CM 12.1 OTA update comes, what should i DO?

1. thesaifeye
    Froyo Aug 30, 2015

thesaifeye , Aug 30, 2015 :
    CM 12.1 OTA update comes, what should i do?
    Should I upgrade it or not? I saw some people are saying the current update is not that good and some others say lots of things. What you guyz did? Upgraded or still remains in the previous version?

2. rkiwtir
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 30, 2015

rkiwtir , Aug 30, 2015 :
    To make it a GOOD upgrade, you need to sacrifice a goat, make the moon and the earth collide and scream that you're not going create unnecessary threads like this ever again.

3. groohm
    Froyo Aug 30, 2015

groohm , Aug 30, 2015 :
    I updated it. And i'm dissapointed. There is a shitty new dialer. And a poor battery life. If you like your interface more than your OS, do not update.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015

thesaifeye likes this.
  4. Ashwith
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2015

5. sjöberg
    Froyo Aug 30, 2015

sjöberg , Aug 30, 2015 :
    Go for it! Or not... ;)
    Well its up to you, for me i grabbed the update before i got the message in my phone and i am happy with it, installation worked for me without any boring things and i guess i would not be this positive if the update had meesed up my phone.

best regards Jocke

6. Bartnl
    Lollipop Aug 30, 2015

Bartnl , Aug 30, 2015 :
    Decide for yourself :)
    I upgraded and up until now no problems of any. Battery life is better at mine. Just do not allow to upload your contacts to the servers of Truedailer (new dailer, looks less flashy, but works just fine) and the marriage of CM and Microsoft is noticeable, as Bing is the default search engine. But you can change this

7. Zeals
    Gingerbread Aug 30, 2015

Zeals , Aug 30, 2015 :
    TL: DR; it's functional but could use some work.

There are quite a few changes aesthetically, but if you don't like any aspects of the new UI, I suppose you can run themes and custom launchers to change it. Bing is the new default home search engine, which is questionable.

But my main gripe is how it sometimes seems to feel sluggish and slow down, I tried flashing a custom kernel and it has fixed some of the slow downs, but they are still there, currently swapping between governors and tweaking settings to try and fix it.

8. i5xswipe

i5xswipe , Aug 30, 2015 :
    They didn't change the search engine, they just added a homepage and pointed it to Bing. To be completely honest I didn't realize there was a homepage feature in chrome mobile. Simple enough to disable the homepage feature out change to any webpage you want in chrome settings.

Rafztafara likes this.
  9. i5xswipe

i5xswipe , Aug 30, 2015 :
    I would recommend upgrading for security purposes alone. It is actually a pretty good update. After the update, reset your APNs to Defaults, and themes to default. Should be good to go.

Only bug I have is while using Bluetooth audio with AudioFX enabled, background audio, phone notifications, navigation do not sound through music. The music fades only. With AudioFX disabled it functions normally.

10. Rafztafara
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2015

Rafztafara , Aug 30, 2015 :
    1 thing I realized after update, audio fx didn't work with YouTube, games, audio streaming from Chrome anymore. Charging time aslo longer than 5.0.2 while battery somewhat improved a lil bit..

thesaifeye likes this.
  11. 7s29
    Gingerbread Aug 30, 2015

7s29 , Aug 30, 2015 :
    Take the update, at first I had teething issues but, it all worked out. Battery is really good, as for the dialler, I don't mind it, much easier to use with one hand.

thesaifeye likes this.
  12. thesaifeye
    Froyo Aug 30, 2015

thesaifeye , Aug 30, 2015 :
    I have a problem, can you please fix it or suggest me something...
    I cannot update through OTA because of my TWRP. So I downloaded the zip file manually and try to install it through TWRP but it says "Error Flashing Zip" again and again. I downloaded the file again, but nothing happens and the same msg.
    What should I do now?

13. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Aug 30, 2015

TakeMyMoney , Aug 30, 2015 :
    I don't know, man. I am really hesitant to update. I don't have the time to fix issues and this time it seems worse than ever before.

Oyathnkso likes this.
  14. 0xTJ
    Gingerbread Aug 30, 2015

0xTJ , Aug 30, 2015 :
    You should update. Better notification area, more drawer options. (Can be changed back to original).