[CLOSED] What do you think about Oxygen OS via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dipto79
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2020

Dipto79 , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Aug 11, 2020 :
    I like oxygen os i don't hate but this is not fair try to understand this fact.
    I am using 7t i don't think that SD855+ or like 6 series processor can't handle android 11/oxygen os 11. Company like Appel they push latest update last 5years old phone in oxygen os they can't push just 7-8 years old phone. I think this is just business policy company like OnePlus should look at this.

Again I'm saying i don't hate oxygen os. And don't use bad words in comments. Try to understand this things

Peace ️

Never Settle

2. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Aug 11, 2020

pablofg1978 , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Hello there,
    How it is not fair?
    OnePlus update policy is pretty clear and consistent for the past years. When you bought your device, you knew this policy and how many years of support you will get. So.... Why is now not fair?
    Apple makes their own phone, their own soc and their own OS. If you want what they offer, you are more than welcome to get it. And you should also know that this extended support doesn't come without compromises, it is known that Apple reduces the speed of older devices on their software updates.
    OnePlus, except for Google itself, is, as far as I know, the only of the android phones manufacturers that supports their devices for 3 years. Prove of that is the op3/t and the op5/t.
    And comming back to your Apple comparison, on Android you have an amazing development community, where you still use custom ROMs on your device for many years and still receive updates periodically. I still have my OnePlus one, a device 6 years old running Android 9 and receiving updates.
    There is nothing unfair when a company sticks to their public and well know software update policy.
    Is you that should choose based on your needs. Most ppl change their phone before those 3 years.

Please read and use this thread for further discussion
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/software-update-excitement-thread.993639/unread
    Thread closed

Sheppards and yashwant24 like this.