[CLOSED]Where is the damn update 10.3.6 for OnePlus 7 series that you so reading announced a week

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darsh93
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

Darsh93 , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Staged rollout doesn't means weeks and sometimes even months AFTER ANNOUNCING

2. B_Wrath
    Nougat Oct 29, 2020

B_Wrath , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Don't kid yourself.
    You don't know an ounce about the fight I had with OnePlus when they actually were at fault.

But here. You are just being a sore loser.
    If you can't comprehend the logic behind it, maybe you don't even know what you are ranting about.
    If you are the odd one out, maybe you are the one who is wrong? Think about it.
    It has always been a couple of weeks and never more than three weeks. Please give me one proof of it being months.

3. Darsh93
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

Nope, totally disagree with you. I don't know and don't care about what beef you had with OnePlus. It doesn't make you special in anyway. I'm here raising voice for like minded people like me, WHO ARE PISSED ABOUT THE SERVICE, IT AIN'T JUST ABOUT AN UPDATE. ITS ABOUT THEIR ATTITUDE TOWARDS OLDER DEVICES AND THEIR GREEDINESS FOR MONEY BY JUST FOCUSING ON NEW LAUNCHES. YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT THAT TOO. THEN MAYBE YOU'LL HAVE YOUR EUREKA MOMENT OF REALISATION

4. mauryapankaj , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Oct 29, 2020 :
    10.3.6 announced week ago but what about 10.3.5 it's been month now.. if something taking time means this roll out also has major issue.. that's why it's not reached to anyone...and announcing another build version will not compensate older release

Darsh93 likes this.
  5. Darsh93
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

Lol it literally took them more than one and a half month for android 10 update. They always do this, announce things, updates, create hype and then always under deliver. Think about it

1bhavin12001 likes this.
  6. B_Wrath
    Nougat Oct 29, 2020

B_Wrath , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Did I claim that? I just said that for you calling me a blind fanboy (by the way, so original), which I am not.
    Again, on par with other android OEMs.
    I'm not clear on what you want to convey.
    Can you be more precise?
    Again, on par with any android OEM. Apart from Google and android one, of course.

7. Darsh93
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

Nope, just the crappy attitude OnePlus has with it's older Customers and older devices. And their update method and delivery just puts emphasis on that. I got no beef with you. So nevermind bro. Agree to disagree. Don't care won't care. Bye

8. SandeshChinchapur
    Jelly Bean Oct 29, 2020

SandeshChinchapur , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Then learn from those "if not all". Anyways your staged rollout policy didn't benifit anyone yet, Android 10 is still buggy even after a year. If you really want this stupid policy, then release your update 15 days prior to the dead end to your so called 'limited users'(which I'm not sure if even a single person has received 10.3.6) and then take your own time to test.
    It's all easy to debate here, I'll complain, you'll defend, but eventually it's gonna be your loss, OnePlus's loss. Trust me, with the increased sales and the #1 selling phone tag, it is also true that the OnePlus fans who were once used to timely updates are disappointed. Not to forget the UI change, thats for some other day. So take it as feedback or not, theres nothing to loose for us, but alot for you as a company.

Ashutosh1808 and Darsh93 like this.
  9. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 29, 2020

dsmonteiro , Oct 29, 2020 :
    In what ways do you believe this would be a better user experience to not inform users when an update is starting to roll out? As soon as the roll out starts, it's quite common to see many users flocking to the forums, creating threads asking info about the update. It's also common to see people confused about the lack of an official thread for the update. I can share some examples if you like.

I do agree that there can be improvements on the progress of the rollout is communicated, especially when updates are halted because of an unforeseen bug. Hopefully this is an area where we can improve in the future.

On a sidenote, the policy you call stupid is used by all industry leaders. As an example, major Windows 10 updates may take months to rollout to all users. There are numerous examples where this hasn't been done in the past has led to dire consequences, like having thousands of people without access to emergency calls or bricked phones. I don't think it's correct to point out specific companies, but you can find many examples online if you google it.

ShreyasPatil_ likes this.
  10. 1bhavin12001
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

1bhavin12001 , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Blue , Oct 29, 2020 :
    No i m in total favour with him..... every word he said is correct

Darsh93 likes this.
  11. SandeshChinchapur
    Jelly Bean Oct 29, 2020

SandeshChinchapur , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Never said don't inform about the rollout, if you start rolling out 15 days prior to 2 months deadline then no one would question about the update. Instead you'll get your own time to test, and end users will be happy to recieve the bimonthly updated as promised. So its a win-win this way.

Darsh93 and 1bhavin12001 like this.
  12. Darsh93
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

OMG, never in my life I've seen a person putting across such strong points, you demolished the other dude, bro. More power to you. Cheers!

SandeshChinchapur likes this.
  13. jokerrrr
    Eclair Oct 29, 2020

jokerrrr , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Oh sir its our money if you will play with us then we know how to play with you and we will play hard because we are consumers and yes we are god for you because its our money which helps you to have you daily food so don't argue with us just give what we want because we have payed we are not begging to you its as simple as it is just give us features and updates for what money u take from us serve as as like that

Darsh93 likes this.
  14. Darsh93
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

All you can do is defend your sorry self but won't take an effort to improve. ITS JUST ABOUT THE ATTITUDE ONEPLUS HAS FOR ITS OLDER CUSTOMERS CAUSE ALL IT CARES IS ABOUT SALES, MONEY AND NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES!!! Copy the bold text and write It 100 times so that you memorize and understand it bro.

15. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Oct 29, 2020

pablofg1978 , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Hello there,
    I'm closing this thread, this has been explained many many many times.
    All the updates released by oneplus are staged rollouts, if you want the update on day one after it has been released, you are more than free to install it manually, for this you can download it using the links that are avaiable shortly after the update is realeased, you can find them in the official update thread or by using a third party app from the playstore, this app downloads the update directly from the oneplus servers.
    If you think that the current update process can be improved, I invite you to use the feedback section to submit your ideas
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback
    You can read and use the official update thread if you have any questions about the manual update procedure
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-for-the-oneplus-7-pro-and-oneplus-7.1327938/
    And you can also use this thread for discussion about update policies
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/software-update-excitement-thread.993639/unread
    Finally, I humble request you to to mind your language when you reply to others, most ppl here are users like you and me.
    Thread closed

superplus likes this.