[CLOSED] What do you think about OnePlus 7-series update policy? via OnePlus 7T Pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devourerOfBits80
    Honeycomb Mar 3, 2021

devourerOfBits80 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Mar 3, 2021 :
    As we know, OnePlus completely igonred the 7T-series devices. From the time, when the 7T and 7T Pro have been released, we couldn't count on them never, because they only delivered to us security patches and bug fixes.

I've created this thread because beta testers are currently nervous that people who are still complaining, much hinder the readability of the OB3 thread. So... this is the thread for the 7T-series users, who want to thank OnePlus support.

The fundamental question is... What do you think about the OnePlus 7-series update policy? Please note in this place, that OnePlus 7 Pro has received major update from 9 to 10 approximately half year after it has been released. Quite similar is with the OnePlus 8 Pro, that has been updated from 10 to 11 in approximately 5 months. But what about OnePlus 7T Pro? What about device that is only 6 months older than 8 Pro? Nothing! Absolutely nothing! Currently, a year and a half has passed, and the OnePlus 7T Pro still waits for the first major update! The flagship device waits a year and a half for one fu...ing major update! Please shere your opinions with me and with OnePlus company.

Regards,

Ciplo, djorghios and G.Madhusudhan like this.
  2. Aaron2017
    KitKat Mar 3, 2021

Aaron2017 , Mar 3, 2021 :
    Just to clarify why we get "nervous" in the beta thread, it's because that's meant for beta related issues and of the 43 pages, maybe 6 are about actual beta, the rest is the where's my update and endless lists of phones who run A11 already and OnePlus sucks show. Which annoys me, because i have to sift through all these pages to get to actual beta related posts.

3. devourerOfBits80
    Honeycomb Mar 3, 2021

devourerOfBits80 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Mar 3, 2021 :
    I completely understand you, so I've created this thread on purpose to avoid complaining in the OB3 thread. I hope that this helps, and the people will be share their opinions here. 🙂

4. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Mar 3, 2021

pablofg1978 , Mar 3, 2021 :
    Hello there,
    There is no need to create new threads, there are threads already open for discussion
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/software-update-excitement-thread.993639/
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/a-notice-about-oxygenos-11-for-our-previous-devices.1351579/

The oneplus 7 series participated on the google development preview program for android 10, same as the 8 series for android 11, that is why it took less time to release android 10 for the 7 series and android 11 for the 8 series.
    Furthermore, as it was explained on the second link that I shared with you, the 7 and 7t series had a decryption issue related with their SOC, that afected the release of android 11 for that series.
    Oneplus already released the beta 3, stable update will be released soon
    Please, use the existing threads already open for discussion
    If you feel that your device did not get the attention that deserves, I suggest you to use this page to submit your feedback directly to oneplus
    Https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback
    Thread closed

ghostofcain likes this.