CM12S buggy sms?

1. oneeyedhobbit
    Gingerbread May 16, 2015

oneeyedhobbit , May 16, 2015 :
    Hello all,

I haven't been active on these boards in quite some time, so please forgive me if I'm out of date. I haven't been able to hone in on anything in particular that may be causing my issues or find a fix, so please point me to a resolution/close this thread if that is most appropriate.

That said, I have had a really terrible experience since downloading the CM12s OTA. I'm not placing the blame on OP or CM, but as a software developer myself, I would be ashamed to have been involved in the release of 12s if this is par for the course. Please note that none of my problems have anything to do with the touch screen (I am honestly surprised that this has been the issue I've seen get the most press, as I haven't had problems since I purchased my one plus).

On CM 11s (44r) I was able to easily get two days out of my phone given my daily use patterns (note that this is extremely subjective, as you may use your phone much more/less frequently than me). After updating to 12s, if I get a day without having to plug in I am a happy camper.

On CM 12s, my mobile radio is absolutely atrocious. If I am not able to connect to a wifi network, I might as well not have my phone.

Finally, on CM 12s I am getting consistent NPE's causing com.android.phone to crash (for the less technically inclined, something is crashing my "phone" app because my sms's are being returned as empty by the software).

For the moment, I've tried flashing oxygenos. This has alleviated the latter two issues, although my battery life is still pretty bad. I have to assume others have had these or similar issues, so I was wondering if anyone had found any legitimate work arounds, or if I should abandon CM. I'm completely open to flashing a custom rom as well. I will likely never use an official Cyanogen Inc Rom again--their treatment of One Plus was bad enough, but this is an appallingly terrible software release. I hope that One Plus will not take this as an invitation to rest on their laurels, as I do not think OxygenOS has set a significantly higher standard.

Apologies for the negativity. I bought my phone to use as an every day driver, not a test bed for proprietary ROMs, so my frustration is only with the unusability of my phone. Thanks for any suggested fixes/stable roms.