CLUB INDIA Reborn

1. kevin4nivek
    Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2014

kevin4nivek , Dec 5, 2014 :
    Buy the way, anyone got any insight on the battery back-up for OPO for our Indian shipments? Earlier today i read few posts stating its not lasting and backup is less than a day!! Not sure if its an issue with all handsets or just a few.

2. Vineetamin
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2014

Vineetamin , Dec 5, 2014 :
    Fingers crossed hoping for the best :)

3. navin_thomas
    Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2014

navin_thomas , Dec 5, 2014 :
    valla mandatharam paranju kodukku ;):p

Any case you put on will spoil its looks.

Charcoal or black? Difficult to say.

Its not pure black. Its somewhere between pure black and greyish black

4. navin_thomas
    Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2014

5. alemc2
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2014

alemc2 , Dec 5, 2014 :
    Its good man. But then again battery life varies person to person. But hardware and software being same, it's more dependent on the apps, services you have running which is why I feel most people are complaining high battery drains. IMO if we were to compare battery life of different units right out of the box without any apps installed, it should mostly be the same ( and pretty high at that ). Besides it has a 3100mah battery so you can expect some good battery life.

If you want personal experiences though,in the last 3 days I have been getting roughly 20-24 hrs on a full charge with roughly 4-5 hrs screen on time. However keep in mind that I am quite a heavy user and have loads of app (roughly 240) and services running. I also have bluetooth on always as I want my UP24 to stay in sync.

6. LalitBarik
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2014

LalitBarik , Dec 5, 2014 :
    Is it really advisable to keep ANY handset under direct sunlight for a long duration??? It might do more harm then good.

7. haris_wani
    Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2014

haris_wani , Dec 5, 2014 :
    i suppose so, everything looks original. it has that hologram thing and the scratch code.
    also, i ordered the diztronic ultra from ebay for 898/- INR. also am thinking of buying the flip cover.

Dushie likes this.
  8. Dushie
    Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2014

Dushie , Dec 5, 2014 :
    Then nothing to worry, i feel it would be fine.

haris_wani likes this.
  9. Dushie
    Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2014

Dushie , Dec 5, 2014 :
    It's so surprising people were looking for an invite and were also messaging me couple of days back. I told them to wait. Today i posted that i can help them with COD and no one has responded on my post which i made in the evening.

Folks last call message me tomorrow morning if you want the phone on COD.I can order for you. Need your Name complete Address details phone and email.
    @sathyajithvinu
    @blackeye5
    @israfild
    @shre30may

Time is running out .... :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014

umeshkrishnan likes this.
  10. suriya
    Froyo Dec 5, 2014

suriya , Dec 5, 2014 :
    ACTUALLY IT IS NOT ADVISABLE AS PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO EXCESS HEAT MAY RUIN UR BATTERY....but 1-2 hrs of sunlight isn't gonna affect ur phone so its OKAY this may help

Dushie likes this.
  11. navin_thomas
    Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2014

Flip case? You sure about that ? ... I believe it will be a waste of money

Dushie likes this.
  12. Dushie
    Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2014

Dushie , Dec 5, 2014 :
    I agree. Folks have told this plenty of times earlier also. When you are spending 22k on a phone. Getting a good Case and tempered glass screen protector would be less than 10% of the cost of the phone. Invest in the same, don't try and save money. The Opo screen is very expensive if damaged the repair cost 200$ in US for US phones. Do not take the risk take precaution it will be beneficial in the longer run.

I do not know how much screen replacement will cost in India and if they will replace just the screen or the entire phone like they do in US.

harshalg likes this.
  13. LalitBarik
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2014

Technically you can do a post to any thread/topic in the forum to increase your post/message count. But since you would like to get help in having an India Invite from the Club India group, why don't you stay active here to get noticed! But as suggested by many of the senior members (and mods), be really helpful and contribute in a positive manner not post gibberish to increase your membership level. It does not help anybody and the people who are responsible for distribution of invites are intelligent enough to know the difference. Also I assume that you have already gone through the first post of this thread and understand everything.

faizshaikh likes this.
  14. navin_thomas
    Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2014

One noobish doubt:

Is it better to cut up your original SIM card into micro-SIM size or request for a brand new micro-SIM?

15. Dushie
    Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2014

Dushie , Dec 5, 2014 :
    If your sim cutting machine is good. Then you can cut and use. But ensure it fits inside properly and sits in the tray. If it is budging out or the thickness is more it will get stuck inside the slot and you will not be able to pull the tray out. Getting a new micro-sim will not cost more than Rs 30 and usually takes 4 hours to get activated post giving proof to the service provider for postpaid. I got it done for my Airtel when my sim got corrupted and they did not have a micro-sim in stock for Iphone. So he cut and gave me but needed to file the edges to make it sit properly in the tray as it was budging out.

nandan, anoopsa and GoonerBoy like this.
  16. vpshyam
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2014

vpshyam , Dec 5, 2014 :
    Go to any local shop and they will cut it for you. That's enough. No worries!

17. alemc2
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2014

alemc2 , Dec 5, 2014 :
    Better : request new one
    Quicker, hassle free, less traveling: cut it yourself. But depending on how old a SIM you have, you may still be having a SIM with 32k internal memory whereas new ones will have 64/128k memory which allows for better 3g and some extra carrier services. So think about that as well.

Btw I did cut it myself with a pair of scissors, some sand paper :cool::)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014

harshalg and GoonerBoy like this.
  18. LalitBarik
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2014

People really are getting creative to get their hands on the OPO!!!!

19. Dushie
    Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2014

Dushie , Dec 5, 2014 :
    Folks done for the day time to head home. Goodnight and see yea tomorrow. This weekend is going to be busy as Opo is getting popular and more and more users will hit the forums.

alemc2 likes this.
  20. LalitBarik
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2014

Start at the beginning by reading Page 1 of this thread.