[CLOSED]Worst Update Ever Android 12 via OnePlus 9 Pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L1618486452946
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2021

L1618486452946 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 8, 2021 :
    After updating my OnePlus 9 pro. If feels like, My phone is not mine. It feels like am using a china phone.
    The classic user interface which was in Android 11 has lost now.
    Android 11 UI was very comfortable, classy and Fast.
    Am not happy with this update.

idiotsniff likes this.
  2. Aaron2017
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Dec 8, 2021

Aaron2017 , Dec 8, 2021 :
    It is certainly a change compared to how it used to be. Some like it, others don't but i'm afraid this is how it will be, at least untill the new unified OS will be released, though that might not be very different as to this one. In any case, you can always give feedback about it to OnePlus here if you want
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback

Caomhin likes this.
  3. zmock8
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2021

zmock8 , Dec 8, 2021 :
    I completely agree about the new update.... I haven't found one thing so far I like better. Many things lost permission and don't even work. Auto brightness doesn't work, long press home button or double tap customization is gone, many things that made the OPO be customizable has been removed. I hope One Plus gives a custom update to this new Android 12 because it is far from polished.

idiotsniff likes this.
  4. idiotsniff
    Froyo Dec 8, 2021

idiotsniff , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 8, 2021 :
    I updated not realizing it was 12 it said it was 11 something woke up and it changed everything. can get rid of the swipe to unlock as I hate lock screens. second 12 update but can't update because I'm not the owner apparently. absolutely unacceptable. they mostly took features away and added stupid ones. ONE PLUS PLEASE GIVE US AN OTA ANDROID 11 ROLLBACK UPDATE. so MF'ing upset.

Namit Bhardwaj likes this.
  5. idiotsniff
    Froyo Dec 8, 2021

is there a way to go back without a complete wipe?

6. Aaron2017

No, I'm afraid not. You would need to use the rollback package from the beta 1 thread which will wipe all data.

Caomhin and idiotsniff like this.
  7. idiotsniff
    Froyo Dec 8, 2021

🤬 thanks for the reply. do you know why it says you must be the owner to update? my account hasn't changes says administrator looks like there are updates to 12 after the main update but will not allow it.

8. Aaron2017

You're welcome 👍
    No, i don't know why that is. Same thing used to happen to some of the Nord 2 users too, difference was they had an update ready to install, while you're already on the latest update so in your case this might just be a glitch.

idiotsniff and Caomhin like this.
  9. idiotsniff
    Froyo Dec 11, 2021

idiotsniff , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 11, 2021 :
    Great Christmas Gift to your Loyal Oneplus users. Oneplus 9 Pro is almost useless since the OxygenOS12 update. camer doesn't work, battery life sucks nothing works correctly half the stuff is missing. hangs, rhave to reboot 5+ times a. day. nav buttons are wider and half the hight. can't go back without backing up 200gb of stuff. this is the worst new OS update Ever. I've been a OnePlus user since the oneplus one. the update said nothing about OS12 just an update to fix an issue with last update and some added stuff. woke up to a disaster nothing works. please push a downgrade for ppl that can't handle this update its so bad. way more stuff wrong than I can write. total disgrace.

10. Aaron2017
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Aaron2017 , Dec 11, 2021 :
    Yeah, for most it is. This doesn't help you or those that have already installed OOS12 but at least they stopped the roll out and are working on a fix
    https://www.androidpolice.com/oneplus-is-pulling-its-oxygenos-12-update-for-the-op-9-and-9-pro/
    You can downgrade to Oxygen OS 11 yourself if you want, but this does involve a complete wipe of the phone unfortunately.

Liehjan likes this.
  11. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Dec 11, 2021

Liehjan , Dec 11, 2021 :
    OnePlus has figured out the update isn't stable ready. News yesterday said that it's pulled for now.

Aaron2017 likes this.
  12. idiotsniff
    Froyo Dec 12, 2021

idiotsniff , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 12, 2021 :
    they need to do a they needed to push the downgrade back to the old OS for ppl. it's totally unacceptable what they did. it's the worst downgrade I've ever seen in Android. oneplus should be amshsmed of themselves... if this is the future of oneplus I'll be moving on. been with you ppl since the oneplus one. the camera on the oneplus 9 pro is awful too. blurry around the edges unless u manually focus. even if you focus in center. so stupid.

13. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Dec 12, 2021

Liehjan , Dec 12, 2021 :
    Unfortunately you can't push s downgrade build to A11 via OTA... It has to be done manually. You can use the build in OB1 thread.

14. Turbospeed440
    Donut Dec 13, 2021

Turbospeed440 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 13, 2021 :
    I must say this update is by far the worst. It's so bad and so full of bugs not sure how they are going to fix it. It's so bad I don't think op can recover from this

15. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Dec 13, 2021

pablofg1978 , Dec 13, 2021 :
    Hello there,
    Please read and use the official update thread for any update related discussion
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-12-for-the-oneplus-9-and-oneplus-9-pro.1524378/
    Instructions on how to report bugs and leave feedback are on the first post.
    Thread closed