189 vote(s)
    44.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monjur_miah
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2018

monjur_miah , Oct 24, 2018 :
    Spot on. Everyone's complaining about price increase but don't realise the competition is also increasing the price. tbh if you took oneplus out of the picture what are your options? I live in the uk, every other device apart from oneplus is pretty much £1000. No one's factoring in the costs of marketing as well, oneplus have just launched to all the major networks in the UK this means they now need to provide devices through multiple channels where as not too long ago they were only selling through the oneplus website. This will definitely increase manufacturing costs,as they'll need to meet the demands off the networks.

f1982 likes this.
  2. Waka_Yama
    Honeycomb Oct 24, 2018

Waka_Yama , Oct 24, 2018 :
    Competition is increasing the price? Intresting theory for economic wildlife :);)
    The main difference is other OEMs offer more and new hardware-features and raise prices. Something you won't find at OnePlus.
    Regarding the other devices:
    - Galaxy S9 - 530Pound
    - Huawei P20 Pro -600 Pound

There are some choices under 1000 Pound which still are highly competitive against an OP6T.
    Another Option: AS long as you are Part of the EU, order in an different country? ;)

TheSarathChandra likes this.
  3. monjur_miah
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2018

monjur_miah , Oct 24, 2018 :
    There'll be a much bigger battery and a in display fps. They added more and increased the price as a result. With samsung they try to cram as many gimmicks as they can in their devices, huawei launcher is soo bad (my opinion). Oneplus have offered the closest near stock experience, with the best components and top quality hardware. In the end they're delivering the most unique experience.

guisbro likes this.
  4. Waka_Yama
    Honeycomb Oct 24, 2018

Waka_Yama , Oct 24, 2018 :
    Jep, and they have dropped an audio-jack, not a question if it's needed, it's simply not there. FPS-in Display is nice but they had one in the back;). The new technology is more expensive so they have will increase the price.
    What elses is there? According to the leaks, we will get a ton of software features, especially for camera-related.

True, samsung is putting everything in. That's wht to expect from an "Flagship", to be on the edge of technology. By the way there are some features, which aren't in marketing or media, where OP cuts corners to keep the prices low.
    USB 3.1? A dedicated micro for better audio quality in videos or active noisecancelling?? Speed of the Radios? Speed of charging (DASH Charge isn't alone anymore ;))? What's about wireless charging? A downward-facing speaker...?
    It's true that OOS is probably one of the best OEM-ROMs which are currently at the market. Highly close to stock and with an, compared to the rest of the industry, high degree on updates. It's a field where they really shine.
    But even there are major fields to improve. One of the prominent would be the picture-postprocessing. And i really really really hope, that this time they made a major step forward, because I kind of like this brand and there approach to support there devices with updates.

Unique experience? No. Huawei with it's feature to charge other devices is unique. A Note 9 with S-Pen is unique. OnePlus is maybe unique in Europe because they push frequent updates and are cheap compared to the major brands (I missed the notification-slider... But would somebody really miss this?:cool:) But thats not the case in India or China. Imho you are referring to an experience that's suit your needs at most, mate. And that's absolutly okay! I wouldn't be here if i wouldn't have kind of the same needs and there product would suit them.

TheSarathChandra and monjur_miah like this.
  5. overpricedcoffee
    Honeycomb Oct 24, 2018

overpricedcoffee , Oct 24, 2018 :
    It depends on what you are after there are now a lot of mid-range phones available in the UK which offer superb value for money such as the Honor 8X, Nokia 7.1 which offer comparible features and camera quality from that of the OnePlus 6 but £150 to £200 cheaper.

Now the Galaxy S9 can be had for around £499 if you shop around and yes it's an older phone but it has wireless charging, IP67 rated, better camera, better screen, all of which trump the OnePlus 6 and I am sure even the Pixel 2 XL gives the OnePlus 6 a run for its money as well despite it's age.

With each price increase the price gap between the OnePlus range and an equivalent android phone (be it brand new or circa 6 months old) gets much smaller and this is where value-add comes in, what extra features can you get for a small extra outlay which could justify the purchase over a OnePlus phone.

And the same is true the other way around the Nokia 7.1 is £299 retail without offers and it also runs stock android, has a good camera and fast enough for general use with a nice screen, so OnePlus also need to offer a lot more over these competing mid-range phones which are getting better and better with each iteration.

6. anchovies11
    Froyo Oct 24, 2018

anchovies11 , Oct 24, 2018 :
    Honestly I think too many people worry a ton about value versus price. You're still getting a really good deal for your money with oneplus, and if you like the brand or OS more than other android companies, then spend a little bit more on the phone you want.

There's always going to be better deals with older phones, but that means you have to use an older phone. The pixel 1 is a great phone that you can get for 160 usd, which is super good value for phone. But, the phone is older, and doesn't have some features people may want.

Phones are a personal statement. You chose the phone based on what you value most, not based on what other people say is the reason to get it. You may really value a headphone jack, so the 6t won't be the best option for you. You may hate notches, so the 6t won't be a good option, and an s9 would be a good choice. You may want the absolute best price to performance phone you can get, so the pocophone, an older phone, or another Chinese phone will be the best option. I personally value a good OS that's near stock android, with a good looking screen, really fast and smooth experience, and a lower than Samsung price. So, the 6t is perfect for me and my conditions. I don't really care about not having an ip rating or wireless charging or the best camera ever, so it's a good phone for me.

No one phone is perfect for everyone, and sometimes price isn't the main factor of why people buy phones. It's an added bonus when the phone with the right things for you is cheaper, but price isn't everything.

f1982, MGomes78 and G_alan_payne_vbuY like this.
  7. TheSarathChandra
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2018

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018

Waka_Yama likes this.
  8. TheSarathChandra
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2018

9. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2018

10. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2018

Topper_Gas , Oct 24, 2018 :
    You can't compare the Nokia 7.1 using a 710 SoC to the OP6 using the 845 SoC. Nokia seems to have run out of steam, as what's happened to this year's new/updated devices using the 845 SoC and a FS FP etc?

In the UK, and the rest of Europe?, If you don't want a Galaxy S9 or Huawei then the OP6T will take some beating.

11. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Oct 24, 2018

Bouncer71 , Oct 24, 2018 :
    Everything cool on the OP3 side...
    Still runs as always...
    Let's see if there's USB 3.1 and how the fingerprint scanner works... ;D

12. TheSarathChandra
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2018

TheSarathChandra , Oct 24, 2018 :
    wait until OP3 gets the pie update lol [e]1f602[/e]

13. Bouncer71

I can always go back...
    And there's plenty of custom ROMs... ;D

But I don't believe I will need it...

If what you say would be the case, why OP didn't trick me into buying the 5, 5t and the 6...?

14. Bouncer71

Phones are a personal statement...?
    I guess I'm too old to tell them apart without out seeing the Logo on the backside....

Sighn likes this.
  15. TheSarathChandra
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2018

Bouncer71

I can always go back...
    And there's plenty of custom ROMs... ;D

But I don't believe I will need it...

If what you say would be the case, why OP didn't trick me into buying the 5, 5t and the 6...?

cauz it never did a compromise as big as this before, REMOVING THE F'ing HEADPHONE JACK is the biggest thing they ever pulled off and now, they're seriously concerned about the sales of future Oneplus phones or maybe this is just my assumption. God Knows :)

Bouncer71 likes this.
  16. anchovies11
    Froyo Oct 24, 2018

anchovies11 , Oct 24, 2018 :
    Actually, I should change that. It's a your own decision on which one to buy.

Bouncer71 likes this.
  17. Bouncer71

Don't care about the headphone jack...
    All I'm interested in is moving thousands of files faster and a full functional fingerprint scanner on the front...
    Camera will probably be as good as the OP3...

18. TheSarathChandra
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2018

can't see that coming in near future but seriously they should know this at least, their software game has almost hit the ground. Camera's creating so much of noise and washing out the pics. Apps are hanging even with sd845 (8GB+128GB). Hope they acknowledge this and improve their software in the future :)

Bouncer71 likes this.
  19. Bouncer71

well I guess we'll find out in a couple of days... ;D
    If it's not what I expect I'm gonna buy a used OP3T...
    8D

20. TheSarathChandra
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2018

lol dude, that's the most appropriate thing you might wanna do [e]1f602[/e] but yeah, as you said let's wait for the boom [e]1f61c[/e]

Bouncer71 likes this.