[CLOSED]When One Plus 7 Stopped Getting an Update via OnePlus 7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gpers
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2021

gpers , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 20, 2021 :
    Hi guys I've been using my OP7 for almost 1.5 years and so far satisfied except for typo.

This is the only phone which I always struggling to text in long due to typo all the time.

But my question here is

When will OP7 get last firmware and security update since its release in 2019?

To be honest I don't plan to buy OP again because it has no official store in my country and the price is now no longer flagship killer.

I think if this phone broken I will move to entry level iPhone like SE 2 or ROG 3 in the future. Both price wise and power are enough for my gaming and work.

Thanks any answer truly appreciated

2. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Jan 20, 2021

Artemus. , Jan 20, 2021 :
    Are you asking how long the device will be supported till it reaches EOL?

Tokolozi likes this.
  3. gpers
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2021

What is EOL? Yes when the support is ended. Most Android I know only around 2 years. Reason I bought OP instead of Samsung because of price and many people here said it's good which is yes it is. But if I were not mistaken the support is a year longer than Samsung in terms of OS and security update. That's what I want to know bro

4. Artemus.

EOL = End Of Life. Each device has a 3 year support policy: two years of feature updates, one year of strictly security patch updates.

Tokolozi likes this.
  5. gpers
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2021

So it means Android OS update for this year will be the last for my OP7?

6. Artemus.

Android 12, yes.

Tokolozi likes this.
  7. gpers
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2021

Sad to hear this as personally I think a mobile phone should last for 3-5 years of usage. Unless you are a heavy tech consumer. I hope when the times come I can still stick to OnePlus and they finally open their official store in Indonesia. It doesn't have to be brick and mortar one. Official digital store with solid after sales support will be very nice.

The growth of Chinese brand android mobile here is really promising. I just can't understand why OP plug out from here with the regulatory reason while other players like OPPO and VIVO and Xiaomi growing fiercely here taking lot of Samsung market.

8. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Jan 20, 2021

Tokolozi , Jan 20, 2021 :
    The only brands really doing more than 3y now are Apple and Google. For the rest most give 2 to 3 years of updates.

MRTLima likes this.
  9. gpers
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2021

Apple exceeds my expectations in most area and yeah I'm both system user. Just with Android I struggle not to change my phone after 2 years. Coz afterward it getting laggy, annoying and buggy. Google also not officially available here in Indonesia. So I really hope even after 3 years my OP7 still do nice job

10. gpers
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2021

And to be honest I was Apple hater since its release until 2017. Now all my stuffs are Apple. I think many Android brand needs to learn from their approach

Tilds likes this.
  11. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Jan 20, 2021

pablofg1978 , Jan 20, 2021 :
    Indeed
    Please, use the search before creating a new thread. There are similar threads already open and answered.
    You can read and use this thread for further discussion
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/software-update-excitement-thread.993639/unread
    Thread closed

Tokolozi and Artemus. like this.