Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyTroll
    Aug 18, 2014

HappyTroll , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Laquelle, la 30O toute pourrie ?

2. 8800gto
    Cupcake Aug 18, 2014

8800gto , Aug 18, 2014 :
    is it worth skipping the new update until they fix the battery issues ?

rudeteddy and kevm66 like this.
  3. windshear
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 18, 2014

windshear , Aug 18, 2014 :
    yes

kevm66 likes this.
  4. Steve+One
    Honeycomb Aug 18, 2014

Steve+One , Aug 18, 2014 :
    YES, X2

5. kevm66
    Gingerbread Aug 18, 2014

kevm66 , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Yeah it's worth skipping, the next update is expected any day now.

I think the reason that people are not receiving the 30O update is because OnePlus/Cyanogen have pulled it until the battery bug has been fixed, in the next update.

iwantthatfone85 and nihran like this.
  6. nihran
    Cupcake Aug 18, 2014

nihran , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Maybe..o_O

7. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Aug 18, 2014

8. fenice
    KitKat Aug 18, 2014

fenice , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Not all of France, I had it last Thursday in Morbihan. :)

9. 4Joppe4
    Eclair Aug 18, 2014

4Joppe4 , Aug 18, 2014 :
    At first I did not receive the OTA, however when I touched the build number a few times in "about the phone", there came a message you're now a developer, and the OTA came in at the same moment.
    So first I thought you needed to be developer, but it might just have been coincidence

kevm66 likes this.
  10. gIaKgEkO
    Eclair Aug 18, 2014

gIaKgEkO , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Why i don't receive OTA? Is it possibile that OnePlus stopped the roll out for the many problems of this build?

kevm66 likes this.
  11. lukacszs
    Gingerbread Aug 18, 2014

12. lukacszs
    Gingerbread Aug 18, 2014

lukacszs , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Very possible

13. bigCITYbrown
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 18, 2014

bigCITYbrown , Aug 18, 2014 :
    The 30O update is a glitchy piece of shit. F'd my battery life, sometimes the WiFi won't turn on. Audio notifications are intermittent. The touch screen intermittently stops responding and needs a reboot to start using the phone again. And sometimes lags to a complete stop for 3-10 seconds. I have been using 30O for about a week. None of these problems were observed on my phone before the update. Shitty job cyanogen inc. This is some seriously amateur type shit. This kind of thing is somewhat acceptable for a custom ROM, not acceptable for an official ROM. Up your game Cyanogen. Or I'm going back to a Nexus because right now I am seriously unimpressed.

kevm66 and arginh like this.
  14. mydragoon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 19, 2014

mydragoon , Aug 19, 2014 :
    actually, i'm beginning to suspect this. i did manual check and usually there would be a progress indicator. but last night, there wasn't any progress indicator. it just immediately showed me a "no new updates" message.

but i could be wrong.......

15. arginh
    Donut Aug 19, 2014

arginh , Aug 19, 2014 :
    did this OTA break GPS? My GPS only works after a reboot, and for 1 trip. After the first use, it wont work until I reboot again!

16. fenice
    KitKat Aug 19, 2014

fenice , Aug 19, 2014 :
    It's just a coincidence. The "developer" options are just that, some new options on the settings menu. If your phone is rooted you'll need to uncheck the "Update CM recovery" so that after an OTA you don't lose any recovery that you've installed.

4Joppe4 likes this.
  17. arginh
    Donut Aug 19, 2014

arginh , Aug 19, 2014 :
    Advance the date forward on your phone by a day or two and check for the update again. You will see it.

18. ermexiro
    Gingerbread Aug 19, 2014

ermexiro , Aug 19, 2014 :
    ATTENTION! All People who bought a phone from Chinese Market, can't get OTA updates!

Please follow this instruction and your phone will get OTA.
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/#post-4147082

Basically the problem is because in Chinese market Color os is installed, and the phone has Color os Custom Recovery. To use OTA updtaes of CyanogenMod requires a compatible recovery. To flash twrp or other custom recovery you need to Unlock the phone.

In the above guide the steps are for:
    1. Unlocking the boot loader in fast boot mode (this resets the phone to factory settings, erases all apps, but doesn't deletes photos, music etc)

2. Flash Twrp Recovery again in the fastboot mode (including SU)

3. Copy the latest version of CM in the phone and flash it using TWRP recovery.

Very easy guide (thanks to the guy who wrote it) but all steps need to be followed!

iwantthatfone85 likes this.
  19. reasonis
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2014

reasonis , Aug 19, 2014 :
    I think I'm more concerned on the bugs that weren't fixed with the last 30O update for e.g.

1. The off screen gestures still don't work well. when i draw a V, the torch only turns on when I press the power button rather than automatically.
    2. I am still accidentally activating the torch sometimes when I grab it from my pocket.
    3. The in-call ear volume is still very LOW. I have to really strain myself in order to hear the other party.

I thought these were supposed to be fixed. Any ideas guys?

kevm66 likes this.
  20. Dilex76
    Eclair Aug 19, 2014

Dilex76 , Aug 19, 2014 :
    I just want to advise that 30o factory image has been pubblished on the official site https://cyngn.com/products/oneplusone/ but pay attention that's the 11.08.14 version so it doesn't contain the new fixes about battery drain which we've been waiting for in these days