[CLOSED]Won a free OnePlus 8T, but the voucher code doesn't work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vishrutjha
    Honeycomb Nov 30, 2020

vishrutjha , Nov 30, 2020 :
    I had won an OnePlus 8T in the 3D invitation Draw on Oct 30, 2020. This is the email that I received.
    [​IMG]

Initially, I thought that this email is a prank, but I noticed that I've received Official OnePlus Newsletters from this email (boom@email.oneplus.com). So I tried to redeem the voucher code, but then it just didn't work. Here's a screenshot.
    [​IMG]

So I forwarded the email and this screenshot to support@oneplus.com and got this complaint ID: 201030-005909.
    I called up OnePlus Support and cited the above ID. Every time I got the same generic reply... "Your issue has been escalated and we'll get back to you with a resolution in 24-48 hours."
    After 30 days and 41 calls, I STILL haven't received the correct coupon code.

I had also received this on Nov 14:
    [​IMG]

So the last day to redeem this coupon is Nov 30, i.e. Today (as I write this post). I just finished talking to yet another Customer Care Rep. and he was sure that I will be getting a voucher in a few minutes... No luck so far.

Case Escalation ID: 201119-003638.

I have also reached out on Twitter multiple times, and @oneplus_support just sends me vague generic messages about how they're "looking into and investigating the issue", while asking me to look in my email spam folder, for IDK what... As I haven't received any other email from OnePlus at all.

Way to raise your hopes high and let them crash down, OnePlus.
    Really terrible experience.

What would you guys suggest I do?

EEZC, sudevan325 and bhaumikbheda like this.
  2. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Nov 30, 2020

Bouncer71 and vishrutjha like this.
  3. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Nov 30, 2020

SoniaB , Nov 30, 2020 :
    Thanks for the tag.
    The contest would have been run by Marketing so I imagine all CS can do is refer it to that department.

I will ask Community admin to check.

4. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Nov 30, 2020

SoniaB , Nov 30, 2020 :
    @vishrutjha can you please confirm your current country of residence?

Your profile has your referral links etc showing as India but your profile also states that you are living in the USA.

YRJ and Starcommander like this.
  5. Navdeep_Malik
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 30, 2020

6. vishrutjha
    Honeycomb Dec 1, 2020

vishrutjha , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 1, 2020 :
    I'm currently living in India

Starcommander likes this.
  7. vishrutjha
    Honeycomb Dec 1, 2020

As no variant is explicitly mentioned in the email, I tried redeeming the code for both the variants... No success so far

8. camohan
    Nougat Moderator Dec 1, 2020

camohan , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Honestly, I do not recollect any such promotions. Do you know where was this 3D invitation promotion hosted? and hope the voucher is 14 characters in length.

9. vishrutjha
    Honeycomb Dec 1, 2020

Even I don't remember where but as mentioned in the 3rd screenshot, it was a draw after sharing the invite link.
    And no... The Voucher code wasn't the usual 14 char length and had alphanumeric characters and symbols... It's weird. But the customer care reps told me that it's a legit email.

10. camohan

camohan , Dec 1, 2020 :
    I tried Google and could not find any such contest. Yeah I meant 14 character alpha numeric combination.

11. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Dec 1, 2020

SoniaB , Dec 1, 2020 :
    That's the issue I think. It's possible that it may have been region specific. I do not recall it for India either @camohan

Indeed, same as you, I have not seen this contest at all across channels. I am still looking into this with Community admin to see if Marketing (as this would have been from them) to check and confirm.

YRJ, Starcommander and Tokolozi like this.
  12. camohan

camohan , Dec 1, 2020 :
    In addition, the vouchers are added to the OnePlus Account directly AFAIK for India contests.

13. vishrutjha
    Honeycomb Dec 1, 2020

vishrutjha , Dec 1, 2020 :
    If I change my account location to India, it's still not working. Also tried the separate link I got for India-specific redemption in the email
    upload_2020-12-1_14-18-16.png

14. vishrutjha
    Honeycomb Dec 1, 2020

Even I had googled this event and found nothing regarding this...
    But the email is legit from OnePlus, right?
    And also this follow-up email 14 days later?
    upload_2020-12-1_14-23-25.png
    I've attached this screenshot in the original post...
    As you can see, it's from the official OnePlus Support email.

15. SoniaB

SoniaB , Dec 1, 2020 :
    The email address looks familiar
    The issue is that I have never heard of the contest nor find any record of it, especially if it is a Marketing led one as you would expect, well, some marketing of it.

So the first thing I have done is aske Community admin to check which team ran this contest. Then, we need to work out if it was region specific. As @camohan said, for India, normally the voucher is auto-added and tied to the OnePlus account.

So give me and @camohan some time to try and chase it up and work it out

Starcommander and camohan like this.
  16. SoniaB

17. vishrutjha
    Honeycomb Dec 1, 2020

Yes, it takes me to https://link.oneplus.com/u/un.php?par=s2E6vJ2tam_1955428_26_$sid$

Also, @SoniaB, if you're talking to marketing, can you please do cite the complaint IDs, to get a record of all the conversations that I had with OnePlus for more context?
    Original Complaint ID: 201030-005909
    Complaint Escalation ID: 201119-003638

Thanks

18. SoniaB

SoniaB , Dec 1, 2020 :
    The record is there with CS already. My guess is that they are facing a similar conundrum to myself and @camohan in that we cannot find any record of this contest. CS likely have escalated to a manager who in turn is probably trying to find out the origin of the contest to know who to refer it to.
    CS can't just give out a new voucher code without authorization and clarification. Let's see if we can work it out and get if sorted

19. SoniaB

SoniaB , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Got an update from Community admin.

This was a OnePlus PR campaign. 🙊
    Admin have already escalated. I hope to have an update asap

20. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Dec 1, 2020

Tokolozi , Dec 1, 2020 :
    As we say in our company, this needs a Kizuki point.
    Some sort of internal event/competition schedule for CS/Mods to refer to in events like these.