CM13 bugs and annoyances

1. matssa Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 12, 2015

matssa, Dec 12, 2015 :
    Make sure the latest google app is installed, and that you linked the press long home button to open search assistant (in the buttons settings).

The battery drain is there, but there isn't any solutions yet, the ROM is still WIP. What app do you use though? It shows a lot of neat info, more than betterbatterystats.

2. UnknownCommand Froyo Dec 12, 2015

UnknownCommand, Dec 12, 2015 :
    I have the latest Google app installed and the long press home button is set to open search assistant. When I long press home button my phone vibrates twice and that's all, it doesn't get me anywhere.

3. rkiwtir Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 12, 2015

rkiwtir, Dec 12, 2015 :
    Settings >button functions >Set home button long press to search assistant. And Google now on tap should be enabled in the app (Ps : It is only available for English / Japanese as reported by @matssa )

4. rkiwtir Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 12, 2015

rkiwtir, Dec 12, 2015 :
    Tomorrow's build is about lockscreen stuff. So we might see a fix for lockscreen shortcuts crash and quick unlock? Maybe?

5. matssa Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 12, 2015

matssa, Dec 12, 2015 :
    Not sure, there still isn't any commit on this. There are only changes for the grid lockscreen (change size, etc...).

6. matssa Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 12, 2015

matssa, Dec 12, 2015 :
    Strange... Can you check the setting? Furthermore, what version of the Google app do you have?

7. nnmanobala Cupcake Dec 12, 2015

nnmanobala, Dec 12, 2015 :
    The app I use is Wakelock Detector, ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector&hl=en ). Install and use normally, root is required, but do not install as system. I tried installing as system and it stopped showing stats altogether.

matssa likes this.
  8. nnmanobala Cupcake Dec 12, 2015

nnmanobala, Dec 12, 2015 :
    I have Amplify and greenify unlocked, but for several other people the ROM has been giving perfect battery life. Guess I'll have to amplify it until google play services gets properly optimized. Thank you.

9. UnknownCommand Froyo Dec 12, 2015

UnknownCommand, Dec 12, 2015 :
    Thanks for trying. Ok, with stock gapps long press home button gets me to google app. But stock gapps is way much more than I need and most importantly using stock gapps I am unable to remove certain apps. So this is one thing. Other than that it would be just great if it wasn't for the fact that I need to replace latest google app with simple old google search assist (google 4.9.22.19). Unlike on CM12.1 Nightly holding home button doesn't get me directly to search bar with the keyboard already on. I love that simplicity, having to go through some google cards or promptings to install Now on tap and so on is totally not my thing. For now I'm back on cm-12.1-20151121 until someone figures out how to launch google 4.9.22.19 on CM13 Nightly with long press home button. If only there was a link to launch a chosen application that would solve the problem for me.

10. bikas Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 12, 2015

bikas, Dec 12, 2015 :
    Since it's in very early stage, ROM is pretty much hit and miss. The thing which works flawlessy for one, can be buggy for other.

11. archaven Cupcake Dec 13, 2015

archaven, Dec 13, 2015 :
    any fix for random reboots? this is so serious.. it basically just restart itself every few secs

saar_netzer likes this.
  12. matssa Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 13, 2015

matssa, Dec 13, 2015 :
    I don't have this issue... I get some reboots but it seems they are caused by some FC somewhere in the kernel / coding. I had one this morning, that's it.

CMYK likes this.
  13. CMYK Honeycomb Dec 13, 2015

CMYK, Dec 13, 2015 :
    Like wise, seems like a software issue. for me it happens randomly when im switching in apps.

14. djbready Cupcake Dec 13, 2015

djbready, Dec 13, 2015 :
    I've only encountered the "random-reboot-bug"..
    sometimes it happens 5-6 times in a row when switching apps, writing sms/whatsapp/somewhere else or when unlocking the phone. I have a logcat that I recorded just before the phone decided to reboot.
    If someone could find this helpful I can send it to you, maybe we can find a solution there...

15. matssa Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 13, 2015

matssa, Dec 13, 2015 :
    Yeah i wouldn't mind checking the logcat and see where the errors is.

16. djbready Cupcake Dec 13, 2015

djbready, Dec 13, 2015 :
    okay, i'll upload it here, so everyone who wants it can check it ^_^

EDIT:
    But be warned, i don't know how big it is, because it recorded for almost 30 minutes lol

Attached Files:

17. krusade Jelly Bean Dec 14, 2015

krusade, Dec 14, 2015 :
    Just curious, is the infamous Mobile Radio Active bug still present in Marshmallow?

18. matssa Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 14, 2015

matssa, Dec 14, 2015 :
    I took a look into the log, and there are several errors linked to the GEL Xposed Module (not really an issue I suppose). The error you have just before the crash, apparently, are related to the SQL database (can't seem to add an info), but it doesn't seem to do be responsible of the crash. I suppose it is the location service LocSvc that makes the phone crash (there are tons and tons of LocSvc errors at the end).

Do you use any Xposed module for the battery, like amplify or such?

krusade likes this.
  19. artest113 Eclair Dec 14, 2015

artest113, Dec 14, 2015 :
    Before this I was updating to the latest nightly build everyday until I stopped at 3rd December build. The reason is that starting from 4th December build, I noticed that some apps starting to show mobile radio active been used more than it should be even though I used it for like 1 or 2 minutes, it would show 30 minutes to an hour usage, and also I can really see that the battery dropped drastically when my data is on, then I tried the next few builds, 5th, 6th 7th Dec etc, all of them have the same problem, so I reverted back to 3rd December build and I'm happy with the battery life

krusade likes this.
  20. djbready Cupcake Dec 14, 2015

djbready, Dec 14, 2015 :
    Nope, only GEL Settings and a few others, but the crashes also appear with every module disabled

Maybe disabling location services could prevent the phone from crashing?