CLUB INDIA Reborn

1. kevin4nivek
    Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2014

kevin4nivek , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Yes its an issue. Seems to be a bug I guess.

Dhrumin226 likes this.
  2. navin_thomas
    Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2014

navin_thomas , Dec 29, 2014 :
    BTW Funk Wizard, I forgot to ask a noob question. Is that UKM version compatible with the CM 11S kernels? I am asking cos its not listed here. Its on the main page though.

EDIT: I guess its the latest version and all latest versions are placed in the main page instead of the old downloads sections. Silly me :D

Dhrumin226 and PVS Kharoud like this.
  3. hetalk
    Dec 29, 2014

hetalk , Dec 29, 2014 :
    UKM is just a set of scripts that enables synapse support to some custom kernels.

4. alemc2
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2014

alemc2 , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Totally agree with that, but what I wouldn't agree with is the way they describe it in that article saying use home button instead of back button to retain app in memory. That logic doesn't hold ground, I had briefly said this in my original reply but didn't elaborate on it as I was a bit lazy at the time to go searching where I had read it :p.

Basically pressing the back button or home button does the same thing as long as the app exits cleanly. For more explanation of how android manages processes and memory allocation check this & this. Now those articles clearly state that as soon as a process's onStop task is called it gets put into the LRU cache. Pressing the back button calls the onStop task directly whereas pressing the home calls the onPause task followed by the onStop task which you can see from stackoverflow questions (and I can confirm having noticed this behavior while trying my hands at app development, which is the reason I remember it :)). So in the end however you close an app the onStop task is called and the app is put in the LRU cache for cleaning by kernel if required. This is the reason I said that article doesn't hold any ground.

What ppl shouldn't be doing is force stopping app or cleaning the cache using a cleanup app.

5. alemc2
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2014

alemc2 , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Yeah but it was an year old 10k phone so he didn't mind it quite so much. ;)

6. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Dec 29, 2014

Funk Wizard , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Indeed the UKM 3.6.1.1 is OPO specific not ROM specific, go for it mate. Once you flash both reboot and install synapse from the play store and change the Gama Selection to 1 if your screen is Warmer

Dhrumin226 likes this.
  7. hetalk
    Dec 29, 2014

hetalk , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Correct. Just press home or back button, whichever's your fastest finger. If the app is written correctly, android will make sure it's properly dealt with.
    I didnt even read the article. lol.
    All I read was clearing apps from memory is not needed, and I agreed to it.
    I'll add to your sentence
    What ppl shouldn't be doing is force stopping app or cleaning the cache using a cleanup app. ... especially on our device, where we have more than enough RAM to last next few android versions.

8. umeshkrishnan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 29, 2014

umeshkrishnan , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Awesome..

Master..
    221823-karate-boy-bowing.jpg

9. navin_thomas
    Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2014

navin_thomas , Dec 29, 2014 :
    hehe ...he wasted a good phone though ....would have been a nice guinea pig ;)

Thanks man. I am assuming that there is no prob in flashing one after another, right?

Also to uninstall UKM just flash the uninstaller zip like for the Xposed uninstaller right?

I can't believe some people are worrying about hitting the right button :rolleyes:

lefttobleed and Dhrumin226 like this.
  10. hetalk
    Dec 29, 2014

hetalk , Dec 29, 2014 :
    lol ... hitting the right buttons is important for other stuff ... if you know what i mean.
    But, at least we dont have to worry about it when using our 1+1

11. Funk Wizard

Funk Wizard , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Yes there is no set format but i always follow Kernel first and then UKM followed by synapse from the playstore.

Yes flash the uninstaller zip if the need be.

12. ParamK.
    Marshmallow Moderator Dec 29, 2014

13. Dhrumin226
    Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2014

Dhrumin226 , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Hate That Launcher :mad:

14. arvinjyoti
    Cupcake Dec 29, 2014

15. ParamK.

ParamK. , Dec 29, 2014 :
    *Ignored*

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014

OneOneGO and Deactivated User like this.
  16. kevin4nivek
    Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2014

kevin4nivek , Dec 29, 2014 :
    No point re-iterating the same thing again and again. We are wasting our time trying to explain these guys. Better to ignore and let them keep blabbering.

17. Dhrumin226
    Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2014

Dhrumin226 , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Hello I Need BMW X6 Please !!

18. imightbesomeone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 29, 2014

Dhrumin226 likes this.
  19. Funk Wizard

Dhrumin226 and imightbesomeone like this.
  20. ParamK.