[CLOSED] Update policy for Oneplus 7T via OnePlus 7T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. premchandra1993
    Gingerbread Dec 1, 2020

premchandra1993 , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 1, 2020 :
    It's almost more than 1 month since we get last beta update in Oneplus 7T. According to the Oneplus update policy, Oneplus beta update was supposed to get at least one beta update in a month. This is not the first time they are delaying update but last month too Oneplus 7T get update after 46 days of the release of last beta update. Oneplus, Did you forget your update policy? This is how you treated last year phone. Now someone from Oneplus is likely to close this thread for asking Android update. I am not asking Android update here, I am asking why late update. Don't you have enough developer in your team? Why don't you hired more developer?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020

L1532259047676 and iamsiddhant_t like this.
  2. B_Wrath
    Nougat Dec 1, 2020

B_Wrath , Dec 1, 2020 :
    All beta related queries must be done on the beta thread.
    Don't create duplicate threads.

And it's approximately one a month. It's been 32 days since the last build. It's within the timeline.

3. premchandra1993
    Gingerbread Dec 1, 2020

premchandra1993 , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Before last beta update 46 days, this time 32 days and still counting but no update?

4. B_Wrath
    Nougat Dec 1, 2020

B_Wrath , Dec 1, 2020 :
    I'm a user just like you. What do you expect me to answer?

And software updates are prone to delays due to last minute show stopper bugs. And yes, I partially agree with you that there are multiple devices to cater and your phone is a year old. It will be down the priority order.

5. philos64
    Community Hero 2020 Dec 1, 2020

philos64 , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Hi,

What I'm about to write may not please you, but I find this post personally inappropriate, slightly vindictive and unhelpful, and I am solely responsible for it. I am nothing on this forum, just a member who owns an OP 7T and is quietly waiting.

But I would like to point out that with the period we are living in, with this pandemic, nothing is easy or facilitated.
    I am not defending OnePlus, but I would like to point out that behind this logo, this brand, there are men and women who are trying to maintain the development of our smartphones.
    What would you prefer to have a functional smartphone with limited bugs and updates with a little delay (for my part, yes ! ) or fixed-date updates with a little more bugs because time is running out for some.
    There will always be bugs, because computing and smartphone development is not an exact science.

So please be patient, and simply enjoy life. Life is already stressful by itself.

Thank you for reading me and sorry if I offended you, but I think my answer is appropriate.

Enjoy a good time

6. Dsquared1955 , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Well said!
    Most of these update threads (and there are way too many) are complaining about beta updates, which, by their nature, are "buggy". I have the OP 7T Pro McLaren 5G, so not only am I waiting for stable releases, I also have to wait for T-Mobile to sift through it. said:
    Patience is a virtue. A late update, in the grand scheme of things, is a trifling matter.
    It will arrive...

philos64 likes this.
  7. Sheppards
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2020

Attached Files:

8. Rishabh1619
    Froyo Dec 1, 2020

Rishabh1619 , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 1, 2020 :
    All I ever see most of the time in this community is where is my update, where is Oxygen os 11. We will get the update it may be sometime after the said timeline but we will get it. Updates usually solve minor bugs and very rarely a new update provides a new feature. Even if you go into custom roms, the situation is the same. We get it you're facing a bug, it may be due to the update was caused by Oxygen updater or a faulty app you downloaded from a different source. What I've seen is updating through Oxygen updater causes most of the bugs as bypasses everything and provides you the update irrespective of it being stable or not. Hold on a bit find solutions on the community rather than being impatient. If the problem is too severe go to the service center, show them the problem rather than staying at home and whining about the software issue you're facing. Please be patient as patient as the company is trying to do it's best in such an upredictable time. At the most also try finding solutions yourself.

Thank you!!!
    Hope you have a better understanding now!!

9. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Dec 1, 2020

pablofg1978 , Dec 1, 2020 :
    hello there,
    Please read and use this thread for further discussion
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...beta-program-past-present-and-future.1229405/
    Thread closed