189 vote(s)
    44.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xtremeprady
    Eclair Oct 5, 2018

Xtremeprady , Oct 5, 2018 :
    I don't think wireless charging will beat the efficiency of Dash charging...better stick to your best guns. Just saying!! [e]1f601[/e][e]1f44d[/e]

2. akash44100
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2018

3. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Oct 5, 2018

camohan , Oct 5, 2018 :
    Thread merged.

4. nilrb
    Jelly Bean Oct 5, 2018

nilrb , Oct 5, 2018 :
    Impossible.. just impos....

The next one is always the newest n mostly better or pricier:p

Trevor.Hawkes likes this.
  5. Å¡£ā3¥ ‡ π0hā9
    Honeycomb Oct 5, 2018

Å¡£ā3¥ ‡ π0hā9 , Oct 5, 2018 :
    how can you say that ! 6 is not better the 5T !

5T is still the best compared to 6 , 6 only changed some display ratios , New snapdragon chip thats all

6. MeaninglessOne
    Eclair Oct 5, 2018

MeaninglessOne , Oct 5, 2018 :
    I'm quite excited for the release of the 6T. I'm not sure I will upgrade (or can afford to).

Waterproofing is a must. There is no major difference between ip67 and 68 as the test criteria can be fudged by the manufacturer so anything you can drop in the toilet is fine by me .

I don't like notches, I turn it off on my 6 but I do like the way the black "top chin" doubles as a stealth notification bar. I doubt the Teardrop will do much for me.

I really don't understand the salt about the headphone jack. If music fidelity and frequency is that important to you, this is really the wrong form factor to be moaning about it. Phones are about delivering new and emerging technology. It's comparable to demanding they put a LP record player on the phone because the recording is more authentic.

If you really can distinguish the sound quality difference from a 3.5 to a usb output then maybe you should stay at home and listen to your £100k Backes & Muller sound system. If you are streaming Spotify, probably time to wind it in.

Anyway, off my soapbox .

In screen fingerprint is interesting but take it or leave it.

In a year that Samsung, apple and almost certainly Google have dropped the ball with incremental and lazy upgrades, Oneplus are gaining market share by delivering phones that are fast, reliable, update well and have innovative features. Ok they might not stick the landing on them all. But at least they are trying and I don't think it's long before they give a true world beater premium device.

7. tcbeatty
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2018

tcbeatty , Oct 5, 2018 :
    I completely agree with your sentiment. In fact, I've felt this way about OnePlus' product line ever since I researched and bought my OP2 (still using today). Now I'm ready and excited to upgrade to the 6T and can't wait to try out wireless headphones. I also love their minimization of the notch and moving the fingerprint scanner underneath the screen, both to maximize screen space while also standing out from the big name smartphones. Never change OnePlus! Your willingness to be different and implement new technologies first is a huge draw.

8. tebsoo
    Froyo Oct 5, 2018

tebsoo , Oct 5, 2018 :
    Thank you [e]1f60a[/e]. Can you point me to the YouTube video and have you any idea about the notification implementation?

9. malidan
    Nougat Oct 5, 2018

malidan , Oct 5, 2018 :
    Volokin Project keeping it real about the incoming OP6 and recent events.

Njoy:D or Not:rolleyes:

miluisgood likes this.
  10. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Oct 6, 2018

camohan , Oct 6, 2018 :
    Thread merged.

11. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Oct 6, 2018

dalmia09 , Oct 6, 2018 :
    By that logic, 6T is not definitely better than the 6 since there is just a new fingerprint scanner, that's all. Saying the T variant is a better buy and you should wait for it is dumb, really. Had they not named it 'T' but named it with the next version number like if it was 7 instead of 6T, people would not have said so. The next new phone will definitely be a little better, wether its T or not. Whenever a new phone comes out, there are a few minor upgrades only.

nilrb likes this.
  12. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Oct 6, 2018

dalmia09 , Oct 6, 2018 :
    Here is the link, the review is just okayish.. This dude was the only YouTuber to do an actual review (that I could fine a month ago) and not a copy paste of a Chinese review with added voiceover, hence I asked him. :sweatsmile:

13. nilrb
    Jelly Bean Oct 6, 2018

nilrb , Oct 6, 2018 :
    Don't tell me iphone XS Plus is not better than iphone X :p

Steve Jobs wud twite it back to Tim Cook!! Let the old man Rest In Peace!!

14. f1982
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 6, 2018

f1982 , Oct 6, 2018 :
    What have you been smoking?

dalmia09 likes this.
  15. Å¡£ā3¥ ‡ π0hā9
    Honeycomb Oct 6, 2018

Å¡£ā3¥ ‡ π0hā9 , Oct 6, 2018 :

f1982

What have you been smoking?​

hey ! actually just think ! in what ways 6 is better than 5t !

5T is the one better than 6

only difference is , Of Ram, Storage to 256 and snapdragon processor , Glass back and slight improvement in camera ! thats all !

but

6T , Is not gonna be like that ! 6T will be going to be better than 6 !
    How ?

Here's how !

Pros:

New Technology (UDFP) (First on Oneplus , So accuracy will be Great cause they where testing it for years). (Its a huge Change).

Same 256 GB Storage
    - Both are same in 6 and 6t
    8 GB Ram

Bigger Battery - 3700 mah (Oneplus is confirming that , its just a 400 mah upgrade) but we can see a major difference in battery life b/w 6.

First in T-Mobile for US carrier ! (Gonna spread Globally)

And

Better Looking Screen notch (Water Drop notch) which increases Screen to Body ratio and more room for notification on top !

Cons :

No Headphone jack (Thats really shitty) but there is no room to put that in due to sensors (IDFP) and Bigger battery !

No IP rating !

No Warp Charge (due to my guessing) as if its a 3700 mah battery ! it can charge as much fast as 1+6 , even oneplus 6 charge only 56% in 30 minutes , which concludes that Dash charge tech is slowing down ! so when upgraded to 3700 mah ! its takes way too slow to charge ! but , Dont know will there be Warp charge with the box (We should wait until Launch)

Note : I don't think as if its a Glass back including wireless charging is not nessesary at this stage ! Cause even though dash is getting slowed down , its faster than Wireless charging ! also it increase cost of production and the phone cost for customers more !

16. f1982

f1982 , Oct 6, 2018 :
    Actually, I think I can guess what you're smoking

17. G_Sergio_Encinas_Ruiz_de
    Eclair Oct 6, 2018

G_Sergio_Encinas_Ruiz_de , Oct 6, 2018 :
    For me it's to important the IP certification, from OnePlus they say that isn't important but wait. If I buy a mobile with IP certification it's not to swim whit it, I buy it because a need the security in some moments. Maybe If I need to answer to a work email and it's raining, maybe if a glass with water brakes on the table...

18. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 6, 2018

Artemus. , Oct 6, 2018 :
    Even with an IP certification, should the water enter the inside and damage components it'll still be refused warranty service.

19. G_Sergio_Encinas_Ruiz_de
    Eclair Oct 6, 2018

G_Sergio_Encinas_Ruiz_de , Oct 6, 2018 :
    But it's more secure a mobile with IP that other with no IP certification.

20. f1982

f1982 , Oct 6, 2018 :
    I would like to see IP certification too. But remember, the IP rating isn't itself waterproofing. All it is, is a recognised test for waterproofing which costs money and would add cost to the phone (according to OnePlus).
    They say their phones are already waterproof to the point you can use them in the rain or drop them in a sink etc, and so long as you don't deliberately soak them for a sustained period, like take it in the pool with you, then the phone will be absolutely fine.
    It's already waterproof (technically all water proof phones are water resistant) it just doesn't have the rating.

dalmia09 and Artemus. like this.