[Closed]Video potrait via OnePlus 7T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arpit_Phadnis09
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2021

Arpit_Phadnis09 , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 23, 2021 :
    Why there is no option for recording video potrait in latest oxygen os 11 beta 1 in OnePlus 7t series. Does it coming in future updates or there will be no video potrait mode for OnePlus 7t series.
    1611379773556.jpg

premchandra1993 likes this.
  2. Arjun_Choudhry
    Jelly Bean Jan 23, 2021

Arjun_Choudhry , Jan 23, 2021 :
    Did OnePlus promise portrait video support? No. Wait and see if they add it, although I wouldn't hold my breath for it.
    Discussions about the Beta should be limited to the official beta thread. Check the forum rules before creating redundant threads.

McJader, ghostofcain and Sheppards like this.
  3. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jan 23, 2021

ghostofcain , Jan 23, 2021 :
    Why you no post, issues with beta builds in beta thread?

McJader and Arjun_Choudhry like this.
  4. premchandra1993
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2021

premchandra1993 , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 23, 2021 :
    Can you please provide me the list of promises made by Oneplus for Oneplus 7 series? Portrait video feature is available for Oneplus 8 series and why we won't expect in Oneplus 7 series??? Also, there is no always on display feature in Oneplus 7 series.....

5. Arjun_Choudhry
    Jelly Bean Jan 23, 2021

AOD will be available "in subsequent builds". Try reading the Beta thread properly.
    Maybe the ISP in the Snapdragon 855 is not as powerful as the one in the 865. Processing Bokeh at 30fps requires lots of processing power. Either way, if you get it, great. If not, nothing anyone can do about it.

McJader likes this.
  6. premchandra1993
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2021

Yea, realme X2 pro with same Snapdragon 855+ can have portrait video feature but not for Oneplus 7T. Yea, good Joke.

7. Arjun_Choudhry
    Jelly Bean Jan 23, 2021

Exactly why I mentioned "maybe". Are you dumb, or just trying to pick a fight?
    Edit: Also, how do you know if it isn't in the roadmap? All anyone here can do is speculate. I'd rather take the addition of a feature, which isn't announced for a device, with a pinch of salt, instead or fretting and fuming to fellow users over it. Either ways, you're most likely not getting the feature, and you can't do anything about it

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021

McJader likes this.
  8. premchandra1993
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2021

So what are the list of feature announced by Oneplus for Oneplus 7 series.. ? Now, don't say it is mention in changelog of oxygen os 11 beta ROM. Also, if you don't know the official announcement from Oneplus don't kept on providing false information like Snapdragon 855 Plus is not powerful for portrait video feature...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021

9. Arjun_Choudhry
    Jelly Bean Jan 23, 2021

I mentioned that "maybe" OnePlus doesn't think the the 855/855+ has an ISP as powerful as the 865 (factually true, as the ISP on the 865 is significantly faster), so they didn't enable it. It is upto OnePlus if they think they can get the feature to work properly. Considering you want to twist my statement and use it against me, let me get it across to you in a way you may understand. OnePlus brought this feature with OOS 11 to the 8 series, and this was available in the OOS 11 Beta as well. Does the 7 series Beta have it? No. Did OnePlus mention that it will be there in a future update? No. Did OnePlus mention that AOD will be added in a future update? Yes. Can we hope for AOD? Yes. Can we hope for Portrait Video? It would be stupid to do so. What can be the possible reasons for this? The ISP on the 865 is more powerful than the one on the 855 (which is what I claimed and you twisted). Thus, the 865 is better equipped to handle intensive tasks like portrait video. The 855 is less capable than the 865 (again what I claimed, and you twisted), for whatever reason (heat, bottlenecking, battery drain, ram usage), although it still may be capable enough to do so without much trouble. But the 855 will not be able to do so as smoothly and efficiently as the 865.
    Considering there isn't an official statement about it, you can't just assume that it will be there in a future update, nor can you criticize OnePlus over it as they never said they will provide it to you.
    It's like saying, OnePlus never mentioned that they will not provide all OnePlus 8 users with a free Oneplus 9, so I am angry that they did not give me one.
    You want a feature, feel free to use the feedback section of the forums to request/fight for it.
    Again, go up and read my previous statement about it.
    "Maybe the ISP in the Snapdragon 855 is not as powerful as the one in the 865". Try to read first, then try to prove a point. My point still stands.

ghostofcain and McJader like this.
  10. Arjun_Choudhry
    Jelly Bean Jan 23, 2021

I never said that. I said the ISP of the 855 is not as powerful as the one on the 865.
    Which means that the 855 will not be able to handle portrait video AS WELL AS 865.
    Maybe stop lying so blatantly.

ghostofcain and McJader like this.
  11. Cervantes
    Moderator Moderator Jan 23, 2021

Cervantes , Jan 23, 2021 :
    Hi
    Please, use the latest beta thread for questions and comments, read the first post: Here

no need to ask for the changelog
    You can check the first post of the beta thread it has the changelog from beta testing
    not all beta tests are included in the next update

Use the search engine before opening a new thread: Search

Read the forum rules: Rules
    Thread closed

Best regards, Cervantes, Forum Moderator

ghostofcain likes this.