[closed]The Showcase-join the 'OnePlus Explorer Backpack' reviewer squad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 22, 2018

BobbyV8_ , Oct 22, 2018 :
    There's nothing as such, clarified here. You need to post in this thread itself. See this

hennes, dalmia09 and Plenkske like this.
  2. YASHPLUSONE
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2018

hennes and Anubis 33 like this.
  3. Plenkske
    Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 22, 2018

Plenkske , Oct 22, 2018 :
    Haha thats great !
    I'm a little bit minimalistic but also the backpack has plenty of room ! So its a bit of both :)

hennes, woSch and puma95 like this.
  4. F1540203135051
    Donut Oct 22, 2018

hennes likes this.
  5. BobbyV8_

Only if you've been a LAB Reviewer, not if you submit an application.

hennes and YASHPLUSONE like this.
  6. AlouLouky
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2018

AlouLouky , Oct 22, 2018 :
    Your pics are better then the ones on the Op shop.They show the texture and the detail of the backpack,which makes me want to get one.I just think the price is a little high.For -20 i would grab it at once!
    Good Work!

hennes and BobbyV8_ like this.
  7. BobbyV8_

Thanks mate. Trust me, product is worth the price. You could try winning it in a photo contest or something. It took me long enough to win one but I finally got it.

hennes likes this.
  8. AlouLouky
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2018

hennes and Anubis 33 like this.
  9. BobbyV8_

Hang on then, our reviewer squad will give you the best.

hennes and AlouLouky like this.
  10. script
    Nougat Moderator Oct 22, 2018

script , Oct 22, 2018 :
    My favorite backpack is a Samsonite laptop backpack.

IMG_20181021_135410_001.jpg

Classic design

IMG_20181021_142114_001.jpg

Beautiful inside

IMG_20181021_141627_001.jpg

One compartment above for travel papers, phone, power bank

IMG_20181021_141943_001.jpg

another one hidden below. Very nice interior. A safe place for important things.

IMG_20181021_140830.jpeg

The included Laptop bag is big enough for a 17'' MacBook Pro.

IMG_20181021_142237_001.jpg

IMG_20181021_142401_001.jpg

Also with two extra compartments

IMG_20181021_142716_001.jpg

Practical straps

IMG_20181021_143540_001.jpg

and a secretly hidden

IMG_20181021_142858_001.jpg

rain coat.

IMG_20181021_143336_001.jpg

It is a perfect backpack, even for a three days business trip with some extra cloths. It was love at first sight. The combination of design, material and functionality was the reason to choose this one.

He's my mate since 2014. In my job I have to travel a lot, mostly for 2 to 4 days, and therefore I prefer this slightly bigger Rucksack to my super nice OnePlus backpacks, which are perfect for a one or two day trip.

My wife bought it for me as a memory to our trip to Lisbon, in a small leather and bags shop in the city. Of course this is full of the best possible memories. Hey, it's Lisbon. And we met @Hige , which is another nice memory. A OnePlus memory.

Ps. All pics shot with the OnePlus 5 and not edited.

superplus, hennes, RJBoss and 15 others like this.
  11. GJimmyNOELWertz_
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2018

GJimmyNOELWertz_ , Oct 22, 2018 :
    I'm new to this community but would love the chance to try out the new backpack, I've loved the OnePlus brand for a long time at the same time not long enough. I really can't believe how little people in the U.S. know of OnePlus. And I'm excited about the things OnePlus is doing. Don't know how you guys do it but you continue to keep me in awe. Thanks and good luck everyone.

Trista W. and hennes like this.
  12. s.maurice
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2018

s.maurice , Oct 22, 2018 :
    I always loved Burton backbacks because Burton makes products that are of great quality. They are reliable and relativly cheap. And they have great patterns and designs.

hennes likes this.
  13. YJULISLAM
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2018

hennes likes this.
  14. arimaz
    Donut Oct 22, 2018

hennes likes this.
  15. Pravin2999
    Froyo Oct 22, 2018

hennes likes this.
  16. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Oct 22, 2018

Stickied Post
    Its.Leandroo , Oct 22, 2018 :
    Hi everyone,

I would like to share my story with you all. It doubles as my submission for The Showcase.

For a long time, I used to have an Eastpack backpack for anything that was related to school. Things like pencils, books, clothes, food and drinks are all things that I used to carry along on a daily basis.

Over the recent years, my life has changed quite a bit. I met new people, changed habits, learned many new things and I became part of this community. But one thing that has changed even more, are the things I carry in my backpack, and the backpack itself too.

Earlier this year, I lost both my grandparents. It was around the same time that I took part in The Lab for the OnePlus 6. It really was tough, and still is every time I think about them. Since then, I changed the way I live, and my view of the world. I spent more and more time on completing projects for school, and getting better at what I do; UI/UX Design and photography. As a gift from my other grandparents for both my loss and still being positive about what I do, they bought me the OnePlus Travel Backpack - Space Black, because it looks clean and professional. It has been with me for about 2,5 months so far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Important Things First
    It's not only emotional value for me, it's also part of my daily routine. As my education exists of programming, I always carry around a laptop suitable for work, and at the same time powerful enough to play a few games when I'm taking a break from work. It's the most important thing in my backpack, too. I was surprised my laptop fits in it, as the max size listed on the website is 15 inches. It could be, because I'm using a different compartment for my laptop than I'm supposed to do.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Creative Thinking

Some of you might know that one moment when you have an idea in your head, but you have nothing to draw it on? That's why I have my OnePlus Sketchbook. It's the second most important thing in my backpack, and I use it very regularly. I won't be able to share my drawings however, as it contains mock-ups of projects that I'm working on. But, it fits perfectly fine in the backpack. There's even a separate compartment for it (I mean, it fits...).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Common Contents

Then, there are your other needs. I always take a load of accessories with me including; chargers, adapters, cables, cleaning cloth for my camera lenses, food and drinks, earbuds, phone cases, and more. For all of it is room, without having to squish it all together which was the problem with the backpack I used before it.

[​IMG]

Build Quality

There is however a slight problem with it; It's not suitable for intensive travelling in my opinion. The way you open the main compartment is not my favorite thing to do, so you'll always need two hands to open it. That's not an easy task when you're holding things like an umbrella and a camera.

Apart from that, the materials used do look and feel very premium, and the overall design is great too. I don't feel the straps around my shoulders being there either, well, almost. It's still ~6 kilo that I'm carrying every day. It's also easy to clean, which is a very positive thing as I like to keep my stuff clean all the time.

The reason I want the Explorer Backpack is not to replace my Travel Backpack; It has emotional value for me. Instead, it's an addition to it. I'd love to keep work and travelling around in the woods and nature separated, instead of having to change the contents of it.

hennes, Ruby G., OALEXANDER and 3 others like this.
  17. F_Moinudeen_Mirza_iPvw
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2018

F_Moinudeen_Mirza_iPvw , Oct 23, 2018 :
    thank u for yurs suggestions i ve always appreciate towards helping us in solving lots of problems i like this device worth i cant buy it right now its fantastic new 6t device processors ram management interms software updates its very cool new generation devices thank u

hennes likes this.
  18. F_Moinudeen_Mirza_iPvw
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2018

F_Moinudeen_Mirza_iPvw , Oct 23, 2018 :
    yaa its a nice compact design cool backpack towards co of one plus nice in travelling its have such a nice things like seperate water bottle space & lots more i really like it

hennes likes this.
  19. F_Moinudeen_Mirza_iPvw
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2018

hennes likes this.
  20. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Oct 23, 2018

GopalB., hennes, RJBoss and 17 others like this.