[CLOSED]Where is the damn update 10.3.6 for OnePlus 7 series that you so reading announced a week via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darsh93
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

Darsh93 , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Oct 29, 2020 :
    I've had enough now, every damn update is staged rollout? Are we guinea pigs? Our phones always used to test your damn update? Why can't you just release an update like every company does. @OnePlus so confidently announces updates but always under or never delivers. I'm tired of this phone. Using a OnePlus 7 which is just a year and 3 months old I already feel left out. Where as my another iphone 8 is receiving and will continue to receive updates along side the latest iPhone 12 series. We're damn tires of the crap OnePlus is putting out and needles to say I'll make sure that many people along with me will switch to a better brand than OnePlus. We're just don't. Good riddance

2. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 29, 2020

camohan , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Hi there, do you understand what staged roll out means and what's its purpose?

3. Darsh93
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

Hi, I don't care. How come every rollout is staged? I'm being reported for misconduct for only reporting something that is wrong with their services? This is bullying and arm-twisting. Do you understand that? I don't care who you are and whatever you've to say. Staged rollout takes weeks and sometimes month too? That's what you mean by staged rollout? Then sure as hell I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND

Ashutosh1808 and 1bhavin12001 like this.
  4. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 29, 2020

dsmonteiro , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Hi there,

Staged rollouts are a common practice across the industry. Most, if not all, companies use this technique. Even though software updates are tested before being released, some bugs, due to their nature, only show up when thousands of people use the device, be it because they are issues that have a very low occurrence rate or simply because they only happen with certain carriers, regions or when certain very specific use scenarios occur.

To avoid that many people get affected by these unforeseen bugs, the updates first rollout to a few users and then incrementally reach more people. This is done for your benefit, not to annoy you or make your user experience worse.

Bouncer71, sritejkoduru and RonaldM like this.
  5. Darsh93
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

Believe it or not, it is making our experience worse. Just go check the thread where @Abdul B. has announced the update 10.3.6 for OnePlus 7 series. You'll know how unhappy people are and sure that they're switching. Else I'll make sure that they're. Cause enough is enough. We're done waiting so much all the time. You do your testing on your end and then release, rather than announce and never or under deliver. Thank you and bye

Ashutosh1808 likes this.
  6. Basudev7
    Froyo Oct 29, 2020

Basudev7 , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Staged rollout of update is actually beneficial for the cellphone owner as it helps to identify bugs- i.e. hidden before it affects a large population holding same phone. So don't worry about it.

sritejkoduru likes this.
  7. dsmonteiro

To refer to your claim that you were reported for misconduct, you were warned because you insulted someone, not because you asked for an update. You're free to question about updates, it's your right as a customer. We just ask you kindly to do it in a polite way. Thank you for your understanding.

Again, I understand that you and other people may be unhappy. But I'm sure they would be even more unhappy if they faced severe bugs, and since some bugs simply cannot be reproduced through internal testing, this will still be needed. Still, I will forward this feedback, thank you for your understanding.

Bouncer71 and sritejkoduru like this.
  8. Darsh93
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

You know right no one gives a damn about what you've to say. People are unhappy as hell. And I insulted someone? It wasn't even a bad word. Go read again. You're arm-twisting and policing, modern day bullying here. So don't give me that crap. And THE BIGGEST INSULT IS CUSTOMERS WHO ALREADY PAID FOR YOUR SERVICES ARE LEFT OUT BEGGING FOR IT CAUSE YOU GUYS ARE TOO BUSY MAKING MONEY, DOING NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES AND TREATING ONLY A YEAR OLD PHONE LIKE IT DOESN'T EXIST. ADMIT IT, YOUR SERVICE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Darsh93
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

I'm going to make this as public as possible, and you'll see. Yes it's a threat, a reaction to your bullying. Let's see how you like it when on the receiving end. 🤗🤗🤗

Ashutosh1808 likes this.
  10. dsmonteiro

Again, being displeased with the software updates does not give you the right to insult people. And yes, calling someone the husband of a whore is an insult, even if it's in hindi and shortwritten. You are free to participate in the forums while following the rules. That includes being critical about updates but it certainly does not include insulting others.

Bouncer71 and sritejkoduru like this.
  11. Russel.lopes
    Froyo Oct 29, 2020

Russel.lopes , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Dude why are you so hyper?..it's just an update which is taking s little longer to arrive than expected..have a little patience and you'll receive it soon enough. Peace✌️

pablofg1978 likes this.
  12. Darsh93
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

It's not about just an update, it's about the ******* service. And if you don't understand that after the whole conversation I had above, then don't comment bro. Peace ✌️

13. Russel.lopes
    Froyo Oct 29, 2020

Russel.lopes , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 29, 2020 :
    What I understood is a frustrated person throwing his anger around about updates.. maybe if you be a little constructive..a little kinder..it would help . If not, then sad..but I'm sure oneplus would be happy to lose a customer like you.

pablofg1978 likes this.
  14. Darsh93
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

Yes bro, you're right about me being frustrated as hell, and that's thanks to OnePlus. Also yes I'm throwing it around cause it's enough, I'm only asking for the service I already paid which OnePlus ain't delivering. So don't preach bro. I'm totally right on my end to be doing what I'm doing. I tried the kinder way, didn't work. Hence.......

15. B_Wrath
    Nougat Oct 29, 2020

B_Wrath , Oct 29, 2020 :
    They are. Most companies do staged rollout.
    Speak for yourself. I'm not.
    It doesn't matter if he knows. It's an insult and it is against the forum rules.
    You paid for the phone and the already avaliable update schedule. You didn't pay for being entitled.

pablofg1978 likes this.
  16. SajanKohli
    Froyo Oct 29, 2020

SajanKohli , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Yaa... Its been almost a week.. but still not received 10.3.6 update... OnePlus should not forget that even Oneplus 7 Series was also an Flagship series at the time it was launched... But now I have noticed that we are not getting updates on time...

Ni3_chavan and Darsh93 like this.
  17. yashwant24
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Oct 29, 2020

yashwant24 , Oct 29, 2020 :
    What I can understand is that you're just a frustrated user.
    You just don't understand how software world works and comparing iphone with Android is one of the most silly things.
    Apple is totally different from Android.
    It is like you're comparing Windows with some other operating system.
    If OnePlus rolls out buggy update to users, then it's the users who will complain again about the same bugs. So a precaution is always better. Staged roll out is a good practice that many appreciates.

pablofg1978 and Gdsingh9 like this.
  18. Darsh93
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

I'm definitely entitled. Ya exclude yourself, we don't care, also like I said it's has nothing to do with people who are blind OnePlus fanboys

19. Darsh93
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

What should I do with update schedule? You mean I paid for update schedule? Do you know how ridiculous you sound right now 🤣

20. Darsh93
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

The frustration came over time bro cause of how OnePlus treats it's older devices. It wasn't born yesterday. It's about their service. God, how come people don't understand this point??!!!