CM 12S to be released in March

1. waldwolf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 23, 2015

waldwolf , Feb 23, 2015 :
    After seeing all the turmoil in this thread, my first thought was...........

"Why is the Co-Founder of OnePlus (Carl Pei) answering questions
    and posting information on Twitter, when OP have a company forum,
    where hundreds and thousands of customers are anxiously awaiting
    information on updates to OP products and services?"

Sadly, I can only think of one reason for such actions, but I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

2. Rami_b
    Cupcake Feb 23, 2015

3. Deactivated User
    Feb 23, 2015

4. JBCJackson

JBCJackson , Feb 23, 2015 :
    He's too scared?

5. GigabitEthernet

Attached Files:

6. FalconFX
    Honeycomb Feb 23, 2015

FalconFX , Feb 23, 2015 :
    "Never settle" so much for a slogan !!!

I thought going CM & 1+1 way would make updates faster, but hey guess what, still nowhere near close, i guess i made a mistake buying this phone the company is too young to make a good & acceptable client experience, so i'll wait till the Note 5 appears & jump back on samsung's wagon again :)

gabrielE79HT likes this.
  7. drishd
    Honeycomb Feb 23, 2015

8. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Feb 23, 2015

9. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Feb 23, 2015

veratoloz2005 , Feb 23, 2015 :
    What if OP wants you to do just that? Start the transition to O2 ASAP? The only problem is that most of the users will not flash O2 if they have an option of a stable CM12.

Chriss29 likes this.
  10. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Feb 23, 2015

veratoloz2005 , Feb 23, 2015 :
    Think your first supposition is right. If you have a choice of a stable CM12, would you flash O2? I don't think so.

ogdenous and Chriss29 like this.
  11. deepakmad2002
    Gingerbread Feb 23, 2015

deepakmad2002 , Feb 23, 2015 :
    Now it's time to deliver..Good luck Oxygen OS team..! i believe CM relation with OPO was the one of the reasons for the delay for CM12s..

ogdenous likes this.
  12. Chriss29

Chriss29 , Feb 23, 2015 :
    I have said a while ago when this latest buggy OTA came out. Late and buggy updates to CM is a sure way to get everyone to switch to Oxygen, which is probably what One Plus ultimately wants.

veratoloz2005 likes this.
  13. Android the Greek
    Jelly Bean Feb 23, 2015

14. Rodav
    Honeycomb Feb 23, 2015

Rodav , Feb 23, 2015 :
    CM 12s will never be ready, the official release will be a beta in reality.

Chriss29 likes this.
  15. reverator
    Froyo Feb 23, 2015

reverator , Feb 23, 2015 :
    Guys, stop hating Oneplus. It's Cyanogen who is ******* up big time right now. I don't think they are gonna extend their partnership after the 2 year deal has expired. I hope OxygenOS is gonna be fantastic so they can leave the incompetent company Cyanogen inc behind.

16. carburano
    Jelly Bean Feb 23, 2015

carburano , Feb 23, 2015 :
    The only true thing is that both Cyanogen and OnePlus are inefficient, overvalued companies.
    Cyanogen delivers amateur sw and bugged updates, but they feels like they're gods.
    Oneplus is a virtual company with virtual promises and virtual support.

The only real thing is this overvalued phone.

nunopinho1982 likes this.
  17. tsiguel
    Froyo Feb 23, 2015

tsiguel , Feb 23, 2015 :
    This thread is a little... infuriating to read so here's a little Q/A I thought of

Q. Why does X(Samsung GS4, Note, LG g3, Moto whatever) have lollipop and OPO doesn't?
    A.
    a few reasons: one, X is a huge company with many more employers than either CyanogenInc or Oneplus and they have been in the ROM making business for ages.

The other thing is, google does not publish android source code straigh away but afaik gives preview of the code to its partners to start building the update, so there ya go, X had a head start.

Q. But it's been 3 months since the source code was released. What the hell is taking them so long?
    A.
    Software development is quite an unpredictable process. Many have tried give time and cost estimate of building a software and many have failed. A simplest bug may take months to find and fix (And did you forget both Cyanogen and Oneplus are startups)

Q. CM12 Nightlies are stable enough, what else is there to do?
    A.
    CM12S != CM12. Propietary software, bug fixes and google certification. And... wait a second, you are on CM12 nightlies and find it stable? What the hell do you want the OTA for?

Q. Why does Oneplus not state the release date since it have changed?
    A.
    They're learning from their mistakes, they tried to predict the release date last time, see how well that turned out?

Q. How will Oneplus customers ever trust the company?
    A.
    Those who know what a ROM is can flash any ROM they want. SANS VOIDING WARRANTY. No excuse. Those who can't do that, generally don't care. And those who complain here, I don't know who on earth you are, but please find a purpose and stop. It hasn't even been 2 months since the due date and if they release within 1 month of initial intended date that's pretty good by software standards.

Q. Did Oneplus or Cyanogen betray us?
    A.
    If you are referring to a late software update and no info then no, the have not betrayed you. They are working on it and they occasionally say what they are up to.
    If you are from India, alas, yes, they did betray you with the Micromax deal.

Q. Oneplus sucks, never buying a phone from them again. Unacceptable!
    A. Goodbye! Seriously, I've seen those comments on forums ever since android came about about EVERY SINGLE COMPANY. And will be great no to read anything similar to this on the forums ever again.

TheJames, Hagi, adnaik28 and 5 others like this.
  18. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Feb 23, 2015

19. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Feb 23, 2015

erzengelsachiel , Feb 23, 2015 :
    Well done sir. Great FAQ!

20. ppod
    Jelly Bean Feb 23, 2015

ppod , Feb 23, 2015 :
    FFS people it arrives when it arrives, if you need 5.0.x then flash the CM12 nightly otherwise wait for the official release.

Cut the bitching.. ITS JUST A PHONE!!!!