[closed]Trade in program - voucher or credit??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonnie Greenwell Cupcake Feb 6, 2018

Bonnie Greenwell, Feb 6, 2018 :
    I recently bought a 5T after which I traded in my old iPhone through the trade in program. I was originally quoted a 50 euro refund and have just received an email to say that the phone passed. They have however sent me a voucher code for 50 euro instead of providing me a credit on my original payment method (which was on an Australian credit card). Has anyone had a similar situation as in they received a voucher code instead of credit? Thanks

2. thecosmictoaster Cupcake May 26, 2018

thecosmictoaster, May 26, 2018 :
    Yeah I've been trying to find out the deal with this. Turns out the whole scheme is laced with caviats.

e.g. You have to wait 30 days after purchase of your one+6 to send in your old one, but the one+6 offer runs out in may.

They don't tell you whether you'll get a voucher or cash.

Customer services contradict themselves, one person told me only the one+5t and up get cash trade ins.

Essentially it seems you just have to chance it.

3. Freddy323 Cupcake Jun 14, 2018

4. forrestheyman Cupcake Jul 27, 2019

forrestheyman, Jul 27, 2019 :
    I ran into the exact same issue. You can see my prior post with screenshots supporting a similarly frustrating experience. Rather than get $500+ dollars for my iPhone X, I'm stuck with a lousy in store voucher for $500 -- a voucher that is meaningless to me unless I can resell it. Customer service was not willing to give an inch.

5. forrestheyman Cupcake Jul 27, 2019

forrestheyman, Jul 27, 2019 :
    One correction: I just noticed the voucher cannot even by exchanged for cash (presumably eBay or elsewhere). Now the voucher truly is meaningless. Thanks, OnePlus.

6. Horsault Marshmallow Moderator Jul 27, 2019

Horsault, Jul 27, 2019 :
    So you're bumping into old threads to promote your new one?
    Please read forum rules.