CM11s 05Q issues thread

?

Are you experiencing issues with the latest update?

1. Yes (OTA update)

55.6%
  2. Yes (Manual flash .zip)

13.5%
  3. No (OTA update)

15.3%
  4. No (Manual flash .zip)

5.5%
  5. Yes but not anymore

1.3%
  6. Haven't updated yet.

8.8%
  1. rodstoppable
    Eclair Feb 13, 2015

rodstoppable , Feb 13, 2015 :
    hmm, does anyone know what this feature actually does? How does it affect performance?

2. Professorjordan
    Froyo Feb 13, 2015

jjppttccbb likes this.
  3. shogon
    Eclair Feb 13, 2015

shogon , Feb 13, 2015 :
    Maybe less issues? But don't quote me on that, it's just a guess.

No clue either what it does, I enabled it back on 44s but maybe I'll turn it off since it was by default, and I'm unfamiliar with it.

4. jorgeepelos
    Gingerbread Feb 13, 2015

jorgeepelos , Feb 13, 2015 :
    when i uncheck double tape to wake up, after 5 min, it is activated again,
    wtf? can u help me, you have the issue? thanks

matanwei likes this.
  5. Menno8
    Cupcake Feb 13, 2015

Menno8 , Feb 13, 2015 :
    Major battery drain issues. Never had this before....bummer, let's hope for a quick debug/update

matanwei and Djnas like this.
  6. bmaz121
    Froyo Feb 13, 2015

7. cultiv
    Froyo Feb 13, 2015

cultiv , Feb 13, 2015 :
    So a Facebook messenger bug is draining all your batteries and T-Mobile outage is causing all your connectivity issues. This update sure sucks huh.. :p

8. bmaz121
    Froyo Feb 13, 2015

bmaz121 , Feb 13, 2015 :
    Also It would be nice if we all knew the downloaded update is in the /Cache folder

9. bmaz121
    Froyo Feb 13, 2015

bmaz121 , Feb 13, 2015 :
    Using TWRP

10. mchon
    Honeycomb Feb 13, 2015

mchon , Feb 13, 2015 :
    it's there because it's supposed to be temporary (delete after update). since updates usually wipe cache after install, it's a clean way to delete the file once install is finished.

as to your original statement about assert fail, it's because you've made some modifications to your /system partition and update won't install cleanly -- probably give you issues similar to what people are reporting. Unless you're willing to deal with the consequences, don't install modified OTA that many are using which circumvents this check. Small modifications to /system should be OK, but to be safe, follow Method 2 from @Crackass post on this issue.

11. deepakmad2002
    Gingerbread Feb 13, 2015

deepakmad2002 , Feb 13, 2015 :
    The first thing I realized was the double tap to wake function having a lag..!

12. sakibthegreat
    Honeycomb Feb 13, 2015

sakibthegreat , Feb 13, 2015 :
    Also, my On screen Time has significantly increased! Before, I used to have 4-5 hours on heavy usage...but now I get 6.5hrs+! Ain't that cool! :D

13. adityaasokan
    Cupcake Feb 13, 2015

adityaasokan , Feb 13, 2015 :
    Got my update yesterday and I do have some issues. For one my battery life seems to have reduced and with the new update I'm not able to see incoming texts, I get text alerts and the texts seem to reach me fine but can't actually see them. I can see what my outgoing texts are though.

Does anyone else have similar problems or any suggestions?

14. sherezade
    Cupcake Feb 13, 2015

sherezade , Feb 13, 2015 :
    I have TWRP installed, got OTA update today, MD5 was missing, seemed to hang, rebooted and update went through, build number has changed to 05something, so all went well. Don't know if all is fine though, too early to tell, but it seems ok. No issues/difficulties or anything with OTA.

15. dcuttler
    Gingerbread Feb 13, 2015

dcuttler , Feb 13, 2015 :
    I just tried out the MAXXAUDIO with Poweramp, and while it does sound great sitting in my car, the phone got very hot! I suspect that there is a lot of DSP (digital signal processing) going on especially when using the MAXXSpace function, which probably puts a hefty load on the processor.

As we use more and more of these applications, phones are going to need better heat sinks, vents, and/or a small fan to control the heat.

The OTA upgrade went well, no heat under normal use, and I have not had any other issues. My phone is stock, and about 1 week old. It only got hot when using Poweramp & Maxxaudio.

16. mchon
    Honeycomb Feb 13, 2015

17. Deactivated User
    Feb 13, 2015

18. Halcyonic
    Honeycomb Feb 13, 2015

Halcyonic , Feb 13, 2015 :
    Even though you did sort the problem out, I recommend that you switch to a better texting app. The stock one has poor picture quality and sometimes doesn't send texts through. I switched to textra and it fixed all these problems and it's VERY customizable. Try it and see if you like it :D

19. TheFarm
    Cupcake Feb 13, 2015

TheFarm , Feb 13, 2015 :
    The new update (11.0-XNPH05Q) has killed the ability for me to see my own text messages. They all appear in white lettering, which I cannot change through the messaging app nor my keyboard. I do have a theme running (great freedom), which I tried disabling to no effect.

I've also lost the ability to pause/play/skip songs from my lock screen. But that may just have been the latest Google Play music update..

20. dimka2000
    Cupcake Feb 13, 2015

Djnas likes this.