CM12 mms not working

1. AnimeSK
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2015

AnimeSK , Apr 23, 2015 :
    Hello my phone just updated from stock Cm11S to Cm12 and after update i cant recive or send mms. I checked all settings apn and its good but it still dont work. Im using default sms application and have T-Mobile SK .

2. Vilcek
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2015

3. AnimeSK
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2015

AnimeSK , Apr 23, 2015 :
    Ano nahral som si google messinger. A uz to ide zevraj ta appka original nejde pod tou rom na cm12 \ I downloaded other SMS\MMS program Google messenger

4. kilbane
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2015

kilbane , Apr 23, 2015 :
    Same here ! Worked like a charm on cm11s and got trouble on cm12 nightlies and now cm12s. mms remains on "downloading" and sending don't work. does not even have the activity arrows on network icon. Tries some others texting apps, and recheck my apn. I'm on french orange network.

5. voljan
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2015

voljan , Apr 23, 2015 :
    Dial hidden menu *#*#4636#*#* and on section telephone info enter your operator number of sms center. There are some other cool options, but don't mess with them if you don't know what you're doing!

6. megatomic
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 23, 2015

megatomic , Apr 23, 2015 :
    Delete all unused APNs. This is what fixed my MMS issues last week when I flashed to COS12 manually.

7. Vilcek
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2015

Vilcek , Apr 24, 2015 :
    len si to nahral nic ine? nemenil si APN?

8. kilbane
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2015

kilbane , Apr 24, 2015 :
    It does not work. I've started back from scratch (wipe factory + flash full last rom) and issue persists. With my isp, i need to configure two apn (not automaticly detected): one for internet ("default") and one for mms ("mms"). I've tried to merge them on only one apn but they don't share the same "apn" field.

9. AnimeSK
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2015

AnimeSK , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Ano iba som nahral google messenger nemenil som apn tmobilu bolo aj tak dobre bo si to ziska zo sim karty. Iba som nastavil google messenger preedvolenou app na sms\mms

10. spect8
    Cupcake May 2, 2015

spect8 , May 2, 2015 :
    Also have this problem. Tried setting up the APN's from scratch again, without luck! :-(
    Can't send or receive MMS!

11. AKMacAddict
    Cupcake May 3, 2015

AKMacAddict , May 3, 2015 :
    I'm suffering the same thing. Have tried to delete APN's, and all the other suggestions. Have had no luck. Funny thing, however, is that if I enable WiFi, the MMS messages will send and receive. They just don't work over cellular. Never had a problem before CM12... :(

12. bbud
    Eclair May 3, 2015

bbud , May 3, 2015 :
    Any update on this? I just discovered I'm having the exact same issue. It was working just fine before I got the update yesterday. Now I can't send or receive any MMS.

13. tamtim01
    Froyo May 4, 2015

tamtim01 , May 4, 2015 :
    I would like an update too please havent had any luck

14. gotracy124
    Cupcake May 4, 2015

15. eddiedeltoro
    Cupcake May 6, 2015

eddiedeltoro , May 6, 2015 :
    Just went to AT&T to get my APN's all matched up and corrected, still no luck. Tried submitting at ticket to OnePlus but not able to without a "workorder number". And contacting Cyanogen is no luck either.

16. TaCe87
    Cupcake May 6, 2015

TaCe87 , May 6, 2015 :
    Use the google messenger app , and send your own number in the first MMS Message.
    Its working.

17. AKMacAddict
    Cupcake May 6, 2015

AKMacAddict , May 6, 2015 :
    I've now tried several different SMS/MMS clients now. My long time go-to app, Go SMS Pro, doesn't work at all for MMS.
    • Messaging (built in stock app) doesn't work for MMS.
    • EvolveSMS will send/receive MMS via WiFi, but will only send MMS via cellular (not receive).
    • Textra will send/receive MMS via WiFi, but MMS via cellular doesn't work.
    • Handcent only works with SMS.
    Right now, based on suggestions of others, Google Messenger from the Play Store works for everything. The problem is, that it is very basic. I still can't figure out how to tag and delete multiple messages nor other features I have gotten used to having available. But, it is the only app that works, both send and receive via cellular (and WiFi, too) for me.

Yes, before you ask, I am quite familiar with APNs, configuration options (as made available by the developers) in each of the messaging apps, etc. (I work for a local wireless carrier here in Alaska.)

Just passing along for information. Hopefully a new release will be forthcoming that fixes this issue. Until then, if all else fails, you might be able to limp along with Messenger.

18. daareek
    Cupcake May 6, 2015

daareek , May 6, 2015 :
    Have same issue here after upgrade to CM12. Found that I'm only able to send/receive MMS using Hangouts but only when both data and wifi are enabled...
    Created a ticket with OPO support, got even a possible solution - link to firmware I should flash a phone with but I'm not sure to do that as I belive it will not resolve the problem.
    I hope Android will not just give up handling mms message as they have done with video calls (as gsm service) because it was not popular in US...

19. hiperflash
    Gingerbread May 6, 2015

20. vinhngo69
    Gingerbread May 7, 2015

vinhngo69 , May 7, 2015 :
    This is exactly my work around the issue at the moment. Like daareek was saying, use Hangouts for MMS and both data and wifi are enabled.