CM11s 05Q issues thread

?

Are you experiencing issues with the latest update?

1. Yes (OTA update)

55.6%
  2. Yes (Manual flash .zip)

13.5%
  3. No (OTA update)

15.3%
  4. No (Manual flash .zip)

5.5%
  5. Yes but not anymore

1.3%
  6. Haven't updated yet.

8.8%
  1. ahighfield
    KitKat Mar 2, 2015

ahighfield , Mar 2, 2015 :
    Come on, they have contests to dream up, blog articles to write etc etc...How do you think they have time for your problems??

/sarcasm off [just in case...]

mario.ncc likes this.
  2. friss
    Gingerbread Mar 2, 2015

friss , Mar 2, 2015 :
    It's been an issue from many months and is file on JIRA log issue Bacon-64 yet so far no fix yet. https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-one-ruined-my-video-recording.185239/#post-7639052

avinashadvani likes this.
  3. domoham
    Froyo Mar 2, 2015

domoham , Mar 2, 2015 :
    Same here.. I never had such gps. Issue previously.. Was using 38r.. Now I always get gps. Signal. Loss problem.. Only. Reboot can provide a short fix.. I hope. Someone can provide me with solution as I have tried all kinds of. Things (except rooting and changing the gps. Config)

4. mario.ncc
    Donut Mar 2, 2015

mario.ncc , Mar 2, 2015 :
    I guess that you have switched on the ironic mode... At least they could give us an answer, dates for a solutions, something...

ahighfield likes this.
  5. ahighfield
    KitKat Mar 2, 2015

Haha, yes that's true, to be clear I completely agree. It is now pretty clear that at least two pretty significant issues exist that have a considerable impact on their customers'experiences: Bluetooth connection issues and battery.
    My research has shown that the battery performs the same or better with the screen off, but SOT has been impacted quite significantly. They should be telling us what they are doing on the Bluetooth issue (or at least acknowledging some of these issues exist) and explaining in detail what the mysterious touch screen fix is that appears to be sucking battery life when screen is on and affecting DT2W.

The sloppiness is evident from the lockscreen bugs that amazingly slipped through QA...Or even worse, they just didn't care to fix it so they could push it out faster.

mario.ncc and Chriss29 like this.
  6. sahilghai09
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2015

7. i5xswipe
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 2, 2015

i5xswipe , Mar 2, 2015 :
    I seem to be having a memory leak issue somewhere or ram management issue.

The phone is starting to not redraw properly or open links in Google Now in Chrome. I usually loose my clock widget on my home screen at this time and struggle to launch chrome. Often the links are opened in Chrome but it doesn't launch.

Just acting weird. Closing a few apps seems to free up enough memory to usually fix things up. A soft reboot will also help.

Cm12S will be here soon. I will do a factory reset at that time!

8. nadeempatel
    Froyo Mar 2, 2015

nadeempatel , Mar 2, 2015 :
    Few issues what i found on CM11 5Q

1) OTG disconnects very frequently with pendrive and hdd never connects.

2) Phone overheats on the top side.

3) The volume automatically gets lower down while playing movies. I observed it while headset is ON n while traveling. Its lower down when the vehicle jumps.

4) When you receive the email, and you click on it, it never select right email, instead it opens the above email.

5) Battery drains faster.

6) Wi-Fi and mobile internet connectivity looses if kept idle for a while.

7) Sometimes on call, even on normal mode, the sound comes from external speaker, the i hv to click on and off on speaker.

8) While listening anything over headset, the sound becomes very fuzzy kinda static. Restarting the phone resolves the problem.

9) Low volume on calls.

10) Ghost touches, while typing fast the keyboard auto closes.

11) It lags while scrolling.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015

9. Tricia24

Tricia24 , Mar 2, 2015 :
    I switched back to Dalvik to no avail. However, I cleared the Gmail cache which fixed the battery drain issue (now 5hrs screen on time), so I'm no longer sure if my battery issue was correlated to the 05Q update or just coincidence.

10. thekidswhopop
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2015

thekidswhopop , Mar 2, 2015 :
    It really sucks that people are having so much issues with this update.

I loved my OnePlus, but this update has seriously taken away from what made the phone great. For me the big thing is the huge battery drain, even when I am not using it it never fails to drain itself.
    The main source of the drain seems to be "Android OS" so there isn't much I can do about that.

Also all my contacts were deleted and there were a few issues with themes etc.

Any word on this being resolved anytime soon? I hope so

11. firefly5

firefly5 , Mar 2, 2015 :
    The only issue I use after the update was a huge battery drain with "Mediaserver" (about 18 hrs per charge). Since then, I've set it to set Denied to "Keep awake" for "Media Storage" and everything's been back to normal - getting about 2 days for my usage pattern.

12. jevermeister
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2015

jevermeister , Mar 2, 2015 :
    I have an issue with the expanded volume sliders.
    I set them to expanded or expandable and get the expanded or expandable sliders.
    After a while, when I want to change the volume I notice that it is reverted back to a single slider withouth the expand button.
    I noticed no pattern, alst time I just locked and charged, no Profile switching etc.

Nils

13. Chriss29

Chriss29 , Mar 2, 2015 :
    Yes, SOT is way worse, and don't forget the tap to wake feature which is now completely borked

14. visivakumar
    Froyo Mar 2, 2015

visivakumar , Mar 2, 2015 :
    Interesting. I think it's time to start compiling all the potential solutions to the battery drain issue :)

ahighfield likes this.
  15. cas8180

cas8180 , Mar 2, 2015 :
    Has anyone come up with a "data safe" roll back solution yet? Again assuming locked bootloader?

16. maverickman2015
    Honeycomb Mar 2, 2015

maverickman2015 , Mar 2, 2015 :
    Try selling your phone and getting another OPO as the latest OPO's have no issues as I am aware of...I have one that was manufactured 30/01/2015 or roughly that date.. and it has no issues whatsoever... the only thing I did was clear a full restore after the OTA update..hope this helps..

17. ahighfield
    KitKat Mar 2, 2015

See my review thread in signature for link with my research. Idle drain is solvable I think in most cases but diminished SOT is not.

18. jonboy699
    Donut Mar 2, 2015

jonboy699 , Mar 2, 2015 :
    Hi, I seem to have the battery drain bug. I want to factory reset but I don't want to redownload all my apps if I was rooted I'd use titanium backup but I'm not rooted any suggestions?

19. ahighfield
    KitKat Mar 2, 2015

Try Helium (as in the app)

20. akincansenol
    Froyo Mar 3, 2015

akincansenol , Mar 3, 2015 :
    No, I haven't. ART gone just after the 05Q update. Before, have the same apps and run on ART.

And I know if I have any uncompatible app, its not stuck in bootloop. Just all time in the boot, re-create runtime cache.

So, thats not a reason, if I flash 44S kernel, cross this issue. But camera problem comes in on 44S Kernel + 05Q ROM

Thats just Kernel issue

Edit: And also have Wi-Fi issue. Sometimes I'm click on turn-on and it's stuck in turn-on but its not turn-on. And after that I need to reboot..