey color too, I like the midnight black soo much)
    I was blown away when it was delivered how quality it was compared to my Herchel backpacks (Herschel specializes in backpacks) & OnePlus specializes in phones, so I was shocked at how well thought out the midnight black OnePlus backpack was & how comfortable it was as well, but my absolute favorite was how cool it looked.(coolest backpack I ever seen)
    I took that backpack on the road & the first thing I remember was how much I loved the zipper pocket inside the backpack (I was always losing my wallet & chargers, having the zipper pocket inside the backpack saved me countless times, ( more then once someone tried opening my backpack from behind on the busy Las Vegas strip but no one was able to get to that pocket. The next thing I remember was the laptop sleeve, I really was thankful that I could put important items in the sleeve (with my Hershel backpack I would drop small stuff on the ground when I was rummaging through my backpack all the time but with the laptop sleeve it was all kept in one place) the sleeve had two zipper's which was even better for me to stay organized. I really liked the curve of the straps & the way the straps were connected to a flap instead of the backpack, perfect combo(my back would often hurt with Herchel backpacks) OnePlus team took the time to make a well thought out unique backpack, (which my back really appreciated).
    I loved the red accent zipper flap, it looked so cool & everyone on the strip would compliment me on the backpack. I remember I was using the backpack for almost
    a month when I realized that it had a secret pocket on
    the very back side, i couldn't believe it, I was shocked, it was the most convenient pocket I ever used & I liked it especially because no one knew it was there. I loved the 2 compartments in the bag that helped me organize my stuff as well. Las Vegas has the coolest malls & the best stores with the coolest newest clothes & gear, but I never found a better backpack.(I would always get a new outfit to go with my OnePlus Midnight black backpack & I sure stood out)
    I got dizzy one night & used the cushion on the back of the OnePlus backpack as a pillow & was able to lay down & recoup, (I couldn't believe how comfortable that backpack was as a quick pillow) I've never been disappointed with any of your products, not once, I've been impressed every time & I'm picky. You never disappoint. Your design team is very detaile orientated. Can't wait to try out the New Explorer Oneplus backpack. OnePlud does a fantastic job of getting it right. Jesus sure loves the OnePlus team. Your products are exceptionally good Everytime. Yuh, ay, ay
    I can't do this on my own, ay, no, ay_God's plan, God's plan

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018

OALEXANDER, buntycubal and Crystal Z. like this.
  3. A1540052947401
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2018

4. A1540052947401
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2018

A1540052947401 , Oct 20, 2018 :
    I am using One plus 5. My mobile is being hanged and finger print sensor does not working sometime

5. sommersy
    KitKat Oct 20, 2018

sommersy , Oct 20, 2018 :
    A Lab for backpacks? Don't mind if I do! :p

It's been a long time since I've lived a backpack type of life...too long maybe...Wouldn't mind finding places to go to with one again, actually...

Anyway, my own favourite 'pack was the one that got me through college. It was - well still is, it's still around somewhere - purple, one of the best colours imo. Its brand is Outdoor Gear - yeah yeah, very Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and all that.

giphy (30).gif

(Sod off, it wasn't like i had Herschel or whatever money back then =p )

Anyway...despite its price, it managed the stuff, which included the stupendous behemoth of the first laptop I ever bought - and its rectangular building thing of a charger - very well. OTOH, it also ended up with permanently visible top-zip-edge stitching by the end of all that.

It also had good netting in the side-pouches for water bottles (and the stuff I used to swipe off the stands at university career days (only one novelty Medtronic stress-ball per person? screw that! XD ) which is still more or less intact to this day.

If its eventual replacement is even as robust, reassuring and as good an accomplice as it was, I'll be happy. If it was also Space Black, so much the better (ahem ;p ).

So that's my backpack story. It may not be funny, meme-worthy or even...based on recent events by now :oops: but it's well-structured and contained no life-destroying breakages, ever. And in the end, that's what you should want out of a backpack story. I'd hope so, at least :)

Pics pending the location and dragging-out of the backpack in question. And the laptop in question too (yes, its corpse is still around, somewhere. Wait till you see the size of it :eek:).

buntycubal likes this.
  6. risky1301
    Lollipop Oct 20, 2018

risky1301 , Oct 20, 2018 :
    This should come with some interesting stories. I'm on board, need a new backpack for class.

7. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Oct 21, 2018

dalmia09 , Oct 21, 2018 :
    @Trista W. I just wanted to ask if I'm eligible for this. I am an active member but I've not been here for a year yet. Is that a requirement I need to compulsarily fulfill? Also I'm under 18, would that make a difference? (Though I'd be 18 soon.)

8. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 21, 2018

Stickied Post
    BobbyV8_ , Oct 21, 2018 :
    When it comes to accessories, I’m a fan of watches and backpacks. It has been long time since I bought one and while looking for options, OnePlus listed Travel backpack for raffles. 11.jpg
    Ever since I saw that my heart said you need to own it. It was kind of a feeling towards the brand and appearance of the bag as well. The colour combination as well as it’s design are simple and meets my taste. OnePlus Travel Backpack stands to be my favourite backpack.
    10.jpg

DSC_0146_1-01.jpeg

Weight is equally distributed & with memory foam padding on shoulder straps, it doesn’t stress out on shoulders. Mesh covering over the foam helps the sweat to dry quickly and even after an hour long drive straps aren’t moist.
    7.jpg

8.jpg

Little plastic clips sliding across the straps binds the extra strap together and they don't hit me anymore while on bike.
    6.jpg

Overall stability of the bag will let it stand stiff. Now I don’t have to keep adjusting the bag while at work meaning, less distraction. Little stand like pads do their job as intended.
    5.jpg

It has space to carry enough for me to run through my day. Lunch, water bottle, laptop, couple of books / files, standard stationery and additionally a camera bag fits in with ease.
    9.jpg

While on the move or short trips, I can replace the lunch with a pair of clothes and I’m all good to roll. Clothes bag comes handy in here. Only downside for me is the space of side pockets. I used to place a 1L water bottle in the side pockets, but with this I have to keep it inside.
    4.jpg

I have it for 2 months now and I’m sure we’re going to have a long time together. My bike, helmet & a backpack with essentials is all needed to get me going.
    3.jpg

2.jpg

The fact that I have it is the memory it will leave for me. I was looking to win it either in a contest or raffles and it happened. I got it for reaching Level 3 of the Let’s Talk contest. Every glance or have it on my shoulders, I keep reminded of the contest and the feel good vibes continue.
    After I started using this, people notice me as ‘OnePlus Man’ and this feels good as well.
    1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018

PhFS, RJBoss, Bouncer71 and 15 others like this.
  9. Trista W.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Oct 21, 2018

Stickied Post
    Trista W. , Oct 21, 2018 :
    oh, ofc you can join. I quote dunnow's post for applauding his good idea, but after consideration, we also want to make some adjustments based on his idea, since we don't want to rid the new member of this chance, we believe new members can form a long-term friendship with us. So no compulsory active time requirement.

10. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Oct 21, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Oct 21, 2018 :
    Good luck to @LL!! :D
    May the best backpack reviewer get a chance to review the newest backpack :p

11. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Oct 21, 2018

dalmia09 , Oct 21, 2018 :
    Thanks a lot for clearing that out. :)

Shivang Joshi and NeVeR_SeTTLe like this.
  12. mohangopi
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2018

13. BraveFox
    Froyo Oct 21, 2018

BraveFox , Oct 21, 2018 :
    Dear all,

the perfume of a special contest has arrived to my nose and I couldn't resist to the possibility to partecipate.
    So firstable thanks to the staff that organizes these initiatives.
    Now space to my entry.

1540128907332.jpg

THE Backpack is my loyal mate since more than 10 years I think.
    It hasn't a nickname I only call it THE backpack; when someone asks me which bag should I use for my next travel or trip the reply is: "THE backpack.". This is the reason of the title.

THE backpack has an extremely simple, elegant, but at the same time sporty design. This is highlighted by the choice of a greyscale colouring for its textiles. Its appearance fits perfectly my character, my passion and my needs.

THE backpack is made essentially of two materials: inside we find an highresitance rubbered textil. This textil confers impermeability to the backpack and at the same time it grants a good thermal insulation to perfectly store foods.

1540129339366.jpg

Outside we find a well-crafted polyestere textil.

1540129346814.jpg

The use of these materials shows a deep study of choices before creating the product.
    I tested myself that is also "catresistant", here some pics.

1540129364893.jpg

1540129365055.jpg

Eventhough it seems small, THE backpack presents a relevant capacity. I usually put in it my notebook, powerbank, headphones, food and other stuff. Many times it happens my friends tell me how could I have so many stuff in my backpack or if I've brought my home pantry. I reply that Mary Poppins bought me it.

In conclusion I could affirm that is a practical tool that can be used in everyday situation: travels, trips, seaside, swimmingpool, when going out with friends, walking in the city, at work, ecc..

As mentioned above, my backpack is my loyal fellow since more than 10 years, so we both have many memories inside, so many that I'll share my last one.
    Last time I went on a trip with family and friends to a waterfall park, which name is Parco delle cascate della Molina.
    Situated near the eastern coast of Lake Garda it is a beautiful park entirely surrounded by nature. I suggest to visit this park, it's a must to see it!
    Here some photos.

1540129536248.jpg

1540129536463.jpg

Ok OnePlus this is THE backpack, hope you'll enjoy my entry.
    Let's see if you are able to purpose something better and make me found a new explorer mate, this is a challenge!

14. Radha2341
    Donut Oct 21, 2018

15. Georgekpel
    Donut Oct 21, 2018

16. Jaywiseman
    Honeycomb Oct 21, 2018

Jaywiseman , Oct 21, 2018 :
    The functionality of this packpack caught my eye. The many pockets and secure zippers to keep everything safe and tucked away. Lots of storage.

I have had this packpack for 8 years.

This backpack has carried me through school and even university. It then carried on to give me support through several jobs and on many road trips. It has never given up on me and is still going strong today. It never gives up on me and continues to provide me with the same functionality since day 1.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. puma95
    Jelly Bean Moderator Oct 21, 2018

Stickied Post
    puma95 , Oct 21, 2018 :
    I decided to take part in this contest to share with you guys how much I actually appreciate my backpack!
    Usually I don't do product reviews but this one has lots of memories attached to it so here we go :p

So which backpack did I went with?
    The OnePlus Travel Backpack in Morandi Gray! :3
    I got it at an EuroTour event in cologne, in a club where we had a gathering with fans, media and two german staff members :)
    I met @script there and got to know @otto2 @woSch @theKatie and many others! It was really fun, so even receiving the backpack is connected to cool memory :)

Since that day I was wearing it almost EVERY DAY to uni!! (I sometimes skip lectures..)
    And this is what usually is inside:
    - Food & Water!! And since a little while bananas! (thanks for the tip @Ruby G. :D)
    - My Laptop, my most important tool
    - Paper and something to write (I like to exercise my hand muscles once in a while)
    - (sometimes) Books and my E Reader
    - Cables and USB sticks :rolleyes:

IMG_20181021_215225_001.jpg

So this boi is my loyal companion in my everyday student life and does a good job at it keeping my stuff all together, protecting my laptop and looking stylish on my back in every season!
    Thanks to the sturdy shoulder straps he even keeps it all safe when I have to do risky sprints to get the train, riding the bike in the city or simply handling some weight after a visit in the library. Sometimes even all at once!

But of course my backpack isn't dealing with everyday work/student life, we had a few trips and vacations too!
    When doing trips, I usually had a weekender with me, I mean I have to put all my stuff somewhere for a few days, right? WRONG!
    On the very first Mod Meet I remember @Plenkske saying something like "ye I have all my stuff in my backpack" and in my mind I was like, dude you either are a super minimalistic guy or this backpack must have much more room inside than its filigree body shows.
    What can I say, this backpack indeed can fit a whole damn lot. On every other trip in the past months I had only my backpack with me, inspired by the words of @Plenkske :D

We were in Moscow, Monaco, Bochum and some other places
    Here we are chilling at the beach in Juan le pins, Nice:
    IMG_20180819_171929_001.jpg

Let's end this post finally! :D
    Back to the original questions

why it attracted you (appearance, functionality etc.)

Well it didn't at first, it just came to me and I started to realize how much I appreciate it!

how long it has been in your company

Since November 24th, 2017!

what memory it has left you
    Only positive ones so far! 10/10 would buy again!

Thanks for reading! :)
    Your Pums <3

Edit:
    Almost forgot to tell you about my favorite feature!
    The hidden pocket at the front/side of the backpack, see attached image below! ;)
    It's so well hidden that even I haven't noticed it the first few days using it, the only hint is the little black zipper that eventually shows itself!
    IMG_20181021_215442_002.jpg

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018

18. woSch
    Marshmallow Oct 21, 2018

woSch , Oct 21, 2018 :
    that was a cool Event for sure, gathering with Friends :) ( ... 5T still in use ;) awaiting next Event :D )

Good luck for the contest!

19. D1539344278765
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2018

20. anish.nair
    Eclair Oct 22, 2018

anish.nair , Oct 22, 2018 :
    Does that mean less than a year community member cannot participate?
    If YES, then WHY?

Also, where do one post about their favourite bagpack (photo + content)?