189 vote(s)
    44.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G_alan_payne_vbuY
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2018

G_alan_payne_vbuY , Oct 26, 2018 :
    I'm with you on this. it's gonna be a great phone I'm sure.

2. Hellife
    Eclair Oct 26, 2018

3. bebop_cola
    Eclair Oct 26, 2018

bebop_cola , Oct 26, 2018 :
    Rumor has it that there may be purple

4. nilrb
    Jelly Bean Oct 26, 2018

nilrb , Oct 26, 2018 :
    Yes, getting costlier day by day!!:(
    It would be a new flagship killer now - Xiaomi may be the name.:rolleyes:

5. SiliconAddiction
    Gingerbread Oct 26, 2018

SiliconAddiction , Oct 26, 2018 :

The problem is that headphones are the ONLY product we accept less that half a day battery life as a perfectly acceptable compromise. If we only got half a day on a phone or a smartwatch or ultramobile laptops we would be screaming bloody murder. Its complete BS. General rule right now from every device I've looked at
    Earbuds: 3-6 hours.
    Neckband buds 8-12 (at best. Usually less that 10 hours)
    Cans (10-18 hours, Sony has a few that claim 20 hours with noise cancellation off that are in the $300 range.)

So if you want to get a device that gets good battery life you need to carry around clunky cans. Meanwhile BlueTooth still has problems from time to time with wireless. I am constantly having issues with earbuds in and the connection dropping to a single earbud for a a few seconds comes back and we are good for another 10 minutes before it does it again. I've gone through a few models. There is no such thing as always flawless audio connection on these things. This is on BT5 buds BTW. I NEVER in the past 17 years, of having smarphones / PDA's that can play music, have had issues with the headphone jack. It just works. Period. End of story.
    So in summary.
    -Poor battery life unless you get cans which aren't exactly throw in your pocket and take with you levels of portable.
    -Average to poor connections that can have issues. Unlike the headphone jack I have had issues with BT with updates from Samsung and Google.

All told you guys can make all the excuses you want but the tech is half baked right now. Maybe in 3-5 years we will get to a point where battery capacity will give us 10-15 hours on a charge. But for now its not happening on earbuds or neckbuds at least in the +12 hour range.

My goal when I was doing this research was to find neckband buds (Expecting earbuds to be able to do 10+ hours is unreasonable.) that gets 15 hours, has reliable hardware, charges fast, and has an advanced audio codec such as aptX. The closest I could find to that was LG neckbands, but that doesn't have aptX. And the general consensus of the reviewers on multiple sites was that the connection to phones was crap. It would drop the connection a lot. This wasn't a few reviews saying this its a lot. Making me assume the way they got 10-15 hours was by putting in a low power radio which was a major compromise. And that seems to be the general theme on wireless right now. Compromises that keep it from reaching a level that actively makes them a solid replacement for wired.

I have no problems with ditching old tech when there is something new an hawt.....but only when it is a solid replacement. The only thing wireless gives you is wireless. And while that is nice for exercising (Its why I picked up earbuds.) when I'm at my desk typing away for 9 hours I want to not have to worry about battery life on my earbuds. Right now I plug in my phone and just roll and that is exactly how things should be.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  6. anchovies11
    Froyo Oct 26, 2018

anchovies11 , Oct 26, 2018 :
    There's a couple of solutions to this problem.
    1. Use the dongle that One plus will most likely provide. If all your phone is doing is sitting on a desk playing music, you'll have plenty of battery life and won't need to worry about charging at the same time.
    If you're worried about losing it, look up "Dongle dangler" on amazon. It lets you attach the dongle to a keychain.
    2. Buy two cheaper BT headsets. Unless you're an audiophile, Mpow makes a lot of cheap headsets that work really well. I listen to a lot of music and the Mpow Cheetahs last me the whole day for $20. Sound quality is fine, and I've never had a problem with connections.
    3. Buy USB-C earbuds. There's a lot of them out there on Amazon.
    4. Get a OP 6 instead of the 6T. It's still an amazing phone, and has a headphone jack.

Yeah, it sucks that OP had to remove the headphone jack, and it would be a lot nicer and more convenient to have one, but dongles exist, and the phone will still be really good.

Waka_Yama likes this.
  7. Å¡£ā3¥ ‡ π0hā9
    Honeycomb Oct 26, 2018

8. SiliconAddiction
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2018

SiliconAddiction , Oct 27, 2018 :

I'm leaning towards the OP6 as I am not in the habit of rewarding companies for a bad design. And I don't buy that a headphone jack+fingerprint sensor+ larger battery it "doesn't fit". This industry obsession with needing things thinner than a CD case and sacrificing features because OMG Apple makes this trendy so we should do it needs to stop. An old school early 2K's DVD case is about the optimal size for a phone. Plenty of space for a large battery and plenty of space for features. I've got skinny jeans. An S8+ with an Otterbox on it can easily fit in them and that is a pretty boxy phone at that point. Zero excuses.

9. wlonsdale
    Froyo Oct 27, 2018

wlonsdale , Oct 27, 2018 :
    And they do it very successfully....

10. Eli_Gru
    Donut Oct 27, 2018

Eli_Gru , Oct 27, 2018 :
    I hope that this is the phone that'll be sold exclusively through a carrier. Not everyone can shell out the full price for a phone immediately, and an instalation plan alleviates thatthat issue.

11. nilrb
    Jelly Bean Oct 27, 2018

nilrb , Oct 27, 2018 :
    Prospective Samsung customers can cheer -S9plus at Rs. 45000 in Amazon. Can get additional discount/cashback of Rs. 4500 in ICICI/CITI creditcard payment.:p

Oneplus being quite costly in comparison!:(

12. Ajay Garg
    Froyo Oct 27, 2018

Ajay Garg , Oct 27, 2018 :
    Where? I still see Rs.62K in Amazon India.

13. nilrb
    Jelly Bean Oct 27, 2018

14. Abhi Dahiya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 27, 2018

Abhi Dahiya , Oct 27, 2018 :
    That price is with exchange offer. Not otherwise. Although they are offering quite a value if one is exchanging lower end devices.

My 3 year old Redmi Note 3 pro is fetching value of 13k. lol. I purchased it for 12k. Quite a deal if one is interested in Samsung devices.

nilrb likes this.
  15. Ajay Garg
    Froyo Oct 27, 2018

Ajay Garg , Oct 27, 2018 :
    Ah ok, with exchange. they are offering 13000 as cashback for my Oneplus 2. Also, Nilrb, the 10% cashback on ICICI and CITI credit cards is capped to a max of Rs.2000.

nilrb likes this.
  16. sachkharb

sachkharb , Oct 27, 2018 :

woo woo wooo.. it's too big to read bro.. well I can understand your theory and I really appreciate that

17. Zeeshan Gilani
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2018

18. xnutzii
    Lollipop Oct 27, 2018

xnutzii , Oct 27, 2018 :
    The price has not been officially announced yet. Expect 39k rupees or something in that range.

19. VenkUU

VenkUU , Oct 27, 2018 :
    About One Plus 6 And Price Of 6t ? Lol..[e]1f602[/e]
    Let Them Launch The Device First

20. xnutzii
    Lollipop Oct 27, 2018

xnutzii , Oct 27, 2018 :
    Oh! Haven't noticed it saying "OnePlus 6" in the title lol.

my oh my...

VenkUU likes this.