CM 11S 38R OTA is out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masammut
    Honeycomb Oct 8, 2014

masammut , Oct 8, 2014 :
    For my all touchscreen issues were fixed with 38R. I had to use Franco kernel before to fix, but it killed my Antutu stats.

2. Skf123
    Marshmallow Oct 8, 2014

Skf123 , Oct 8, 2014 :
    What's wrong with it?

3. Skf123
    Marshmallow Oct 8, 2014

Skf123 , Oct 8, 2014 :
    Updates are great but not when they introduce new bugs and take away features. You could have made your OPO's display look more like an amoled by bumping up the saturation and the contrast using CM11s's colour calibration feature, that's gone now with the 38R update

4. RipperFox
    Eclair Oct 8, 2014

RipperFox , Oct 8, 2014 :
    Did you, as a mature buyer, compare the phone's specs with your mobile provider's requirements - e.g. what LTE bands are supported by the phone and what bands are used by your carrier?

sparkling_cyanide007 and 7r3y like this.
  5. Q8_Panther
    Froyo Oct 8, 2014

Q8_Panther , Oct 8, 2014 :
    Oooooh yeah ;) Can't wait for that...

More power to you OnePlus team....keep up the awesome work

6. DeluxeNoone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 8, 2014

7. 7r3y
    Froyo Oct 8, 2014

7r3y , Oct 8, 2014 :
    Well said.

[​IMG]

INT = International
    CHI = Chinese

Chinese version lack of LTE 1700, 700 and WCDMA 1700.

In Central America, Canada and South America chinese version not an optimal choice:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks#Americas

So my question is open.

8. LeoRodgers
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2014

9. dylanwilliams97
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2014

dylanwilliams97 , Oct 8, 2014 :
    They can't fix a bug that they can't reproduce...if its device specific then until they find a device with the same issue to see what's causing it, they can't fix it

10. george36
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2014

george36 , Oct 8, 2014 :
    Do I need an invite to get this long awaited OTA update? My phone doesn't show it!

bryanccw likes this.
  11. dylanwilliams97
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2014

dylanwilliams97 , Oct 8, 2014 :
    Photoshop enthusiasts;) basically RAW is the preferred file type for photo editors as its less compressed...although the file sizes are massive

12. afaisweet
    Donut Oct 8, 2014

afaisweet , Oct 8, 2014 :
    When is singapore getting the update? Been waiting like a madman over here

VaughanMac likes this.
  13. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Oct 8, 2014

14. Charu
    Froyo Oct 8, 2014

15. api182

api182 , Oct 8, 2014 :
    Hmmm... I've just had the OTA now and I don't find the touch as good as it was on 33r. I didn't have any touch issues previously but now it seems that I've got to swipe my finger further in the app drawer to get to the next page... I'm using nova launcher prime btw... If the battery is better like they say it is in this one I'll stick with it, otherwise I'll have a crack at rolling back...

16. man1acc
    Donut Oct 8, 2014

man1acc , Oct 8, 2014 :
    Tried to Update manually via Stock Recovery (whole System Stock) but the installtion aborts with an error (something about an apache xml) :(

17. limbopope

limbopope , Oct 8, 2014 :
    They can easily reproduce it using chrome. Its something that seems to guarantee a reboot in peoples devices suffering from additional reboots. There has been absolutely no input from the assignee Ethan Chen over at jira since 33R despite more activity related to the issue than ever surrounding that software update. They would also be able to obtain a device with the problem if OPO accepted RMA on such devices but as can also be read over at jira they dont and people are left getting a refund through PayPal.

18. 7r3y
    Froyo Oct 8, 2014

7r3y , Oct 8, 2014 :
    Screen time?

19. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Oct 8, 2014

20. ganstakillerz

ganstakillerz , Oct 8, 2014 :
    Morning all, as promised I did a test regarding the update and the battery.

Woohoo I'm pleased. Got home yesterday full charged the handset. left it on from 9:30pm through to this morning and now at work (8:30am) only 10% of the battery has gone down so at present 90%.

Wi-Fi is on and the back ground services so Emails and notifications all come through as and when. Location is on for Google. No power save mode (although I don't think there is one for this handset?)

So overall the handset battery times is back to when I first brought the handset in July.

I think after the update the handset needs to adjust and settle itself as I initially though the update for battery time was crap yesterday morning.