CLUB INDIA Reborn

1. Nurve
    KitKat Dec 29, 2014

Nurve , Dec 29, 2014 :
    @Param_Kharoud @harshalg Bro i downloaded kernel from the link by Funk Wizard and installed. But I am feeling one wierd thing now. I am feeling that whole of my scree became little warmer than before flashing kernel. Is it the case? Kindly clarify.

2. Nurve
    KitKat Dec 29, 2014

Nurve , Dec 29, 2014 :
    By warmer I mean little more yellowish the whole screen and all the icons which were white before.

3. Nurve
    KitKat Dec 29, 2014

Nurve , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Is it some kind of tweak due to kernel to improve something. But its there for sure.

4. ParamK.
    Marshmallow Moderator Dec 29, 2014

ParamK. , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Download the ukm from the same site and then flash it

After that download synapse from play store and change the gamma setting from 0 to 1

harshalg and Nurve like this.
  5. Nurve
    KitKat Dec 29, 2014

6. ParamK.

OALEXANDER, GoonerBoy and Nurve like this.
  7. Nurve
    KitKat Dec 29, 2014

Nurve , Dec 29, 2014 :
    In gamma there are two things which can be done. One is gamma selection other is some Kcal. . Which one to change

8. Nurve
    KitKat Dec 29, 2014

Nurve , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Got it I change it the gamma selection and my screen became white again. . Thanks @Param_Kharoud. . Bae ji this great ho. Lol. . Thanks man.

PVS Kharoud likes this.
  9. Nurve
    KitKat Dec 29, 2014

Nurve , Dec 29, 2014 :
    @Param_Kharoud veer one more help. After flashing the kernel my supersu app got updated. Now its asking me to update binaries for which giving two options proceed normally or custom recovery. . What to do?

10. alemc2
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2014

alemc2 , Dec 29, 2014 :
    You get the stock boot.img in the stock image zip which you can flash from fastboot but it's advised to do a full stock flash to avoid any kind of residue or mismatch due to some system change you have done.

Not necessary but get it anyways, it gives you an opportunity to explore more. Moreover AK kernel by default comes with warmer tone so you need the UKM+synapse to adjust the Gamma to your needs (you can also do it through init.d scripts if you so want but I don't think you'll be going down that path will ya?). If you don't wan't to mess with anything else, just have UKM+synapse and don't do anything with it, Who knows it might come in handy some day.

Yes that'll work but I think he wants to have everything as is currently and just change to stock kernel. A nandroid will inevitably be a bit old.

GoonerBoy and Nurve like this.
  11. ParamK.

ParamK. , Dec 29, 2014 :
    @alemc2 help him as I don't know in detail about su binaries

Edit :- He got it . No need

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014

Nurve likes this.
  12. Nurve
    KitKat Dec 29, 2014

Nurve , Dec 29, 2014 :
    I got it. Just went ahead and it's done. Normal update.

lefttobleed and PVS Kharoud like this.
  13. alemc2
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2014

alemc2 , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Normal method will do, if it fails go for recovery method. The updating has nothing to with the new kernel, it most likely just received an update from play store.

Dude.. A small piece of advice, don't take it the wrong way... Before going into all these system changing things, do some reading up. All your questions have answers in the OP of the corresponding XDA threads. Also get an understanding of what these changes are going to be doing to your system before starting. I know not everyone has an inclination to understand these things but just blindly doing it could result in more harm than good. If you are not interested in understanding what each of these does atleast at a basic level my sincere suggestion would be to stay with the stock image. Again I want to reiterate that I don't want to discourage your efforts but I am just speaking from experience seeing a colleague of mine hard-brick his phone (not OPO) cuz he didn't bother understanding what each thing does.

PS: It is for this very reason that devs put a disclaimer in their threads that they are not responsible for any harm to your device in the process.

14. Nurve
    KitKat Dec 29, 2014

Nurve , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Thanks for the warning sir. I understand you intentions sir. Was intrested in increasing my battery life. As you suggested I ll try reading and understanding. Although I dnt know how successful I will be in that. Will see. I appreciate your help. And will ask you doubt if I have any. I m preety sure that I will have. You guys rock man.

15. Nurve
    KitKat Dec 29, 2014

Nurve , Dec 29, 2014 :
    I stick with what I have for some days and do some reading. If you can suggest some articles for the beginner that will be awesome.

OALEXANDER likes this.
  16. alemc2
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2014

alemc2 , Dec 29, 2014 :
    This XDA thread has all the relevant links for our device. Browse through and see what you require the most.

For full details on what each operation does you'll have to read the appropriate threads. For eg. for AK kernel there is a separate thread where AK has explained most of the common scenarios in the original post and has clarified lots of other questions in the comments.

prakashsr91 and Nurve like this.
  17. lefttobleed
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2014

lefttobleed , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Ppl who want good battery life @GoonerBoy ,
    Try underclocking to 1.5ghz and using slim govenor.
    1.5ghz is considered to be the sweet spot for our CPU. Underclocking to this level does not affect the performance for me but increases battery life a lot.
    However i donot game on my phone and dont know how games will perform. Maybe someone can test this.(Mostly wont perform well here)
    I can share my complete synapse setup after some more testing.

18. Nurve
    KitKat Dec 29, 2014

Nurve , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Thanks for the advice. I m gonna stick to what I have as the experienced people around told me to and do some reading first. Your settings screenshots will be highly appreciated.

lefttobleed likes this.
  19. Nurve
    KitKat Dec 29, 2014

Nurve , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Can I ask one more advice?

20. alemc2
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2014

alemc2 , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Sure man..shoot away.. nobody is hostile here. I just wanted to let you know that understanding what you are doing will help you in the long run.:)

naveennair likes this.