CM12 not working with encryption

1. mmcool
    Gingerbread Mar 1, 2015

mmcool , Mar 1, 2015 :
    New
    Have someone tried installing CM12 with Encryption on CM11? After flashing update,cm12 and gapps (nano), at the time of first boot it asks for password to decrypt and then it is unable to decrypt and says i need to reset phone. Any solutions?

2. Psk.it
    KitKat Mar 1, 2015

Psk.it , Mar 1, 2015 :
    if you have a backup-up, I think you had better to:
    - restore your CM11 backup
    - unencrypt the phone
    - flash CM12
    - never encrypt it till CM12 is officially released

or, reflash CM11 from scratch

Lingering likes this.
  3. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Mar 1, 2015

sidlittlefield , Mar 1, 2015 :
    I have not use the encryption but I thought there was a consistent problem with the whole process. I remember seeing multiple threads created a couple of months back.

4. mmcool
    Gingerbread Mar 1, 2015

mmcool , Mar 1, 2015 :
    I don't see an option to decrypt , once it is encrypted. Unless i am missing something. Also, my work email does not work without encryption. It is interesting if they are so close to the release and only working on certifications and QA,etc how can they not have solved encryption issues..

5. go for.android13
    Jelly Bean Mar 1, 2015

go for.android13 , Mar 1, 2015 :
    Yep encryption sucks on phones not one phone has it done right yet not iOS not wm not android in fact the only one that might get it right first will be iOS because its so locked down giving the is Debs better control over the encryption

6. Psk.it
    KitKat Mar 1, 2015

Psk.it , Mar 1, 2015 :
    for working email there are some solution
    - there is an xposed module (exchange baypass)
    - eType (it works for me, i think it could work for you)
    in both cases you are out of your company policies.

just a question: if your company does not provide you a mobile device, why do you want to access your company email in mobility?

7. 9843823790849
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 1, 2015

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015

8. mmcool
    Gingerbread Mar 1, 2015

mmcool , Mar 1, 2015 :
    I was not aware about that we can bypass encryption requirement.. Do you know a way to disable decryption on CM11, once u already have it?

Regarding your question, unfortunately thats how it works today, companies dont give mobile , internet, etc but expects you to be on top of everything :). This is common for people in non-sales (like developers) in USA, india ,etc. I know it is very different Europe though..

9. Psk.it
    KitKat Mar 1, 2015

Psk.it , Mar 1, 2015 :
    no, i never encripted my device, i just tryed xposed module to check if it really works
    if you do not have a backup to restore, i think you have to restore the CM11 rom from ADB
    so all partitions will be replaced and you will have a factory reset device

click on "cm stock" link in my signature to get the latest CM11 rom
    and follow the command as mentioned in the post ;)

ok, my point of view: if my company does not provide me a company phone, it means they do not want/need me to be reacheble out of working hours

10. mmcool
    Gingerbread Mar 1, 2015

mmcool , Mar 1, 2015 :
    Thanks. So i have twrp backup and can take internal storage backup, if i save that and do factory reset and post that can i restore twrp backup? What all things i would lose or it would be exactly same? My guess is i would need to manually restore internal storage as well..

11. Psk.it
    KitKat Mar 1, 2015

Psk.it , Mar 1, 2015 :
    you had better to make a backup before flashing roms (as rollback strategy)
    at the moment, if you create a backup, you will have a backup of unworking system (unusefull)

if you did not a backup before, you simply have to flash back a complete fresh rom
    but you will lost all data stored on your internal storage

12. mmcool
    Gingerbread Mar 1, 2015

mmcool , Mar 1, 2015 :
    I have a backup for CM11 , which i restored to. So my question is if i cannot decrypt , can i do factory reset and use same backup from twrp to restore when it is not encrypted. By doing that , what all things would work vs not..

13. P0wnd
    Froyo Mar 1, 2015

P0wnd , Mar 1, 2015 :
    You could make a backup with like titatium backup. Your nandroid backup will be useless.

Backup your apps with titatium backup and flash to whatever ROM you want.

14. solo1
    Eclair May 6, 2015

solo1 , May 6, 2015 :
    How do you UNENCRYPT your phone? Please advice... I search high and low and could not find that option, tool or anything like that.

15. solo1
    Eclair May 6, 2015

solo1 , May 6, 2015 :
    The backup of an encrypted CM11 would do you no good since you cannot restore it unencrypted after you flash CM12 on top. And there is no way to unencrypt a backup partition.

I have tried all sorts of things and nothing had worked so far. And thank goodness I had a full TWRP backup otherwise I am screwed.

Can someone from OnePlus One explain when if at all this issue will be resolved? It is frustrating dealing with this whole encryption issue since day one.