Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N1597485097393
    Cupcake May 9, 2021

2. McJader
    Marshmallow May 9, 2021

McJader , May 9, 2021 :
    The update schedule is bimonthly.
    You'll get the May security patch next, probably by end of May.

Arjun_Choudhry likes this.
  3. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 9, 2021

Does!Compute , May 9, 2021 :
    Have you even read the update policy? Or are you just spamming?
    There is 1 update every 2 months. Search before creating redundant threads. Next update is expected to be around May end

vineetn12 and McJader like this.
  4. bpwest80
    KitKat May 9, 2021

bpwest80 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 9, 2021 :
    As long as customers are cool with Oneplus update policy it will never change. Seems like most people are cool with not receiving timely updates or getting an update every two or three months. I'm cool with it as well, other than security patches. Oneplus has more phones than they're able to support evidently. Plus if you don't have the latest phone from Oneplus you shouldn't expect the latest updates on time. Main reason the 8 Pro will be my last Oneplus device. I wouldn't even have it if I didn't get it dirt cheap. But I also have a Pixel 4 XL so I can keep up with the latest and greatest updates. That way if there is a terrible security vulnerability that needs to be patched right away I can switch to my 4 XL until Oneplus pushes out the patch in a couple months. Better safe than sorry I guess. But just Google about Oneplus and how they update phones and you'll see they aren't the best at it and as long as people keep giving them their money nothing will change. On the other hand I still like my 8 Pro more than my 4 XL other than the cameras. 8 Pro has higher refresh rate, bigger display, better battery life and it's a bit faster. 4 XL takes the win on updates and cameras. Pros and cons to every device. Just my two cents but my two cents is only worth a penny. 🤷🏻‍♂️

devmittal29 likes this.
  5. Cervantes
    Moderator Moderator May 9, 2021

Cervantes , May 9, 2021 :
    Hello
    Please, Read the forum rules: Rules

Use
    the search engine before opening a new thread: Search

Check and use the latest update thread for questions and comments, read the first post: Here

Question answered
    Thread unapproved by forum rules

Best regards, Cervantes, Forum Moderator

pablofg1978 likes this.