CM12S Bugs Thread

1. vinhngo69
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2015

vinhngo69 , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Please do update the result buddy. I have done the test myself, but that doesn't mean it will work on yours. Although I have no problem that worth to mention, but lot of people have lot of problems, that make me have no faith anymore.... LOL....

2. hayes
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2015

hayes , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Is the mobile radio active drain for real? My Facebook app is draining my battery twice as much as my screen.

3. jdang67
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2015

jdang67 , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Does anyone have problem to use WIFI after install in version 12? w to fix the WIFI problem? I could not connect to my WIFI

Thanks,

4. vinhngo69
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2015

Try to choose your wifi then select "Forget", connect to it again with your wifi password. If still not working, reboot your modem.

5. Closure
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2015

zombie dude likes this.
  6. gnuyen
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2015

gnuyen , Apr 21, 2015 :
    The buttons on the bottom of my device don't work anymore. Basically they register as touches higher up, so on the home screen, the home button hits the apps menu, back hits the lower right app etc. Is there a fix for this?

7. abepaniagua
    Froyo Apr 21, 2015

8. rwmchan
    Jelly Bean Apr 21, 2015

rwmchan , Apr 21, 2015 :
    +1 volume is reduced (especially the media volume)

9. badnewsbrowns
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2015

badnewsbrowns , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Any video I attempt to play through YouTube or in Web browser stalls after 15-30 seconds but audio continues. Anyone else having a similar issue?

Kirtash 77 likes this.
  10. remya939
    Donut Apr 21, 2015

remya939 , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Help required... After manual udate from CM 11 to CM 12, I noticed that total internal storage is only 54 GB. 10GB vanished. How can I recover my lost 10GB. Screenshot attached.

Attached Files:

11. markdexter
    Eclair Apr 21, 2015

markdexter , Apr 21, 2015 :

is this for real?

Kuronosu likes this.
  12. vinhngo69
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2015

You used to have 54.87Gb available for internal storage in CM11S (attached pic) NOT 54.92Gb. The rest is reserved for system file partition.

Attached Files:

13. vankris
    Froyo Apr 21, 2015

vankris , Apr 21, 2015 :
    I did the same.. it worked for me.. looks like there is bug in the build.

juan_nano likes this.
  14. Trapclapped
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2015

Trapclapped , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Sadly I am having some issues with the update aswell
    -my equalizers for starters decided to stop working
    - battery life has been reduced greatly
    - charging seems to be extremely long ( in comparison to the previous update)

Personally I think that these are very bog issues used to love playing music on the phone but without the equalizer its a little meh, and after that the battery life makes me sad aswell due to obvious reasons

Hope this gets fixed soon!

15. hermi35
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2015

hermi35 , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Problema wi fi

to restart the phone, the wifi is deleted, you must reconnect and enter the key
    any solution?

al Reiniciar el movil, el wifi no queda guardado.

alguna solucion

16. umarali
    Donut Apr 21, 2015

umarali , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Issues i am facing:

Battery:
    • Battery sometimes drains too quickly, but its okay other times. There is no real pattern to it though
    • The phone dies before the battery can go below 10%. This has happened 3 times now.
    Volume:
    • Unlike a lot of other people, i have not faced the low in-call volume issue, however, i am facing a totally different sort of a volume issue
      • No matter what volume level I set for ringer, any and all notifications arrive at full volume (unless i have set the ringer to vibrate). And this only happens for notifications (whatsapp, texts, email etc), the ringer volume for incoming calls is okay.
    • I feel that the media volume is a bit reduced though.
    Google Now(might just be me):
    • Cant figure out how to configure Google Now to come up when i swipe left on the default launcher.
    Messaging:
    • I did a manual flash, following the guide by @i5xswipe and as stated in the guide, i do receive a prompt at post-boot that messaging has stopped. Is there a fix for that?

These are basically the issues i have noticed in the last couple of days that I have used CM12s. Been working late so didn't get much time to explore the new OS in details, but the above stated really stood out.
    Do let me know if there are any fixes for them.

Cheers!

PS: About to do a complete factory reset though.

17. umarali
    Donut Apr 21, 2015

umarali , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Issues i am facing:

Battery:
    • Battery sometimes drains too quickly, but its okay other times. There is no real pattern to it though
    • The phone dies before the battery can go below 10%. This has happened 3 times now.
    Volume:
    • Unlike a lot of other people, i have not faced the low in-call volume issue, however, i am facing a totally different sort of a volume issue
      • No matter what volume level I set for ringer, any and all notifications arrive at full volume (unless i have set the ringer to vibrate). And this only happens for notifications (whatsapp, texts, email etc), the ringer volume for incoming calls is okay.
    • Cant figure out how to configure Google Now to come up when i swipe left on the default launcher.
    Messaging:
    • I did a manual flash, following the guide by @i5xswipe and as stated in the guide, i do receive a prompt at post-boot that messaging has stopped. Is there a fix for that?

These are basically the issues i have noticed in the last couple of days that I have used CM12s. Been working late so didn't get much time to explore the new OS in details, but the above stated really stood out.

Cheers!

18. umarali
    Donut Apr 21, 2015

umarali , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Issues i am facing:

Battery:
    Volume:
    Messaging:

Cheers!

4everland likes this.
  19. umarali
    Donut Apr 21, 2015

umarali , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Sorry about the multiples, internet being a pain.

20. PrinzEugen
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2015

PrinzEugen , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Poor mobile reception in building, we cant hear each other but line stays open. Signal suddenly dropping and goes up again.
    Ringtone only rings once at custom sound, no repeat.

If we wait long for this crippled version of CM12s, how much we will have to wait for patches !!