[CLOSED][UNOFFICIAL THREAD][INDIA]Update to OxygenOS 5.0.2/5.0.3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G_Manickam_Raman_VjNi
    Froyo Feb 3, 2018

G_Manickam_Raman_VjNi , Feb 3, 2018 :
    well just think abt it who illl pay me for another phone will u pay or one plus. after nugot oreo is full of bugs and problems. why don't they take time and give a proper release

2. Abhijitgoa
    Froyo Feb 3, 2018

Abhijitgoa , Feb 3, 2018 :
    You don't need to Factory reset for every update, it is required only when there is a change in Android version say from N to O, for regular updates you are only required to clear cache from storage and from recovery ( i.e. you go into recovery and select "Wipe Cache" and reboot) you don't lose any data.

3. G_Manickam_Raman_VjNi
    Froyo Feb 3, 2018

G_Manickam_Raman_VjNi , Feb 3, 2018 :
    i agree this phone superior but the sw makes it worse

Jazz Akhil likes this.
  4. NikhilKarde
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2018

5. G_Jagadeesh_n.b_bRao
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2018

6. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Feb 3, 2018

Sun90 , Feb 3, 2018 :
    Use oxygenOS updater app from Google play store and see.

7. Jazz Akhil
    Honeycomb Feb 3, 2018

Jazz Akhil , Feb 3, 2018 :
    Dude.. better use any custom rom of nougat.. it will solve your issue..i have no idea about the sw update... all i can tell is some of them who received the sw update.. have issues.. and some of them dont have any issue... better back up your data and reset it for the last time... and give it a try.. and check wether the problem continues.. if it still continues.. it is up to you.. you shd decide wether to use oneplus or not..

Deactivated User likes this.
  8. ash23
    Jelly Bean Feb 3, 2018

ash23 , Feb 3, 2018 :
    You don't really have to wipe anything if you don't want to. People in this forum just know a little more about mobile technology, and recognize that wiping cache and/or data can improve the experience you have after an update. You could do the same thing on any other device and you'd probably see less bugs. It's not a matter of having to do this stuff on this phone. If you really don't like it, buy another phone and be ignorant to the more effective ways of handling technology

9. SahilQureshi
    Honeycomb Feb 3, 2018

SahilQureshi , Feb 3, 2018 :
    I was curious that OnePlus will put up a thread for release of OOS 5.0.2 later as they do for betas nowadays, which they didn't. But as seen in this image, built number of OOS 5.0.2 can be seen in bug report form. So this somewhat confirms that it wasn't leaked.

Thoughts?
    1517643509405.jpg

Attached Files:

Anandu p likes this.
  10. Ehab_AbuAlSaoud
    Donut Feb 3, 2018

Sun90 likes this.
  11. G_Avee_B_Xaxb
    Jelly Bean Feb 3, 2018

G_Avee_B_Xaxb , Feb 3, 2018 :
    i guess they wont put up a thread. Nothin to write for, just a bug fix as changelog mentioned

12. Anandu p
    Honeycomb Feb 3, 2018

Anandu p , Feb 3, 2018 :

Who told you?

13. SahilQureshi
    Honeycomb Feb 3, 2018

SahilQureshi , Feb 3, 2018 :
    Jio? Most I know about it is that MyJio app was culprit for caller id showing up after few seconds of call made.

Sun90 likes this.
  14. Ehab_AbuAlSaoud
    Donut Feb 3, 2018

15. G_adel_shaikh_Bxmt
    Gingerbread Feb 3, 2018

G_adel_shaikh_Bxmt , Feb 3, 2018 :
    I guess this is because it is a selective update specifically for Indian users regarding Jio network don't know if other countries got it too

16. imran722
    Gingerbread Feb 3, 2018

imran722 , Feb 3, 2018 :
    bro OnePlus fixed network issues in India . all telecom operators sim was not working in sim slot 1. they fixed it now there is no issues network related in India. thanx OnePlus.

Sun90 likes this.
  17. Anandu p
    Honeycomb Feb 3, 2018

Anandu p , Feb 3, 2018 :
    There were no issues related to network on my OnePlus 3T, and I'm from India.

snjohn and SahilQureshi like this.
  18. HARI_HP
    Gingerbread Feb 3, 2018

19. Bogeyd
    Gingerbread Feb 3, 2018

Bogeyd , Feb 3, 2018 :
    Did you check which app is using the battery?

Yesterday I noticed some drain with Google Play Services.
    Screenshot_20180203-105857.jpg

20. kunal.h222
    KitKat Feb 3, 2018

kunal.h222 , Feb 3, 2018 :
    reboot into safe mode n use your phone in safe mode n see if keys are working or not