[CLOSED]Will There Be A Stable Android Nought Update for Oneplus 3T ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaybajaj1902
    Froyo Jan 9, 2017

jaybajaj1902 , Jan 9, 2017 :
    Looking at these issues faced in the Android N update. I am really not interested in updating to the Android N right now. But I want to know if there will be stable Android N update available after solving most of the common issues.
    I am ready to wait another month or two.
    All I need from my OnePlus 3 T is to give me Flagship like hassle free performance.

I have experienced a Moto G4 plus before and after Android N. And that phone has become awesome after the update.
    But things seem to be going the opposite way with OnePlus right now.

G_Anto_z007_qHaN likes this.
  2. jaybajaj1902
    Froyo Jan 9, 2017

3. dmroopesh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 9, 2017

4. jaybajaj1902
    Froyo Jan 9, 2017

cssoz likes this.
  5. Pratap_Sawant
    Froyo Jan 9, 2017

Pratap_Sawant , Jan 9, 2017 :
    issues were announced with the update to make it more stable...

6. Pratap_Sawant
    Froyo Jan 9, 2017

Pratap_Sawant , Jan 9, 2017 :
    Bugs are cleared when people update and submit bug reports... Just sitting and waiting for stable update not gonna help...

7. seganaUK
    Gingerbread Jan 9, 2017

seganaUK , Jan 9, 2017 :
    The current build is pretty damn stable in all honesty. I've had zero issues with.

Obviously there are some issues for a small number of users as is highlighted in forum posts, but try to think of it a different way...there's likely a hell of a lot more users out there with OnePlus 3T's running nougat than there are nougat related 3T bug posts suggesting that the majority of users aren't experiencing the raised issues.

Also take into account that some of the issues raised quite possibly aren't nougat related. I've come across quite a lot of posts where either:

- not an actual issue/bug
    - issue is actually the user, not the device/nougat
    - easily solved by wiping dalvik cache
    - easily solved by giving the device a day to settle
    - solved by factory resetting (obviously not an ideal solution)

Again, not saying the nougat release is flawless, but it's really no where near as buggy as "some" forum members would have you believe.

8. F_Aleksandar_Stojiljkovi
    Gingerbread Jan 9, 2017

9. Kiran.a.joseph
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2017

Kiran.a.joseph , Jan 9, 2017 :
    There are workarounds for most of the issues and I think a stable build will be released around end of Jan or early Feb 2017

10. One76
    Gingerbread Jan 9, 2017

One76 , Jan 9, 2017 :
    What kind of question is this? LOL
    No, OnePlus isn't slightly interested in a stable OS for their phone, so no they won't make one. Do you feel dumb after asking this? Obviously stable N will come soon

dushyanth289 and jaybajaj1902 like this.
  11. G_Ravi_Dwivedi_pglu
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2017

12. Kiran.a.joseph
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2017

Kiran.a.joseph , Jan 9, 2017 :
    iPhone and android are on two opposite sides of the spectrum.

iPhone disables all notifications by default unless apps requests them explicitly. Android gives notification access by default to all apps. If you disable notifications of less important apps, you will start seeing the difference in battery usage. You can also use Aggressive doze mode as well as the App auto-launch to get better battery reaults.

IPhone does not allow a lot of customizations which is possible in android phones. Once you are familiar with the ecosystem, it will get better

13. Oscarem296
    Gingerbread Jan 9, 2017

Oscarem296 , Jan 9, 2017 :
    Update it. No isues for me and for many people, and the minor isues are solutioned in other posts.

apersonnamedmike and otto2 like this.
  14. chinmay_bapat
    Donut Jan 9, 2017

chinmay_bapat , Jan 9, 2017 :
    Cellbroadcastchannel 50 messages keeps striking every minutes. Unchecked from emergency broadcast but it gets auto enabled.
    Please help.

15. oneplusknusper
    Eclair Jan 9, 2017

oneplusknusper , Jan 9, 2017 :
    Nougat for the 3T is perfectly fine as a daily driver. Why many people are so obsessed with small bugs they may never encounter is completely beyond me. So far, I've been having absolutely zero bugs with Oxy 4 and 4.0.1 as well, I must be doing something very wrong.

kadiratli, rmajor, jr.pasheko and 4 others like this.
  16. airiartev
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2017

airiartev , Jan 9, 2017 :
    which issues? can you send a link?

17. airiartev
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2017

jaybajaj1902, wowhazzah1213 and otto2 like this.
  18. dmroopesh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 9, 2017

dmroopesh , Jan 9, 2017 :
    Maybe you did a mistake then 'cause you dont even know that when you first setup any device it heats up more than usual 'cause you maybe installing and setting up all your apps and phone settings. And it doesnt take a genius to understand that the more you use your resources available, the more you use your battery.
    Last but not the least did your iphone ever give you 6-7 hours of screen on time?
    So take your shitty comments elsewhere if you dont even understand how a device works rather than comparing it.

Kgisat, jr.pasheko, Jeffrey98 and 4 others like this.
  19. airiartev
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2017

airiartev , Jan 9, 2017 :
    anything*

20. OnePlus3=4?
    Gingerbread Jan 9, 2017

OnePlus3=4? , Jan 9, 2017 :
    Where? could you/someone send a link please? thanks