[CLOSED]whether to try the oxygen os 11 via OnePlus 8 Pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bangbang
    Donut Aug 9, 2020

bangbang , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 9, 2020 :
    should I try oxygen os 11 being released today?? and I do not consider my self to be part of the 'technically inclined' part of this community.

2. bangbang
    Donut Aug 9, 2020

3. EthanMaskie
    Froyo Aug 9, 2020

EthanMaskie , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Don't try it if you aren't technically inclined. Until the final stable version has been released, the beta versions will have bugs that will limit functionality, daily usage, etc.

Vansh99, bangbang and JelleZon like this.
  4. JelleZon
    Lollipop Aug 9, 2020

JelleZon , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Well will still based on the last developer preview, just with more Oxygen OS 11 features.

It's no open beta like on 7/7t series.

I don't think it will be daily driver ready or stable, just to test and try it.

Vansh99 and bangbang like this.
  5. bangbang
    Donut Aug 9, 2020

6. bangbang
    Donut Aug 9, 2020

won't the final version of oxygen os11 overwrite the beta version even if I have it on my phone?

7. bangbang
    Donut Aug 9, 2020

won't the final version of oxygen os11 overwrite the beta version even if I have it on my phone?

8. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Aug 9, 2020

Swejuggalo , Aug 9, 2020 :
    DP3 probably wipes the phone like previous DPs did. Hopefully it does not bootloop like the other 2 eventually did...
    That would be a possible scenario. Bootlooping and you can't even downgrade normally. That would involve other recovery methods.
    So the question is are you willing to risk that? DP1 and 2 worked at first... Then some component that updates already at setup gets updated. Then the bootlooping began.
    Read the other comments before deciding. Also read about unbrick tools. I guess that would help you to know if you should try or not.

bangbang likes this.
  9. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 9, 2020 :
    DP3 would probably offer flashing open beta eventually. You need to revert to stable manually if you want that. And that will get you one more wipe.

10. JelleZon
    Lollipop Aug 9, 2020

JelleZon , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Yes, but probably with data loss

Remember this will be a developer preview based version. Android 11 is not even out yet and still in beta phase.

When Google is going to release Android 11 officially and stable in September then the first Oxygen OS 11 Open beta will likely follow. After a couple of open Betas the Oxygen OS 11 stable version will be release.

Developer preview = buggy
    Open beta = mostly stable, could have some bugs
    Stable = hopefully stable haha

EthanMaskie and bangbang like this.
  11. bangbang
    Donut Aug 9, 2020

12. B1577164843942
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

13. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Aug 10, 2020