CM13 bugs and annoyances

1. bikas Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 25, 2015

bikas, Nov 25, 2015 :
    OK, with official launch of CM13 nightlies, we have set of bugs. Some are fixed, most aren't. Here is the list.

OPEN -

AOSP Keyboard shortcut not working
    Issue
    - Create personal dictionary word/ phrase, add a shortcut key to it. Try shortcut key to insert full phrase, nothing happen.
    Fix - None yet. Till 20160105

Device don't backs up or restores from Google
    Issue
    - Install the ROM and you won't see option to restore the Apps. None of the settings restores as well.
    Fix - As nasty as it is, I don't find any solution to it. Took me extra 2 hours to get all my settings right. No fix yet - till 20160105

FIXED -

Phone constantly losing network signal

Issue
    - You loose network signal constantly and even after manual selecting, it looses in some time.
    Fix - Flash using TWRP 2.8.6.0 (https://dl.twrp.me/bacon/twrp-2.8.6.0-bacon.img) and no version above.

GPS not working
    Issue
    - GPS doesn't work as expected. Locates you far off. ~1600 km away in my case.
    Fix - Definitely fixed from 20160202 onwards

Data never connects
    Issue
    - No matter what you do, mobile data never connects
    Fix - It's been fixed in Nov 25th nightly. Tested on 20151130, still works.

Swipe gesture in AOSP keyboard not working

Issue
    - Try swiping and it doesn't work.
    Fix - Actually, it's quite simple. Opengapps has an issue with keyboard lib. Flash any other gapps to get rid of it. My favorite is SLIM.

Last call in Dialer is not shown
    Issue
    - Not sure about others, but I don't see last call in dialer (see attachment contact.png).
    Fix - Finally after investigation, actually it's not a bug but in 6.0, dialer doesn't have last call. Tried with official Google Phone app (now pulled form Play Store) http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...aler-2-3-12-android-6-0-android-apk-download/

Mobile network choose automatically not present
    Issue
    - When you search for mobile network, you've option to select list of network providers, but there's no option to select Choose Automatically, as was in previous releases (See attachment choose_automatically.png). Interestingly, Choose Automatically is present while it searches for network. (See attachment searching.png).
    Fix - Fixed in 20151205

Edit Tile issues
    Issue - There's no way to add extra tile apart from Broadcast Tile. Even in Broadcast Tile, keyboard never pops up (see attachment tile.png).
    Fix - Fixed in 20151210

Default Music crashes when Artist name is clicked
    Issue
    - Click on artist name in default music app, and the app crashes.
    Fix - Fixed in 20151130

MMS sending doesn't work
    Issue
    - MMS can't be sent using CM13.
    Fix - Fixed in 20151205. Note this may not work well even now. It's a known Marshmallow bug and is now fixed in 6.0.1. We've to wait a bit longer.

Frequent reboots
    Issue
    - Brought with 20151209, system reboots randomly. After few builds, now the reboots are too frequent.
    Fix - Properly fixed in at least 20160101. No need for any fix to flash.
    It's caused due to changes in vendor files by CyanogenMod. Follow the description, and find the fix here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64431504&postcount=1436.

OPEN But HAS WORKAROUND -

WhatsApp QR code scanner is not working
    Issue - When you open WhatsApp QR code scanner, the image is garbled and it seems not to be working at all.
    Fix - This officially an issue with CM13 and not fixed. However, you can still scan with the scanner. Trick is the focus exactly on the barcode on webpage. If you know basic of developer tool then you can remove all other element from the WhatsApp web page, go to full screen (F11) and then try scanning. With nothing else left to distract the scanner, your QR code will be scanned properly.

No quick unlock is present
    Issue
    - Insert correct pin and unlock without pressing OK is not present.
    Fix - There'll be no fix from CyanogenMod, as it's removed from security concerns. Use GravityBox (XPosed Module) to get this feature.

This seems to be it for now. If I come across any more bug/ fix, I'll add to the list. You guys can do the same.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016

2. sudhakarjha Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 26, 2015

3. bikas Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 26, 2015

bikas, Nov 26, 2015 :
    You're welcome. I'm updating the list as it progresses

4. h0aX Honeycomb Nov 26, 2015

h0aX, Nov 26, 2015 :
    Good job
    Keep on updating this thread.
    I'll flash it soon as soon as it becomes stable as a daily driver without any FCs

Following your thread

5. Deactivated User Nov 26, 2015

6. York_21 Gingerbread Nov 26, 2015

York_21, Nov 26, 2015 :
    When i'm using bluetooth audio (it works) and disconnect the other device (car radio) the music doesn't stop, it keeps playing on the speakers.

7. amartens181 KitKat Nov 26, 2015

amartens181, Nov 26, 2015 :
    Also
    MMS doesn't work right if you have WiFi on
    The new messaging app is different
    The default music player crashes if you try to select an artist
    The profile picture cannot be changed
    The swiping on the notification drawer is gross
    The systemui still has an odd bug that your navigation bar dissapers in landscape
    I'm getting significant "miscellaneous" power usage
    There is no quick unlock when you input your pin yet
    There are not many quick settings tiles yet

8. gmo8492 Lollipop Nov 26, 2015

gmo8492, Nov 26, 2015 :
    Nice thread, I'll hold off flashing CM13 once a more stable build comes out.

Adamfox1988 likes this.
  9. Rix_IV Cupcake Nov 27, 2015

Rix_IV, Nov 27, 2015 :
    I personally have not experienced any of the major issues but thanks for having this thread. If I ever do experience huge problems with CM13 I know where to come!

Slipshot likes this.
  10. Tarfex Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 27, 2015

11. MSalam11 Froyo Nov 27, 2015

12. lostLambda Lollipop Nov 27, 2015

Slipshot likes this.
  13. praveenmsps Cupcake Nov 27, 2015

praveenmsps, Nov 27, 2015 :
    I am still having GPS issues even after 20151126 update, I reside in Chennai, and it shows me somewhere near Chatissgarh :/
    Further the mobile data issue still exists, which worsk only after toggling on and off the Airplane mode.
    And in battery, though Doze works fine, still WiFi(above 30%)and miscellaneous(above 15%) cause excessive battery drain..

14. bikas Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 27, 2015

bikas, Nov 27, 2015 :
    I never send MMS so have no idea about it. Can somebody else confirm so that I put it up the thread?
    Music player issue is there, will update the thread with it.
    Profile picture changed fine with me.
    Power usage, quick unlock will go up as well.

15. bikas Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 27, 2015

bikas, Nov 27, 2015 :
    Did you guys not face contact, choose automatically, keyboard shortcut, issues? These things are blocking for me.

16. amartens181 KitKat Nov 27, 2015

amartens181, Nov 27, 2015 :
    The profile picture of your user changed fine? The one that is in the top right?

17. amartens181 KitKat Nov 27, 2015

18. bikas Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 27, 2015

bikas, Nov 27, 2015 :
    Yes it does.
    Screenshot_20151127-123204.png

19. mdjunaid007 Cupcake Nov 27, 2015

20. jstepa KitKat Nov 27, 2015

jstepa, Nov 27, 2015 :
    Do not flash SuperSu, it won't work, there is an built in root access in Developer settings, Root access

butaixyz8016 likes this.