CLUB INDIA Reborn

1. navin_thomas
    Jelly Bean Dec 9, 2014

navin_thomas , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Send you what? spam? I would love to send you global or india specific spam :p

You think Club India is the only thread I visit? :p I do browse around occasionally.

I'm a noob. Don't ask me such questions. :D

So appdata is not stored in sdcard partition?

Uhhh ..nope ... I coined the term, so I deserve to be the Batman Moderator. ...... you can be Alfred Moderator :p

I did a factory reset a few days ago. My photos were NOT wiped.

You're a student? :eek: .... and that too same year :eek::eek::eek:

I can't believe that I thought you were a elder guy working in an office :D

A few hours ago, I was trying to figure out how to use the sim tray. So you can imagine how confusing all this rooting, flashing, wiping mumbo jumbo is for me. :D

Engineering has destroyed your life.?

Engineering is kickass. I didnt go to college today just so that I can catch up with unread posts in this thread :D:D:D

2. bala422
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2014

bala422 , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Hi ...Any one need one plus one invite...pls send me an email at [email protected]...I've one plus in my amazon and will share the credentials so that you can complete the order...only one day to go...

prashant sahni likes this.
  3. Dushie
    Jelly Bean Dec 9, 2014

Dushie , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Folks new update Amazon does not do COD to Indore MP. I was trying to ship a COD order for @sahej . But they declined to ship to this address on the final check out screen. This is my learning for today. :(

No need to share credentials buddy. Easier way is to just do a COD order for them. This way everyone is happy and you do not need to share your login details.

4. alemc2
    Honeycomb Dec 9, 2014

alemc2 , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Uhm no..its stored in the /data partition.

Edit: That is from my previous experiences. Just checked my OPO now, its stored in /sdcard/Android/data here. But I guess that folder alone gets wiped while wiping data in recovery. What I saw here was the app data that certain apps store in sdcard partition.

Edit2: App data is there in /data only. My bad forgot to run es explorer in root mode so saw that as empty. after probing using adb I can see its all there.
    Capture.PNG

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014

5. harshalg
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 9, 2014

harshalg , Dec 9, 2014 :
    actually, i should have graduated by may 2014...but due to some KTs, it got postponed to may 2015....so, in a manner of speaking, what you initially thought was correct :p

6. haris_wani
    Jelly Bean Dec 9, 2014

haris_wani , Dec 9, 2014 :
    i too though harshalg was a office going guy.
    regarding app data, i dont think its stored in sd carrd, but if we take backup using titanium like apps, that backup is on sd card, so later we can restore it. am i right guys??
    only good thing about engineering is u get lot of spare time!! :p:p:p

GoonerBoy likes this.
  7. navin_thomas
    Jelly Bean Dec 9, 2014

There is something called Multi-ROM.

So sdcard partition is just like a big fat Micro SD card attached the phone. :D

8. hardiks165
    Donut Dec 9, 2014

hardiks165 , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Yeah tried that as well .. still the same problem .. want to install app that supports ms office files .. sadly not available by default

Screenshot_2014-12-09-22-56-26.png

9. nirmalnathaniel
    Honeycomb Dec 9, 2014

10. harshalg
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 9, 2014

harshalg , Dec 9, 2014 :
    hmmm....why is that sim symbol in your status bar?? try inserting a sim card before accessing the play store

11. navin_thomas
    Jelly Bean Dec 9, 2014

KTs ?? o_O

Sometimes too much spare time!!

I'll probably regret wasting so much spare time once i get a job and all. :D

harshalg likes this.
  12. yashsethi_jain
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2014

13. haris_wani
    Jelly Bean Dec 9, 2014

its really getting confusing now. earlier someone said no data gets wiped out in the sd card (except in the case of unlocking the bootloader)

14. Heath9
    Eclair Dec 9, 2014

Heath9 , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Have some questions about accessories. Which are better? About Case is Official flip cover is good? and what about Screen guard? Is there any Official build for that? Some are referring to Nilkin build tempered glass. Should we go for this costlier make or any modest value screen guard will do? Have answer anyone?

15. yashsethi_jain
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2014

16. hardiks165
    Donut Dec 9, 2014

I Donot have sim inserted on my phone ..but how is that related anyway ..

17. nirmalnathaniel
    Honeycomb Dec 9, 2014

nirmalnathaniel , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Your Music and Pictures remain untouched everytime you flash a rom(my experience from when i used to swap roms on my note)...Its just the apps that are wiped and then you have to just sign in to playstore and then they download again.

VectoRDextoR and haris_wani like this.
  18. navin_thomas
    Jelly Bean Dec 9, 2014

Overwhelming .. isnt it? :p

19. hardiks165
    Donut Dec 9, 2014

Cleared cache from settings -- apps ..but still same problem

20. haris_wani
    Jelly Bean Dec 9, 2014

1 thing i learned from my years in engineering college, don't do it if u frankly don't like it, or just for the sake of it, also utilize the time u get into something more productive, else most of the stuff they teach u is outdated and boring.

nirmalnathaniel and harshalg like this.