CLUB INDIA (No Invites Here - Indian or Global)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heena123
    Gingerbread Dec 27, 2014

Heena123 , Dec 27, 2014 :
    Below is the latest update from vikas

"With a significant volume of accessories and the One available next week, we are glad to be able to bring smiles to many of our fans."

Deactivated User and sjstays like this.
  2. Heena123
    Gingerbread Dec 27, 2014

sjstays likes this.
  3. sjstays
    Froyo Dec 27, 2014

sjstays , Dec 27, 2014 :
    S
    Smiling already

4. hiteshpanch
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2014

5. alemc2
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2014

alemc2 , Dec 27, 2014 :
    Well this is a tough question. Straight off I would say it's definitely not recommended to deliberately kill an app from memory (using some cleanup app). But in that article they talk about pressing home instead of back button always which I feel is an overkill (not that our device doesn't have enough RAM to handle it). Closing an app using the back button is not the same as killing the app from memory, it retains some info in the RAM anyway till the kernel cleans it away (Not absolutely sure here but I recall reading something along these lines somewhere).

Also I am not sure how relevant this is with lollipop (more specifically with ART) cuz unlike dalvik which does JIT compile, ART does a AOT compile. So the overhead of converting the java code to bytecode at runtime is removed. That should remove a significant part of the processing required while starting an app. Ofc it would still have to populate the data into RAM on startup but atleast it won't take up CPU for JIT compile. So in lollipop I don't think it has as much of an effect as in dalvik based versions. Also as I mentioned earlier closing using the back button is not the same as wiping it from memory so you can close apps using back button without any battery issues. There is also the fact that ART systems have a better and more optimized garbage collector so it's better to leave all these to the OS and use it as you prefer.

Finally it all boils down to how @Funk Wizard put it, you have a beast with you, don't bother with such trivial things to get 1 hour more battery. Just use it to your heart's content and make sure it can last till the point you get access to a charger.:D

6. rakeshmathuria
    Donut Dec 27, 2014

7. ajeetone
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2014

ajeetone , Dec 27, 2014 :
    Finally Phone Unlocked :cool:
    Flash twrp :rolleyes:
    Now i want to give try temasek cm12 ...Do i need to flash supersu before installing this rom

8. PVS Kharoud
    Marshmallow Senior Moderator Dec 27, 2014

PVS Kharoud , Dec 27, 2014 :
    Dude did you seriously didn't read the thread title or any you being Ignorant.:mad::mad::confused:

9. PVS Kharoud

You don't need to flash supersu.

10. ezbourne
    Froyo Dec 27, 2014

ezbourne , Dec 27, 2014 :
    Here is another one:-

A couple was distributing e-invitation of there wedding, the only mistake they did...

Put the subject as INVITE!!!...the whole guest list went MAD!!!!

11. icon32x
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2014

icon32x , Dec 27, 2014 :
    Expect some amazing news for 1st Jan guys, don't know but getting serious gut feeling that for one day on 1st Jan, they will sale without invite to compensate the delay because of the ban.

But then..how can I be that lucky? :eek:

12. ajeetone
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2014

ajeetone , Dec 27, 2014 :
    How can i choose Google now launcher when i go to setting --home then its is not listed and even i cleared default from apps when pressing home button this will not show the option to choose launcher ..Currently i am on temasek CM12

13. PVS Kharoud

Did you install it ?

14. Nurve
    KitKat Dec 27, 2014

15. imightbesomeone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 27, 2014

16. Nurve
    KitKat Dec 27, 2014

17. imightbesomeone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 27, 2014