CM11s 05Q issues thread

?

Are you experiencing issues with the latest update?

1. Yes (OTA update)

55.6%
  2. Yes (Manual flash .zip)

13.5%
  3. No (OTA update)

15.3%
  4. No (Manual flash .zip)

5.5%
  5. Yes but not anymore

1.3%
  6. Haven't updated yet.

8.8%
  1. Mizanurification
    Eclair Feb 25, 2015

Mizanurification , Feb 25, 2015 :
    Bug:
    Suppose i get a call and answer on headset and then unplug the headset, the voice goes into the speakers. Its not a big bug and pressing the speaker button twice fixes it, but still a bug.

2. oliveryared
    Cupcake Feb 25, 2015

oliveryared , Feb 25, 2015 :
    This update really screwed my phone,
    1. Random restarts in my phone.
    2. Black screens of death. I have to hard reset my phone.
    3. When making phone calls I can't hear the caller(other person) but they can hear me. That goes away after restarting my phone.... Never had this problem before the OTA
    4. Sometimes my text size changes in the settings menu and I have to restart my phone.
    5. I have to restart my phone at least once a day.
    6. Swift keyboard stinks and can't word predict like Google keyboard.
    Please make a way to revert back to 44s

lemor likes this.
  3. sahilghai09
    Cupcake Feb 25, 2015

sahilghai09 , Feb 25, 2015 :
    the clock centre issues has continued the earlier builds, atleast in my case.

4. zdravke
    Gingerbread Feb 25, 2015

zdravke , Feb 25, 2015 :
    There is definitely a touch screen issue which is rendering keyboard useless for any fast typing. If you go to developer options and enable show touches, you will be able to see easily that there are circles appearing where you did not touch the screen, especially if you quickly press alternatively two opposite spots, like letters q and p on the keyboard. Looks like a software issue that might have been introduced as a poor attempt to fix some other hardware issue (ghost touches? )

5. sahilghai09
    Cupcake Feb 25, 2015

sahilghai09 , Feb 25, 2015 :
    05Q heating issues :
    I bought oneplus one about 3 months back and have recently updates it to 05Q. after that my phone started heating in just 10-15 mins of web browsing, light-gaming, instagram etc. I have no heavy games installed and all the developer and performance options are at default. Once my opo heats up, battery drain increases (from the back-camera region and front-top region)
    I use the ccleaner app to see temp and it goes upto 38 degree in 15 mins.
    Please can someone help me.

6. em_muh
    Gingerbread Feb 25, 2015

em_muh , Feb 25, 2015 :
    And Chrome is acting very funny. Like sometimes it simply doesn't zoom out after zooming in our vice versa..
    I generally don't like the update. I don't know if I'm only imagining it or if the phone really became slower! I hope the long waited for lollipop comes out soon.

Chriss29 likes this.
  7. visivakumar
    Froyo Feb 25, 2015

visivakumar , Feb 25, 2015 :
    So my battery life was really sucky after the update (like 100 - 40 in about 6 hours, mostly idle), and a factory reset didn't help. The main issue as far as I could see was that the phone was awake a lot of times even when the screen was off.
    Out of frustration / desperation, I changed runtime from Dalvik to Art yesterday and battery life seems to have gotten better! I'm currently down from 100% to 78% in 6.5 hours, with 1h of SOT and 1h of voice calls. And phone is awake almost only when screen is awake. Not sure how changing the runtime helped or if this will work for everyone, but putting it out there. Will monitor a bit more and update.

8. akincansenol
    Froyo Feb 25, 2015

akincansenol , Feb 25, 2015 :
    How did you switch from dalvik runtime to art runtime. I tried but stuck on the logo and restart from my touch.
    After that TA-DAA starting apps... And showing dalvik runtime.

Couple of days ago I tried 52Q's kernel and art came, but in 05Q case doesn't work.

52Q's kernel OK for some issue, but made a camera problem for me, which is once take a photo and after that camera can't connect, with or without RAW.

On the 05Q and own kernel on my battery goes 26 hours (on dalvik) nearly, 52Q's goes nearly 28 hours (on art).

Please tell us, how you did it? (I also factory reset after update)

9. Tricia24
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 26, 2015

Tricia24 , Feb 26, 2015 :
    My biggest issues after this update, as others have mentioned:

1) On lock screen, date & owner info message are overlapping. My bf mentioned this overlap on his OPO also interferes with functioning of lock screen audio controls when listening to podcasts/music.

2) Battery life, which already sucked, got infinitely worse. I now get only 3 hours of screen on time. I only use my phone for email and reading news during my morning commute and at lunch hour, then its dead by 3pm on the commute home. It's completely ridiculous. What's the point of having a cell phone?

I recently posted a thread about how I lost my phone on the subway and it was returned to me due to the lock screen contact info. This is miraculous given the above issues. The battery was dead (the woman who found it had to first charge it at a Rogers store) and the text overlap made the contact info difficult to read.

Chriss29 likes this.
  10. Chriss29

Chriss29 , Feb 26, 2015 :
    You are not the only one, a lot of people have this issue, including me

11. Tricia24

I've switched from dalvik to art runtime and will see what happens with my battery. Thanks!

12. Jhalon94
    Eclair Feb 26, 2015

Jhalon94 , Feb 26, 2015 :
    Still holding off on that update after seeing all of these posts. Can't risk all these bugs tbh, I'm hoping Lollipop won't be the same...

13. fazlee712
    Eclair Feb 26, 2015

fazlee712 , Feb 26, 2015 :
    been running in ART since even before the update and battery life was great (easily 2 days~ with regular use), now I'm lucky if I get half the usage I used to. WiFi also seems to almost completely shut off when the screen is off so notifications only come through when it (seemingly) does its periodic polling (like every few minutes?).

Chriss29 likes this.
  14. Tricia24

This is a known issue which pre-exists this update. When switching between 3G to H (or vice versa), it temporarily loses the data connection. I've had this issue since I got my OPO in Oct and STILL waiting for it to be fixed.

15. OPO1967
    Eclair Feb 26, 2015

OPO1967 , Feb 26, 2015 :
    Is there a way to get back to 44S? Anyone? Anyone? Beuhler? Beuhler? :)

16. akvijendra
    Honeycomb Feb 26, 2015

akvijendra , Feb 26, 2015 :
    Surprising seeing so many issues with the update. Unfortunately I haven't experienced any of these. Cynogen had mentioned somewhere that the update is essential in the upgrade to 12s whenever its available. Is there any response from them for these issues?

17. WillL

WillL , Feb 26, 2015 :
    I posted a topic asking for OP or Cynogen to post an update on plans to address the issues, but some mod locked it and directed me to this topic. Be nice if mods read what I was asking for rather than just seeing "another topic complaining about latest update". MUST.LOCK.

18. zdravke
    Gingerbread Feb 26, 2015

zdravke , Feb 26, 2015 :
    Here's another one for this collection: while on the call, if I take phone away from my face, the screen does not turn on.

I think we have surpassed critical mass of issues where any hope of fixing most of them disappears. I had many Chinese phones before, and sorry to say, this one is very little different from any of them. I am not holding my breath, I will be looking elsewhere for a more reliable device.

19. aarondvargas

aarondvargas , Feb 26, 2015 :
    As many know, when using a Music App, lets say Spotify, and the screen is locked with pattern or whatever, Music Controls doesnt work, you have to unlock the Phone, this is happening after upgrading to 05Q, that sucks, and I disabled the Gestures since a lot of times happened that when touching the screen to tap to wake or inserting my OPO to the front pocket, music started to play, so I got tired about it and made me uncomfortable. Hopefully they will fix this soon.

20. zdravke
    Gingerbread Feb 26, 2015

zdravke , Feb 26, 2015 :
    We all paid very low price for this phone, now we are paying the difference. They do not have the resources to fix the issues we are seeing.