[closed]The Showcase-join the 'OnePlus Explorer Backpack' reviewer squad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deepakyadeedya
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2018

2. suhailaaaaaaaaaaa
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2018

3. suhailaaaaaaaaaaa
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2018

4. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Oct 23, 2018

dalmia09 , Oct 23, 2018 :
    Thanks for increasing the time period. But I'll try to post mine by tomorrow or day after!
    I'm done with writing the review, but pictures are difficult :oops:

5. Elliro
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 23, 2018

Elliro , Oct 23, 2018 :
    My favourite backpack right now is the Waterfield design staad backpack (slim version). it's first caught my eye about two years ago, when I found it while browsing online, and I was exctatic when I got it as a gift from a family member. I've always valued high quality workmanship over cheap mass-produced items. I like to touch something and get the feeling that it's gonna last, and this gives me that. every fold and seem appears as though it was put there to stay, and they're not going anywhere.
    1540576646429.jpg

Now I have an admission to make. I'm not terribly good at treating my stuff well. It's not by choice, I just always seem to lean up to the wall with the most cracks and pointy things to scratch the leather, or put things in just the place so other people step on them. It's not my fault... sort of...
    Anyways this bag has held up magnificently, and while it looks scratches and beaten up, it's part of the look, and the bag holds up amazingly. No loose stitching, no broken zippers, no nothing. I don't know how it has held up with me, but it has.

1540576685392.jpg

I chose the option with brown canvas, and grizzly leather so it has a ultra rustic and old-fashioned look which I love. On the outside it's a quite monochromatic brown, but it has a tasty orange lining on the inside, giving a fun contrast when you open it. Overall looks and build quality are both A+.

1540576719706.jpg

Just look at that orange!

In the usability part things stand a little different. While the slim build of the backpack fits my build perfectly, and it looks amazing, it doesn't have a lot of storage space. In the laptop compartment I've had a MacBook Pro 13, and an iPad pro 12.9, and while they fit, it's a bit of a squeeze, and if the rest of the backpack is full, I often struggle with getting them out again, especially if I only need one of them.

1540576760771.jpg

The main compartment is also cramped for space, and I often struggle 2oth fitting just a few essentials like my lunch, a charger, a pencil case, and my headphones case. I if I overpack it slightly so I struggle with closing the lid, I can still only fit my lunch (a quite small Tupperware box) and the case for my Sony WH-Xm3's. If I forego the case for my headphones, which is strictly not necessary as I wear them 90% of the time, I can maybe fit a water bottle, or a pencil case and my chargers.

That said, I really love this backpack, and it has been my trustworthy companion on many a city trip, and been with me nearly every day in school. It's left me with memories of city-trips with my family, holidays, and dates with my SO. And even though it's not a hiking backpack it even joined me on a couple short trips through the woods, and did that wonderfully too.

Last sidenote: I also really love the opening mechanism: one simple pull and it's open. A bit harder to close, but you're often in less if a hurry closing it than getting it open again in my experience.
    1540576914457.jpg

That's all for now, I'm signing off.
    -Elli

1540302464666.jpg

PS: This review was written over the space of an hour in a mall, all photos in the review were also taken at said mall. If I do get chosen I will give the review of the Explorer Backpack a lot more attention, and more creative, professional photos. All photos were taken on OnePlus 6.

Edit: I edited the review a bit, and added more photos.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018

6. SeanPDawson
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2018

SeanPDawson , Oct 23, 2018 :
    Hello I am Sean Dawson and My favorite backpack has been a a simple black and grey Jansport backpack with only one main pocket and a small front pocket and I have been using this backpack since 3rd grade and too this day it is still going strong. Last year the zipper broke on the backpack and the customer service was great about getting the backpack fixed and the back to me. During this time I had to use a different backpack and over the time I used it I was always annoyed because the pack never fit in my locker and fell apart within the first month of use and at that time the Jansport was back so it was not worth having the other backpack fixed. My Jansport is 9 years old and still used on a daily basis today.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018

Trista W. likes this.
  7. RJBoss
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 23, 2018

Stickied Post
    RJBoss , Oct 23, 2018 :
    THE STORY OF HOW BACKPACKS INFLUENCE ME
    Share picture..-1..jpg
    Over the years of my life, all I have felt is left out. Having to deal with no one in particular, I started to hate myself. Then one fine afternoon, while having a walk in the mall, doing nothing and only aimlessly roaming around, my eyes spotted a gorgeous backpack from Accessorize. And I instantly wanted it. Because the doodles on the backpack will grab your attention and make you relish those childhood memories once again.

But a backpack lover can’t limit their choices in owning that one perfect backpack, right? So I started to own backpacks from Accessorize (yes, they are too good to be owned), Vans and Bewakoof as well, until one day I was selected for the Open Ears Forum (OEF) by OnePlus. To be honest, the backpack from “Bewakoof” looks just like the OnePlus version. And a fellow mate of mine (@GopalB.) even commented on owning one more backpack of OnePlus cause we were gifted a OnePlus backpack after entering the venue where the OEF event was going to be held. And having to finally own a backpack I had ever wanted, but always had it in my Wishlist, this sudden surprise came as a boon to my extended collection.

Now since Black is my favourite colour, I wanted to look in the bag and check the colour. And to my thrill, the Space Black Travel Backpack from OnePlus made my day. It also complemented my Nylon Black Case which held my OnePlus 6 Mirror Black edition as perfectly as possible.
    Share picture....jpg
    The texture of the backpack is royal with its comfortable and smooth fabric that has made it a wearable icon in my opinion. And the look just mesmerizes me more. The way it has been designed, with three of its secret pockets (inside, back, side), it is surely anti-theft proof but still it is a piece that is meant to be kept guarded and close to my heart.

Now it has been almost 5 months of owning this beast and it has been one hell of a ride. This backpack is indeed meant to travel all around. I have carried it to a different city, taken it to such iconic places around and it has also supported me while walking around a forest.
    Share picture..-2..jpg
    Going through such harsh weather conditions, it has survived the dust as well as the creepy onlookers that eye to own one someday, but it is my lucky backpack, that is only mine, to keep.

It is also durable after the wash and turns out to be just like a brand new baby, again. And I don’t have to bother looking for a shoulder to cry on or laugh upon. Because now I have so many beautiful friends (Backpacks) that support me even if my day has gone bad and I am certain they will never leave my side until I choose to or my mother gives it away to a more needy child because I have so many to use. But as a mother is scared to lose a child, so am I, to lose my favourite beauties for whom I can even write a book upon. Because they are worth to be owned and cherished, forever.

P.S. I will be uploading pictures to this post latest by 25th October, 11:59 PM, IST.

Edit: Done uploading the pictures hence, done with the final review. And it's only 11:39 PM, IST. xD

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018

Venky61, script, Baymax and 11 others like this.
  8. F_John_Thompson_Gcbp
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2018

9. YASHPLUSONE
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 23, 2018

YASHPLUSONE , Oct 23, 2018 :
    another great move!
    changing schedule for user convince has become OnePlus goals [e]1f60a[/e]
    thumbs up! [e]1f44d[/e]

F_John_Thompson_Gcbp likes this.
  10. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Oct 24, 2018

BobbyV8_ , Oct 24, 2018 :
    Make a post in this thread (just like you asked 'How do you enter') covering these
    • why it attracted you (appearance, functionality etc.)
    • how long it has been in your company
    • what memory it has left you
    Add some pics of your favourite backpack.

11. sachin.r.fulzele
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2018

sachin.r.fulzele , Oct 24, 2018 :
    I purchased Aristocrat backpack from VIP as I loved its design, after using my HP backpack for about 4 years! Aristocrat backpack is very good with its quality & strength, but finding it somewhat incapable to meet my increasing travel needs. It's catching dirt very often & looks like it's a very old backpack. So, searching for the one which could maintain it's quality alongwith it's looks, at the better economic price!

12. F1540362119288
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2018

13. sapshot

sapshot , Oct 24, 2018 :
    Does it have to be a OnePlus Backpack?

14. BobbyV8_

BobbyV8_ , Oct 24, 2018 :
    It can be of any brand.

15. Harsh_____official
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2018

16. H1539750719291
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2018

H1539750719291 , Oct 24, 2018 :
    Hey there!!
    Now I have had a ton of backpacks in my limited lifetime...But my favourite one... Is this simple backpack because it has really sweet memory attached to it... And well tons of others too....
    No it is not a Trekking, Cycling, Climbing, Snowsport or even a daybackpack.
    But it is definitely a reliable back.
    I got this backpack as a gift from my younger brother (first ever gift from the craziest person in my life).... So it holds really emotional value in my life.... A part from it being a gift and going almost everywhere with me from school to afterfun for well almost four years.... Its design makes it sturdy enough to not cause to much pressure on my shoulders... And the blue color is love.
    You heard the story now I present you the "Star of the story ":
    IMG_20181024_212923.jpg

IMG_20181024_212833.jpg

You can clearly see the cuts and bruises it has got with years of usage and memories.....

P. S : Don't worry I have got other backpacks as well when needed... Because this one is love but m not a crazy dove
    ❤️❤️

17. teopixel0
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2018

18. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2018

Stickied Post
    dalmia09 , Oct 24, 2018 :

My Backpack

My backpack is a black colored 'Liviya' backpack. It is huge and has a 38L capacity. I have been using this backpack for the last 4 and a half years straight. This backpack was bought for me by my aunt, and I have been (ab)using it daily since middle school, since then. The great number of pockets and the tremendous amount of space was what attracted me to the bag the most! A lot of memories are attached with this backpack.

IMG_20181024_172225 - Copy (2)-01-01.jpeg

General Overview

It is made up of 450D polyester majorly and the stitching is top class. It is quite water repellent but cannot be used in heavy rain. The zippers are really smooth, and the zip pullers are strong and made of metal. The backpack is huge and has quite some heft to it. It has 3 main internal compartments, and a multitude of smaller compartments and pockets on the inside. It also has mesh water bottle compartments on both the sides.

The base and the rear of the backpack is made of thick plastic like material and is textured, which prevents damage to the contents of the backpack and lets me keep it wherever and on whatever surface I want to like concrete, playground, gravel, airplane cabin, train floor and even on the public washroom floor. Since it is thick plastic like, even water cannot cause damage to the contents whether the backpack is lying or standing, but is not very easy to clean.

On the top is a sturdily attached handle to carry the bag. It has broad and well padded straps, which minimize pressure on the shoulders and help me carry even a heavy load without any discomfort. The straps have an attachment latch that goes over the chest. It helps to keep the straps in place and prevents slipping down from shoulders. It also had a buckle to keep the bag stuck around the waist, but one of the sides of the buckle strap got ripped a couple years ago.

IMG_20181024_213706.jpg

The Compartments

The first and foremost compartment is a small one, with an in-built organizer and numerous pockets. The second middle compartment is the main huge one. And the last compartment has a built in laptop sleeve and opens completely.

The front compartment and organizer has a lot of different pockets and stores most of the small items like stationary, tifin box (I used to carry this a lot earlier, not so much now), sunglasses, mobile phone, chargers and cables, earphones, hard drive, a notepad, other small junk and some preferably eatable stuff. It is pretty easy to organize everything because of so many different pockets for everything. It comes in very handy while traveling as well, as it can store all toiletries in an organized fashion.

IMG_20181024_174250-min.jpg

The side mesh water bottle compartments are just amazing and one of the things that I love most about this backpack. It helps the lazy me stay hydrated, holds wet umbrellas, and has even helped me carry rolled chart papers for projects a lot of times while I was in school, without damaging them!

The middle main compartment is where I carry my books and notebooks to class. It is so big that it can easily fit 2-3 binders for homework sheets along with the books, or some really fat books as well! While travelling, it can store enough clothes for a 2-3 day trip!

IMG_20181024_174107-min1.jpg

The last compartment has a padded laptop sleeve with a latch which holds the laptop cozily and safely. It opens up completely which comes in handy during security checkouts at airports.

IMG_20181024_224357.jpg

IMG_20181024_173052n.jpg

There are some bonus compartments as well!! There is a small pocket at the front as well, where I usually keep my wallet, keys, id card, and loose change. The final pocket is a velcro pocket on the front, which I use only sometimes to keep stuff that I need handily.

IMG_20181024_213940-min.jpg

Our Journey So Far

This bag has definitely suffered a lot of abuse as can be seen. The abrasion of the fabric is noticeable now, and I have even managed to lose a chain puller of the laptop compartment. Nevertheless, it is still a really dependable and a wonderful companion.

It is stylish looking, yet low-key; really utilitarian and sturdy and comfortable to carry as well.

My aunt had bought me this backpack for school at a time when my dad was really very ill and hospitalized (he's thankfully perfectly fine now). I have a lot of memories with this bag. I have carried a loads of books, carried groceries, tossed this backpack around the football field, traveled numerous places like Delhi, Hyederabad, Jaipur, Mumbai, Singapore, and Thailand with it, hung it on tree branches, and have even carried other people’s backpacks inside it!!

I have hidden love notes from my girlfriend in it, have had my mom find them and scold me for them, have hidden even more notes and small handmade gifts from her (which my mom hasn’t found yet, don’t tell her:p) inside it, in the numerous small pockets!!! (I even discovered a 3 year old such note that I didn’t know was even there, while writing this review!!!)

I had never thought how much a simple thing that I use every day could mean this much to me. Writing this review made me reflect the whole journey I have had with this backpack, and it makes me wish I never part with it. Thanks for the opportunity.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018

BeingIncog, Baymax, BobbyV8_ and 6 others like this.
  19. Trista W.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Oct 25, 2018

Trista W. , Oct 25, 2018 :
    nope, only if it's your favorite backpack.;)

dalmia09 likes this.
  20. GaryCoates
    Froyo Oct 25, 2018